2012 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 18-20

Boy I look pretty serious in that shot Ron. Instead of a rain dance I need to learn a fire dance!
I’m glad to be a part of this expierence! This last weekend got me thinking that I might be a woodgas lifer. Maybe I can weed out my other projects in the barn? Probably not, I can’t seem to let go of anything. I need to do something, it’s getting hard to walk in there.
I suppose my only regret is that there isn’t 3 more of me to spread out and take more of the meet in!
Say hi to Ronda, It was great to get such a warm welcome from her.
Terry

Good Morning Terry,

I thought that was Clint Eastwood on a mission.

Yea he looks pretty determined." Go Ahead Make My Day!" LOL :slight_smile:

Hey it was sure good to meet everybody at the Indiana meet up. Thanks for getting my password straight Chris. Where do we access the shopping list for parts to start building wayne’s gasifier? Sure appreciate Wayne pioneering this thing for us :slight_smile:

I met up with my Dad over the weekend and was able to get the pictures he took.
#307 is when I zapped Mike with my insulated awl! Ha Ha!
The last picture isn’t from the meet, It’s my dad’s steam buggy he made. It was a topic of discussion with a few attendee’s (he does gasify gasoline in his burner!)
Terry
p.s. come on people, I know I saw some of you with video recorders! Share the wealth!

Here is a picture of Ron L and Rick Bates. I wish had got more pictures but the time flew.

I didn’t get a chance to really look over others projects. I took a quick look at Michael Briere gasifier as soon as we arrived and was planning on going over it with him in detail. All of a sudden it was Sunday afternoon and we both were driving out the gate. (Sorry Mike)
The wife and I would drive up and park of the morning , folks would start asking questions and before you knew it, it would be midnight.

Here is another picture showing Richard Cooper and son in the background, Wayne Baker and please note Doug Dorst in the white hat just as the dinner bell rang!!!

Pretty fast for a big fellow!!

Another Argos video.
This is Terry G mowing grass at the fairgrounds after doing his two wheel stands to the delight of all who watched. Good job Terry! http://youtu.be/7fKB3fLmDUo Sorry Mike L and other dial-up guys.
Don M

Hey Don, Thanks for posting that video. That was the second time I’ve seen Terry perform on that tractor and I laughed my ars off the whole time … Did you get your transfer case fixed ? I was working on mine this morning. The switch on it to activate the heat motor on the front differential has been acting up for years. I finally drilled a hole through the floor and wired a 49 cent light switch across it and duct taped it to the console. I was going to replace the switch but none of the auto parts stores had one the same as what is on it and they cost over 100 bucks anyway. I now have reliable 4WD again … Mike L

This is a simple design for a charcoal gasifier with cyclone and oil bath filter. Sorry but I can’t remember the designers name

No problem Wayne. I am now a premium member and everything is much clearer now. Thanks for sharing your secrets. It was great fun to sit around the fire.

I also thank you Don for the video!
You mention it is another video, are there more?
Terry

Mike L wrote: “Hey Don, Thanks for posting that video. That was the second time I’ve seen Terry perform on that tractor and I laughed my ars off the whole time … Did you get your transfer case fixed ?”
Mike, that was Wayne Baker’s transfer case that quit on the way home; I only blew a tire.
Terry G asked about the other gasmobile mower video you commented on - was that in Kansas? I remember seeing that but I think that was a link posted on the Yahoo woodgas site.

Don M

Don, It was at Mike Anthony’s place in Akron Michigan 2 summers ago. I think Mike Anthony goes by kb8ooe on youtube and it might be in his collection. ML

OK, I promised the recipe for the German potato salad, here it is at last.

German Potato Salad
From A Passion for Potatoes, pg 45

2 med onions, chopped
3 minced garlic cloves
½ c rich chicken stock
2/3 c apple cider vinegar
5 tbl parsley
2 tsp salt
1 lb bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
4lb russet potatoes, cut into large cubes

Cook potatoes in salted water until tender. Cook bacon until crisp. Add onions & garlic to bacon in skillet and cook until the onions are softened but not browned.

Add chicken stock & vinegar. Increase the heat and boil liquids. Set aside.

Combine potatoes & the onion-bacon dressing. Toss the potato salad with parsley and salt. Taste and correct seasoning. Set aside for at least 1 or 2 hrs before eating, to let the flavors mingle. To serve, invert the potato salad onto a serving platter. Garnish with additional parsley, if desired. Serves 8.

Richard Cooper said: This is a simple design for a charcoal gasifier with cyclone and oil bath filter. Sorry but I can’t remember the designers name

i believe that was Jeff Davis iirc. i think he said it was for a single point mount on his Kaiser jeep. i noted much discussion about his “horizontal cyclone” which he hoped to ultimately mount within a bumper to minimize the apparatus hanging out.

Does anyone happen to remember who it was that had the wood gassification outside boiler for heating a house at the 2012 meet in Argos? Seemed like a good unit but can’t remember who it was or the company name.

There was a guy with a boiler of some sort that was set up on the north side of “our” building behind where I was parking with my black truck and trailer to stay in the shade. I don’t recall any specifics but maybe this will help someone else to remember. Mike LaRosa

Richard, His name is Dave Nyhof and he lives in Shipshawanna (sp?)Indianna. I don’t remember the name of his company but he was there in Argos with his son Eric.I searched his name in White Pages but the number they gave is no longer in service. That is all I can help you with right now.
We don’t hear much from you lately; is your truck still running on wood?

Hello Richard ,

Do we have a new grandchild? If so congratulation !!

Wayne