2012 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 18-20

Ron & Rhonda, I hope you can fix that pool. Today would have been a good day for one. Thanks for all the work and the gift of wood. I hit 60 a few times on the way to Rochester. Ran a pretty steady 300 degrees at the cyclone outlet. I am going to reload it shortly in case it is raining when I pick up Anthony. I have had a very relaxing and cool afternoon walking from one air conditioned place to another. I needed that to give systems a break. Supposed to be 20 to 30 degrees cooler tomorrow. My system made no condensate or monorator juice on the way here. Who says you can’t burn water. We know Terry made it home now and I everyone else gets home OK too. Nice seeing so many enthusiasts !!! Mike

Thanks to Ron, and Chris, and Wayne and everyone else involved. I only had a few hours, but learned loads, got sunburned, met a lot of great folks, and hope to do it again. Now to the build!

cz

Just got home, had a good trip. Ran great on that wood of yours Ron.

I want to add my official heartfelt thanks to Ron Lemler, Ronda Lemler, the nice folks at the fairgrounds and all the fine ladies who pitched in on the food. We were well taken care of!

I will be posting the potato salad recipe shortly. :slight_smile:

I had such a good and learning time from the seasoned and the up and coming seasoned gassers, that this will be my only weekend that time flew by without my wanting to even look at a watch. When someone asks a gasser about his set up, he shifts into woodgas missionary mode and waits patiently for the next question. I finally got a ride from Mike LaRosa’s truck that had just received that nitrogen enriched fuel from Ron Lemler, and we cruised the countryside with a happy engine. I did ask about his 1977 tumbleweed fuel, but I think all those experiences just make him a woodgas encyclopedia. The guys were definitely the chunks, and the wives were the glue of this well organized fun. Thank you, and I don’t need any more vacations this year. Doug

Thanks for a great time.

I decided to come to Indiana at the last minute, and I’m sure glad I did. My dad and I had a great time and learned a lot. It was good to meet folks face to face. I know lots of people were involved in making this happen. Thanks for all the hard work.

Kyle

hey all , had a great trip and enjoyed meeting everyone, got a sun-burn but i will live, my wife enjoyed the meet up too, she took most of the photos, i did not hear one negitive word from her, she liked talking to the hens, lol. i learned a lot, and wayne answered all of my questions, so all steam ahead,

I had a great time, even though I could not stay for the whole thing. I did get to meet most of the people I wanted to and got first hand information that will help a great deal for my own build.
Everyone was great, friendly and open. Down to earth people eager to share what they had learned. The food was great and plentyful, just what it takes to warm a fat man’s heart. This was one of the best convention get togethers I have ever experienced. My thanks to Ron and Ronda for organizing this event and everyone who helped to make it happen in such a good fashion. And thanks to everyone who displayed their works and shared their knowledge.
Till we meet again.

we just got home to Maine. thanks everyone! we had a wonderful, amazing time.

OK, someone gave me a wad of cash with no name attached to it, if you know you did and I haven’t emailed you yet please contact me with the amount you gave me and your name so I can upgrade you to Premium. http://driveonwood.com/user/19/contact

If this doesn’t get a response I will make a separate thread.

Thanks to everyone involved in gathering. I had a great time meeting everyone! I am looking forward to having a vehicle to show for the next event.

Good Morning Ron and Ronda,
WOW!!! What can I say?

I would like to dido all that has been said above. You, Ronda, Kim and your entire family put a lot into this event and I truly appreciate it. Also the wife said she would always remember her 49 Th birthday and she is still smiling from the event.

I am not even going to try to list all the names to thank for bringing the event together because I know I can’t name them all.

Where else in the WORLD could I have watched a wood powered tractor working, a wood powered lawn mower doing wheelies and mowing a field.

Where else in the WORLD could I have been driving down the road in my wood burning truck and meet two other wood burners on the road and about the same time a wood burner pulls out from behind me and passes .

Where else in the WORLD could one visit an event where the host is offering a couple of years worth of his motor fuel and even help load it.

Enjoyed meeting everyone and putting the faces to the names.

Thanks again Mr. Ron, You are our hero!

Terry G. Thanks for bringing the equipment; you put a smile on my face. What a smooth ride

The younger generation seems to have very little interest in our venture, Thanks Chris for carrying the torch high and proud for that group.

Mike Larosa, We are the old farts and will have the smell of smoke as we push daisies.

If the majority of the population had the constitution and motivation of this group, the Middle East would be recognized for its camel milk exports!

Thanks again to all.

BBB/SWEM

Hello all, Just got home, no problems. Thank You to Ron and Ronda (Rhonda?). Couldn’t have been better. I felt kinda guilty only paying $20.00. My wife was worried about fitting in, Now she’s part of a group of ladies called the Gasifier girls. ( or Gassie girls?) What a group! Too much food, not enough time. Worth driving 1700 miles round trip. Thanks again to everybody for the fellowship. Hope everybody returned home safe. MikeyB

photos of the wood gas blast

The wife helped me drive all the way back home. (See let me concentrate on what I was doing)

The whole weekend was great, except one thing kind of bothered me, out of the 14 boxes of free fuel I had to bring 10 full ones back home.
So maybe next year we could do a little better after everyone else gets their conversions built :-).
Thanks everyone for all the support and help it was a pleasure to be a part of this get together.
Special thanks to all the ladies that helped Ronda with the food, just as good as the Golden Corral except Wayne forgot the cow.

I hope somebody has pictures of Wayne singing with Chris on guitar and me on the other side. I never heard him sing before and he actually sings in tune. I stayed up too late that night but it was mucho fun for me. Thanks … Mike

Hi Mike here is one that is pretty close to what you are looking for, it didnt sound too bad.

Nice little blue Snark tuner there - my wife found them on Ebay out of NY for $10 with free shipping - bought a couple for a southern gospel group we used to sing/play in…
Glad everyone had a good time at the meeting and hope we get to go some day.
Still working on charcoal down in Georgia,
William :slight_smile:

Here are the few pictures that I took. It wasn’t untill later in the day I realized Wayne was parking on the other side of the buildings.
The last photo we are loaded up and heading home.

Terry thanks for bringing your riding mower and truck down, all of the participation is what made this a success. I appreciate the help and was glad to see you again this year.^Thanks for the ride it was really smooth even if we did run out of wood :slight_smile:
I hope to see you again next year where ever we have the reunion.
Thanks Again , Keep on burning Wood!!!, Ron L