2012 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 18-20

Wayne that’s a great look! How many pounds are on the trailer and let us know if it slows you down much.
Have a safe trip.

Hi again, Talked with Wayne and Lisa a bit ago and they are staying at a “fleabag” south of Indianapolis tonight. New truck is running great. I enjoy seeing his new stuff … Mike L
He has no laptop or the such so don’t expect him to post anything at the current time …

Packing the car and chopping the last bit of wood. See y’all up there!

Chris, Will you be bringing your own violin ?? I’m a bit cramped for space with Anthony Meschke riding along so I’d just bring my good one and leave the junker here … Wayne should be up in Plymouth this afternoon (Thursday) … I hope to make Argos tomorrow afternoon (Friday) … Thanks, Mike

Chris–not necessary for quick response–We on the West Coast (myself and I am sure many others) would be interested in something here in Washington or Oregon this next meeting for the left half of the nation. I am willing to do whatever I can to help you on this end. (time and expense considered) I am sure more woodgas interested people in the group would be interested also. I bought my first parts and upgraded my welding equipment yesterday for my build. I am pumped! – Lee (have fun @ the get together–I am jealous)
P.S. I haven’t met or e-mailed Steve Unrich yet but from his posts he is very knowledgeable and only lives 117 miles from me.

I thought something died in the brush by the barn. Turned out I’ve been attacked by mice again!!(along with a hundred or so maggots). I’ll get her cleared out and be on my way tomarrow. I’m planning on getting there after 6pm with my dad.

Hi Terry, Hope my crap makes it there … It’s loaded and ready to go … Just need a night of sleep … Mike

Hi Mike, yes, I plan on taking my own fiddle, banjo and guitar.

Lee, get something going! We’re 100% behind you in spirit, but time is scarce anymore, so you will have to step up to the plate if you want it to happen. Start by feeling out who is interested in coming, plot them on a map and see where the center is, find who is closest and have the meet there, help them organize it, etc… That’s exactly how we did this one.

Great Chris, Thanks … I can make some more room in the cab now for Meschke … I have to vacuum next and put all my crap from his side in the 55 gallon locked barrel on the trailer … See you manana with the real wood one (Violin). The junker that lives in the truck is some kind of composite material but it makes that random closet violin player real happy that I have 2. ANY random closet violin players better speak up in the next hour or two … ML

we won’t be able to leave till tomorrow morning. (from Maine). holy cow, we won’t get there till after midnight. is there a gate that closes before then? what happens if we get there real late? put up a tent any old place? really looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all this stuff!

I’ll be there early to mid afternoon.
Unfortunately, the forge is a no go. I’ll just have to experiment when I get my gasifier going.
See ya’ll in the early PM.

Hi everyone here are a few quick pic from day1 of the Indiana Woodgas meeting
1 Wayne Keith
2 Chris Saenz
3 Mike Larosa
4 Terry Grzyb
5 Tom Collins and Wife all the way from Wisconson
6 Terry Grzyb, Ron Lemler and Doug Drost on the right sorry I dont know evreyone elses name

Nothing like pictures taken in the dark. See you in a couple of hours. Just loaded the hopper with cherry but am going to try to go back to sleep … yeah right … I have to find some food today … Fleabag is quiet … I unloaded a few sacks and spare tire here … Mike

Ron,
I wish to thank you, your family, and all others who worked so hard to put the event on this weekend. It was nice to meet fellow wood gassers and my wife and I had a wonderful time. I learned a lot. It was good to actually put my eyes on woodgas powered trucks as an alternative to pictures. Being able to ask questions and pick brains was priceless. Congratulations on a job well done.

Ditto on that from me too! It was priceless as well for me to, to get to pick brains and get encouraged by many to keep at my unit and get it running. I look forward to getting more help and encouragment in days ahead. I also really want to thank the ladies (and guys) as well that took care of the food and snacks. The grub was great.
David S.

Awesome event. Great group of guys showing off their creations and answering a lot of questions from us newbies.
Thanks to Ron, Ronda and all who put it together.
Phil V.

Here is one more pic of the woodgas meeting.
Rick Bates from NY
Mike LaRosa, Wisconson , with his gasifier trailer and wood processor,ingenious!!
Martin Payne Tx
Mike this is a better daylite pick :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone for sharing and to the ladies for the good food. I didnt get a picture of the red goofy wagon.

Had a great time, THANKS Ron and family for all the work and prep you put in for the reunion. I got lots of pictures and videos to help my son and myself with a build. It was a very educational experience for both of us and good to meet all the like minded people.

I would like to say I couldn’t of had a more wonderful time! Everyone was so friendly and easygoing, it was a pleasure meeting all of you!
A special thanks to Ron and Ronda for all your effort, and to Chris for getting the ball rolling!

Thank you Wayne for giving me a ride. I am proud that I could return the favor!

Looking forward to next year!

p.s. just for fun I stoked the ranger up for the last 7 miles from home. I actually was able to pull fourth gear with trailer and load! Only 45mph though.
Terry