2014 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 16-18

Hi Robin, I hope you can make it. I like the trains. I tried to head out to a horrible job at 8 AM but the truck battery was dead. Dome light switch was on. I’ll head out at 10 … I’ll be hacking at rose bushes and bleeding most of the day in the middle of no-where … I hope things are better on your end and you are healing up OK … If all goes well, see you next weekend … I got your phone message but have been going non-stop here … I did make a large deposit in the bank yesterday that balanced the money I sent to the IRS already … I get paid for my work most times … Stay well, Mike

hi Mike,
looking forward to inspecting your latest project. tick population is exploding here, just in perfect timing with the job season ramping up. hoping that the weather will be as perfect as the last time we visited Argos!

It’s a little early for a forecast, but I like what I see so far… http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/south-bend/ext

I don’t know of anyone that might be driving close by here ( Springville Al ) in route to Argos but free wood if they do .

BBB

I will be making the trip on dino will probably run across I80 to Morris then take the route of MikeL into Argos. Be kinda fun to sneak up on his six.
Send me a email if you want my number as I will be running all the way across IA

Hello All ,

I will be bringing a generator and table saw and if all goes well will be demoing them working . May wagon is full but I have a small amount of wood I can demo sawing . If anyone else would like to bring wood ( dimension lumber 2 inch or less and rounds 2-3 inches or less ) I will saw it into gasifier size for them.

BBB

Tom W, I plan to drive a 4 cylinder so will be holding up traffic somewhere … Mike

HELP I need 15 20 gal barrel top 4" or 5" lid and band. will buy thanks Hunter

Now, We can say just say several more days to go… Have to start this years packing list … Mike

Mike,
Wish I could make the trip this year but sometimes life gets in the way. Will definitely make it next year, hopefully on woodgas! Does Argos have a swimming hole to cool off in? LOL

Billy, The showers are right there at Argos so you can cool off (or warm up) anytime. There are a couple of lakes nearby but we just seem to be too busy to go to them. I’d recommend to anyone going to spend Sunday afternoon at the Indian Dunes Park … It’s really nice … I hear they rebuilt some of the facilities there and I haven’t been there in several years. You can walk east a short distance and lose the textiles for a bit . We used to plan our return trips from the east coast to spend an afternoon there. I like the lizards there. It’s semi desert. The sand is dark on the beaches. Mike

Check your lug nuts before the trip. I was appalled at how “un-tight” the right front was! No one to blame but me for that.

Just got the last of the super dry wood chunks out of the kiln,these will make some nice fuel.
There is a lot of beech and ash this year.
Some one should put together an automated bagger just dump the box into a hopper with a small elevator and a loading chute, this would make loading bags a lot faster :), or
I can just put the boxes on the back your pick up or trailer also but they still need to be scooped up to load the hoppers.
Last year we used 7 boxes of these and the first year only 4, there will probably be 15 on the truck it would be nice if I didn’t have to bring any home.

More pics of boxes and fuel

Thanks Ron, I still have a couple of half bags of your wood that made it back here from Mike Anthony’s and the Argos trips. I pretty much loaded up maple from the tree in front of the trailer for this trip. I have a half hopper of black locust with a half hopper of cherry over that in the hopper so it should dry things out good and build a good char bed. I don’t know if I’ll take off on Thursday afternoon and get a hotel in Illinois and then I can get there by lunch time and help set up or the such … I have my truck pretty much loaded … Just have to load up my 60 year old carcass and 60 year old guy’s medications and an extra violin so maybe Chris will play. Supposed to rain hail and snow here the next few days if you catch my drift. I hope it all blows over Argos. I have the windshield covered for tonight … May God bless ALL the travelers … Mike

Thanks Ron,

Wife and I plan on getting there afternoon Thursday so we can help with the setting up.

Hey Ron, make sure that I don’t have to brake down the fairground gate on Thursday morning.

Hi all thanks for all the help, we have been super busy here so any help is greatly appreciated. I havnt had time to put much preparation into this year get together but am looking forward to it.
Doug if you don’t want to break down the gate you can drive through the main entrance :slight_smile:
Ronda is planning to start setting up Thursday morn , and I will be there at latest Thursday afternoon late.
Thanks Again. Ron L.

Hello Wayne, sorry I haven’t introduced myself any sooner. My name is Conrad Lachermeier and I live at Clear Lake, MN. I have been a member since late Dec. 2013 and have been enjoying the website with all the priceless information. The wife and I will be attending the 2014 wood meet at Argos and we where wondering what is a good time to arrive on Friday?

Conrad

Thanks for you and your families hard work on getting this together Ron.
I’ll most likely get there late Thursday.
Any idea what one of the crates weigh?

Marvin