2014 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 16-18

Hello Mr. Lachermeier and welcome to the site sir.

I’m not sure one could be too early or too late but it seems most folks have been rolling in about mid morning on Fridays .

Thanks
Wayne

Hi Marvin I am glad you can make it again this year.
Just estimating a box of wood weighs around 400lbs. They hold 22- 5 gal buckets of chunks.

Thanks Wayne for the fast response and I am looking forward to meeting you and Chris and all the other great members.

Conrad

Bringing some of these LED dome lights along to share. I’m tired of running my battery down because of doors that stay open while working or showing the truck. Plus they seem to be much brighter than the stock dome lights, and no heat!

Here’s just a portion of my load…

Ya’ll want any t-shirts??

You may need another trailer

Forecast … Here’s the gummit site I use
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?map.x=96&map.y=153&site=iwx&zmx=1&zmy=1
Looks like we won’t have to deal with heat exhaustion this year … Bring a jacket and long pants :o) …
Mike

I prefer Weather Underground;

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=argos%2C+IN

UPDATE:

It still looks like chilly and wet for Thursday
Friday got slightly warmer, but could be wetter
Sat & Sun still look pretty good!

New guy here…
We will be heading out from Bull Shoals Lake (Theodosia, MO) about 4pm on Thursday. We’ll be passing through St Louis and we hope to make it to about Indianapolis before finding a place to boondock and get some rest. We will hopefully get to Argos mid morning on Friday.
Can’t wait to make new friends and learn about woodgas.
Al

The good news is they don’t weigh a lot. They do, however take up a lot of room. Put them in contractor bags to keep them clean and dry and toss 'em in the back, they should weigh enough not to blow out!

Ever consider getting a small enclosed trailer? I’m renting the 5x7 U-Haul enclosed this year, I hope to have one of my own by next year - I keep finding a need for one!

If you’re camped out by me again this year I’ll have my power breakout panel with me again. I have (3) 15A cord drops to spare so bring a power strip and an extension cord with you! Thursday & Friday night are looking like good nights to have a heater too!

My estimate of that “mountain” is about 300 lbs. No they won’t blow out. :slight_smile:

I’m using the old faithful 4x7 trailer with built up sides and a tarp cover. It holds a lot!

All packed up except for last minute items . Plan on driving about 500 miles tomorrow and overnight north of Louisville and on to Argos Thursday . We will be taking our time and calling this a vacation.

HWWT ( have wood will travel )

Welcome Al from Arkansas. I think you will have a good time and learn a lot. See you there. Everyone be safe and well, I’ll be there on Friday.

You’re ready to go! I’m getting stuff around as well. I’m taking careful inventory of the toolbox, the old girls getting on in years!

Chris,

I was thinking about what to take out at the ATM before leaving. Here’s what I have so far, please add anything I’ve forgotten and fill in the blanks

UPDATED

$20 - Raffle for a Vulcan Gasifier
$15 - Electrical Hookup (per night)
$20 - Suggested Donation towards expenses (food, fairground rental, etc)
$12 - Hats
$15 - T-Shirts

My old rule of thumb for traveling has always been take half as many clothes and twice as much money. Of course, that’s for us miserable slobs who still have to pay for gasoline . . . .

You guys enjoy yourselves and send back lots of pictures. Remember Steve. Pictures.

Long time-no post. Yes, I’m still kickin.
My youngest is in a school talent show Friday night so I plan on being there Sat. before noon. My Dad is ridding shotgun again!

I really liked your creative design, it’s always fun to see what people come up with thinking outside the box.

Unfortunately my dad can’t make it this year (prior obligations) so I’m ridin’ solo.

Alex,

In the case of the woodgasser, twice as much money is still applicable - these old trucks tend to need parts at the least convenient time or place. We cannot however have too many changes of clothes! I still don’t know how Wayne stays so clean while operating his units - must just be experience.

We should do a big group photo holding up a banner for Steve U, Terry L, Arvid and a few others who can’t make it.

Hey Henry ,

If you happen to be wearing a white shirt and tie you should have a box of diaper wipes real close . Wife said she has a box already in the truck .

https://www.google.com/search?q=diaper+wipes&rlz=1CASMAE_enUS547US547&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=KE5yU8zeGYqysQSb3IHwDw&ved=0CIcBELAE&biw=1517&bih=703&dpr=0.9

Diaper wipes are amazing, and they have alcohol in them, which we know removes soot/tar well - good call I hadn’t thought of them. Diaper wipes can clean up all sorts of messes. One time while boating I was sliced pretty good by the prop while climbing in (motor was off but I slipped) and I had to be patched up with a feminine hygene product (butterfly cut). The uses we find for things…

I had to pause from trip prep for a few moments while another thunderstorm rolls thru,…

Hey Wayne, Looks like you will have a flapping tarp behind you. Safe trip !!! I’m trying to wrap up some things here so I can roll on Thursday after lunch. Guess we’ll see. By the time I’d get my old carcass out on the road on Friday I won’t get there till late afternoon. I already know what camping spot I want :o) … God, I hope nothing breaks or blows up … I hope they have a fleabag near Kankakee … I’m tempted to just camp on the river but I might get hassled by “THE MAN” … Mike