2014 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 16-18

looking forward to seeing everyone and having a great time!
should be there Friday morning.

In Tuscola IL, headed to Rockford IL then on to Argos. About 400miles so far. Nothing like a long trip to learn the other 75% I see.

A personalized coffee mug TomW, really? I’m honored.
“What would SteveU do?”
Well . . . As a long time highway puller of an old, old Coleman tent trailer with only 8" wheels: (Wife WILL NOT let me up size wheels requiring larger cut-in wheel wells on HER tent trailer!).
For you trailer pullers I’d clean, repack and adjust trailer wheel bearings before every long trip.
And at every stop: hand feel the bearing hubs and tires. Getting HOT - slow down! These spinning at 2X to 4X the speed as the vehicle wheels!
Change out the trailer tires to something that says “Made in USA”; preferably saying GoodYear on them.
Double carry the spare wheels/tires.
Cycle the aged, take-off/worn, 4-6 ply highway tires onto one the four different wheelbarrows here.
You have bought her, HER OWN wheelbarrow(S) now haven’t you??
Personal computers, desks and wheelbarrows are NOT things to share and keep any semblance of domestic tranquility.
Have a good time you all. Hoping for good weather for you. I’ll sent a high pressure bubble kiss over your way.
Yes. Stills pictures too please for all of us really out there Rurals, insistent: KISS’ers. We the ones with the fuel woodlots. My taxes on mine in WA is $1800. USD annually whether I use it or not. Thanks much.
Regards to ALL
S.U.

Natural gas company here had their odorant injector go berzerk. I was up past midnight dealing with that nonsence. The whole house stinks like a gas leak. Same thing happened after a thunderstorm a couple of years ago. At least they admitted it was their problem but our house stinks. Tried to sleep in but the county decided to grade the shoulders in front of our house … beep beep beep … Should be rolling in a couple of hours. Mike

good advice as always Steve I’ll be pealing out soon loading up and topping off them tires with the summer highway air

Wishing I could be there… everyone have a safe trip, I’ll keep you all in my prayers for a safe journey.

Have fun guys.

Arvid,
Next year maybe you and Terry can team up and make the trek down here.

You all have a great time, really wish I could be there too!
May have to fly over in the not to distant future !
Thanks Patrick

I’ll be there in spirit.
Gonna be a real good time!
Lots O woodgas miles, and smiles on to ya all!
TerryL

I have lots of time and good connection here in Nashville. I will be reading all the posts and watching all the video’s! Thanks for posting them in advance! Herb

Hi All, I’m in a fleabag In Kankakee … See y’all around lunch time tomorrow. Mike

I’ll be monitoring your weekend via the website and will be envious that you all are there and I’m not this year. Been to Argos the last two years. Had wonderful times with wonderful people. Perhaps what I will miss the most is the musicians in the group singing “Ring of Fire” Gilmore style around the campfire at night. When that along breaks out I hope someone captures it on video and posts to YouTube. Be safe and have fun ya’ll! Hope to be back next year.

Hi all…built a fire in the truck around 4 p.m. yesterday. Drove around 40 miles. Did’nt get to bed till midnight. Got up at 5 a.m. fired right up and we now have driven 688 miles and in Indianapolis , Indiana. The truck runs great. Not one puff back in the carb area. Did loose some hair off my arm measuring to see how far down the wood was in the hopper when it lit off and flashed a little…LOL. Should be in Argo’s in the morning sometime. Hope to see everybody making it there with no problems. Who would ever thought the maiden voyage would be 750 miles one direction? The 75% is being learned in a hurry , like it or not. Checking in motel now and it is 10:00 P.M. Good night & good luck.
Gary

I got the caddy breathing smoke one year ago today, feels good doesn’t it!!!
You’re a little braver then I am takin off for a 750m drive, way to go!!!

Hope Wayne and Lisa don’t get sick (cold and wet) … Been raining here in Kankakee … hope to get another cat nap and then light off and hit the road. … Eyes are full of tree pollen …I’m almost home …M

We made it just fine to Argos, meeting a lot of nice people. Sure wish you and that caddy was here. Cold here and wet, wish the weather was nicer but still having a great time. Chris found a air leak on my intake where the hose from valve cover was supposed to be hooked up, and now it will idle fine. Took him all of a couple minutes …lol… Listened to Chris and Mike L. playing music, along with Wayne singing along. back at motel now. See you later and good night.

Gary

Tell that gasifier of yours happy birthday for me…LOL

I am completely jealous! Be sure and check the oil in case your PVC valve is letting oil past because of more vacuum, ran mine down so far it didn’t show on dipstick before I caught it, as you know run out of oil and the fun is over!!! Thanks for checking in, latter, herb

I was really excited to go to Argos this year. I have to say it exceeded any expectations I had. What a great bunch of guys. Wayne and Chris, thank you much! To all the ladies that kept us fed and the coffee on in the morning thank you! Definitely a must do next year.

Thanks to all !

Haven’t had time to read post yet .

Wife and I are about to go through Indianapolis . We have put near a thousand miles on the dakota so far.and running great.

Jim Hart and Chris have put together hours of video and hundreds of pictures . May take a while to get them all posted .

SWEM
Wayne