2015 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 29-31

2" brass gate valves might be a very popular item. Bring the truck for sure so we can get it sorted out for you.

Joseph…I will buy what ever you have.

Sounds good Gary, ill bring it

Argos shirts are here…

2 Likes

Chris will you have them for sale at Argo’s?

We did preorders only this year.

If you’ve got one on order, you can pick it up there. Otherwise there’ll be the DOW shirts, hats, gasifier girls, and some 2014s left.

If you missed the preorder cutoff, email me - I may have an extra in your size.

I need 100% cotton and a POCKET … Maybe next year … A T shirt without a pocket is like putting your boots on the wrong feet … LUV, Mikey I’ll stop there HI HI

Hey Gary, I bought 2, you can have one of mine.

weather channel says its going to be hot and stormy in Argos next weekend. However, the 10 day outlook on weather.com has been known to be wrong…

Thanks Bill…if your good with it that would be fine. Will hook up with you next weekend. Question for Joseph H…what is the tungsten carbide you have? Is it old turning inserts , or tig welding tungsten sticks?

1 Like

the carbide is 9 inch diameter, and about 5MM thick blades used for slitting corrugated board on a corrugator. Each blade weighs almost 2 pounds, and they are the sharpest thing I have ever touched!

picture here:

Is the whole thing solid carbide or just the cutting edge?

whole thing is solid. no brazed edge.

Do you know how many you have?

I will send you a PM for this :slight_smile:

I am trying to make a spare parts and tools to bring list, asking all to give there advice… So far a must have is: silicone, Tape, basic tools (screwdrivers, hammer, sockets, wrenches, adjustable wrench) multimeter, flashlight, decent jack, spare tire, rags, extra car battery (mines weak) extra fuses, zip ties

please continue the list!

Good morning Joseph .

On long trips if I want to stay clean I usually bring an old ragged coat to slip on before filling the gasifier . Wife usually brings a container of Baby Wipes .

One other item and hope not to sound paranoid about a wood burner but I keep a fire extinguisher or water on all my equipment ( gasified or not ) I even have automatic fire sprinklers in my house .

Also maybe a couple limes or lemons to suck on now and then while driving . ( to keep the face smiling muscles from being over worked )

5 Likes

Now that’s funny. Had to read that one to my wife, we both got a good laugh from that one. I am still drying wood on the wood stove. Nothing but rain and cool weather here (no sunshine in the forecast)

Ha! What Gary said - every detail except for the wood drying part :smile:
I need 100% wood stove capacity for house heating. If only there were gasified airliners. I´d soon be in Argos.

3 Likes

Hello Everyone,

I am a bioenergy educator with Michigan State University Extension. We will be hosting a Renewable Energy Camp for 13-19 yr old students the week of July 6th, 2015 in East Lansing (http://4h.msue.msu.edu/events/4_h_renewable_energy_camp).

On Friday, July 10th from 8:15am to 11:15am we hope to showcase a solar car, Chevy Volt and wood gas vehicle of some sort. Might there be a Michigander in this community interested in showcasing their woodgas vehicle that day? If so, please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks!