2015 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 29-31

That sure feeds nice

1 Like

I enjoy seeing the chunkers etc etc and damn proud too. I haven’t run my buzz saw seriously in a couple of years. I run it a few times a year to keep things from seizing up … It was great to meet wheely neal last year or the year before … I used to enjoy chopping up disks and the such but now I have enough wood to drive thousands of miles and nowhere to go with it. When I almost fell off the trailer last year trying to load a couple of sacks I realized I had better stay on the ground. The RR tracks really messed this years trailer and I was lucky to keep it together at all … Took several stops and a lot of electric fence wire to make it home … Took me 10 hours instead of 6 or 7 … It is designed to load from the ground and works fine here. I had that stupid Guillain Barre thing in July of 2013 and it mostly paralyzed my legs, elbows, and thumbs … Supposedly a 3 year recovery to partial normal … I’ve worked throughout even though I could sometimes only walk 10 feet at a crack … Sue has stuck by me … I’m glad you guys have been lucky … I feel like an old rooster in a hen house right now … The people here KICK you when you are down … God bless the America and free country I used to know. I have to go to a Village board meeting tomorrow night to defend my right to do what I do … The encroachers are expecting to force me to get rid of all this great stuff … I have 14 acres of woods yet they hassle … There may be a few that remember that we agreed to certain things 30 ago … Watch your backs … And watch for the deer ticks … Sue and I worked our butts off today surveying … Thanks, Mike

3 Likes

Here are a few more pics

2 Likes

That picture in silhouette of don lighting up, would be a great one for next years shirts!

3 Likes

If ya can’t pull off a fedora on your head, might as well have one on your back!

Line of fire

Mr. Tom’s truck .

I like it !

6 Likes

Gary Gilmore and crew .

2 Likes

My friend Jim .

Thanks for all you and Kim do . :blush:

5 Likes

Matt Ryder .

Thanks for the demos.

4 Likes

Truck huddle .

2 Likes

Coolest tiki torches I have ever seen!

1 Like

Wayne, Thanks for posting a picture with my little red truck in it … Sue wanted me to stay home with the lyme disease … I paid with lobster claws (doxycycline) … Matt, Thanks for really showing up this time … At least we don’t throw each other out of the playground anymore … Thanks, Mike
Teeth, what are those :o) I have few trying to jump out but they don’t hurt so I chew on them anyway … raspberry jam really packs things up …

kevin 55-65 no problem but need to do 65-70 to make hills and not drop speed too bad anything over 70 is down hill with a tailwind .I average 2-3 pounds per mile so ive started leaning towards harder wood less work go a lot farther.

thanks carl maybe next year I will brave the trip I have loaded 1300 pounds of rotors acrost the scales with the truck but only a few miles no 813.

thanks wayne it sounds like to achieve the numbers mentioned by you carl chris I must work on hybrid

I like the idea of smaller trucks for long trips,close too a pound a mile aint too bad on the wood refilling.a lot less wood needed too drag behind.KEEPING the temps from shooting past the max too long of a time would be the hard part.I think an automated cutback on gasifier draw would be better for me with auto hibriding at max temp cutback.THAT 300 miles for me is easy too acheave, Those wood gasers driveing 800 miles on wood is a much harder balanceing act.NICE JOB DRIVEING ON WOOD.TRUE GREEN ECONOMY, bbb SWEM.

Carl, I have to cheat every chance I get to try and keep up with you.

Ron, You take really nice pictures.

1 Like

400 mile one way trip. I used about 4 gallons of gasoline on various startups and had to run 10 miles though Louisville and 7 through Indianapolis to get to a good fill up spot and out of traffic. I used about 600 pounds of wood. My best before this trip was 35 miles to a hopper but I was getting 40-45 miles to a hopper.

On the way back on Ron’s wood I got 60 miles on the first hopper then started adding gasoline. About 75 miles to a hopper running hybrid enough to stay 55-65 mph. Used about 7-8 gallons of gasoline coming back hauling 3 crates plus enough bagged wood to get home (Thanks Mr. Ron)

3 Likes