2015 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 29-31

Hi Doug, I have used copper for lines for over 43 years and have never had a problem with them at all !!! They last longer than the trucks !!! Only problem right now is I’m over 60 and if I try to repair this myself I won’t be able to work for a week or better (have lyme again) … I can make close to a grand this week surveying and the local mechanic will be happy to make a hundred or 200 bucks to replace the lines … I’ve known him since he had diaper rash … It’s cool … C ya soon … Mike

PS, I can only access this site from the trailer house now. I ordered a phone modem so I can log on at my house or office … My older daughter ordered it for me and is mailing it … I can’t use any of my wood burning computers on this site … I don’t even know where the wifi I’m using now is coming from … M

I have been installing copper nickel lines for a year or so this is actual brake line legal and everything cost more but they say it should last . its worth asking your mechanic mike.

Brake lines are fixed … M

Maybe I got this right

Mike

Hi Paul, I started using copper tube on volkswagon beetles in the late 60’s… That rear line would always rot … Almost all the lines on my 60’s vehicles are refrigeration grade copper … The ones I just had put on my S-10 are the grey coated steel … They will probably outlast the truck (hopefully) … I hope a few folks will let me know if my video links work … Oh, BTW, I’m still my own mechanic but sometimes a job is a bit more than my senior citizen body can handle so I pass on millions of wealth to the younger guys … We have a good crew in our little town here and they need the work … Regards, Mike

hi Mike.

the first one worked, but i got “an error has occurred” on the second one. glad to see that you’re still smiling.

Both working here Mike. No sound though…

My old camera doesn’t record audio … Sorry … I had one that did but it exceeded it’s planned obsolecense and croaked … I just thought I’d post some videos before the internet disappears … Wake up … I painted all my aluminum black today and my trailer is back on the truck … People can’t resist sticking their thumbs into shiny aluminum … I have a massive dent in one tube … My brother always said we are nothing but monkeys with thumbs and car keys … I think I will get an external keyboard for this computer … I’m glad steve U didn’t smash it but it is a challenge … Mike

Touch and feel !!!
I put this sign on my trailer … Thought you “guys” might get grin out of it … Guess I have to learn how to use the GUI … sucks if you can’t read and are over 60 :o)

4 Likes

for the older, hard of seeing people you can just weld some braille on the pipe that spells out HOT! i bet they wont even get to the letter O before they realize what the sign means!

5 Likes

Joseph…are you going to stay at the fair grounds or at a near by motel? I reserved a room at the Comfort Suite in Plymouth which is only about 15 minutes from Argo’s. Hope to arrive late Thursday evening, checking out Sunday morning. I plan on leaving around 4 oclock A.M. Thursday morning. Probably take around 13 to 14 hours for me to get there. Carl Zinn, where are you staying at this year? Looking forward to seeing everybody.
Gary

Hi Gary, I think we’re at Plymouth too, I have to look at the reservation. Thursday night to Sunday AM. 2 old folks and a dog.

Joseph, I put the sign there because someone (s) (twice) stuck their thumb into my aluminum tubing. I like camping on site now. I used to stay in Rochester. I have a 4" thick foam mattress in the back of the truck and I like the trains … I generally sleep like a baby there … Mike

I like the trains too Mike. Where I grew up, we lived about a town block from the tracks.
You know they always said that a tornado sounds like a freight train. Well on those days when the sky was a really funny color, I used to hear the train and wonder if it was a tornado. Once I heard the whistle though I knew it was really a train.

Andy, I got to hear the freight train for the first time last summer … I’m slowly repairing the damage from that tornado … Fortunately it was a small one but it twisted my office building a bit and wiped out my ham radio antennas … Mike

I will be trying to book a room there too Gary. Will arrive Friday Morn/Noon. Gasifier should be fired up this week so I should have a good 25 days of learning time before the trip. Its only about 170 miles so I plan to bring around 25 13-17 pound sacks with me.

1 Like

Hey Doug @drost2you2, I see you signed up but didn’t put your family or woodgas Dakota on there. Still planning to bring them?

Hi Chris. Despite my previous intention of arriving with a mostly complete WK recipe, my unactivated insurance on this 3rd vehicle helps buy new tires for it. So I just keep moving along like that turtle versus the hare, waving to the next door neighbor at 7pm each night exiting the advanced fuel studies lab as she arrives home from her work, and I then act married by going into the house. I just have to have something better to show next year that has never been done before. It will be flammable and stationary. Won’t tell yet.