2015 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 29-31

whole thing is solid. no brazed edge.

Do you know how many you have?

I will send you a PM for this :slight_smile:

I am trying to make a spare parts and tools to bring list, asking all to give there adviceā€¦ So far a must have is: silicone, Tape, basic tools (screwdrivers, hammer, sockets, wrenches, adjustable wrench) multimeter, flashlight, decent jack, spare tire, rags, extra car battery (mines weak) extra fuses, zip ties

please continue the list!

Good morning Joseph .

On long trips if I want to stay clean I usually bring an old ragged coat to slip on before filling the gasifier . Wife usually brings a container of Baby Wipes .

One other item and hope not to sound paranoid about a wood burner but I keep a fire extinguisher or water on all my equipment ( gasified or not ) I even have automatic fire sprinklers in my house .

Also maybe a couple limes or lemons to suck on now and then while driving . ( to keep the face smiling muscles from being over worked )

5 Likes

Now thatā€™s funny. Had to read that one to my wife, we both got a good laugh from that one. I am still drying wood on the wood stove. Nothing but rain and cool weather here (no sunshine in the forecast)

Ha! What Gary said - every detail except for the wood drying part :smile:
I need 100% wood stove capacity for house heating. If only there were gasified airliners. IĀ“d soon be in Argos.

3 Likes

Hello Everyone,

I am a bioenergy educator with Michigan State University Extension. We will be hosting a Renewable Energy Camp for 13-19 yr old students the week of July 6th, 2015 in East Lansing (http://4h.msue.msu.edu/events/4_h_renewable_energy_camp).

On Friday, July 10th from 8:15am to 11:15am we hope to showcase a solar car, Chevy Volt and wood gas vehicle of some sort. Might there be a Michigander in this community interested in showcasing their woodgas vehicle that day? If so, please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Joseph, I like to take hand sanitizer (alchol) to clean hands, a roll of paper towl, and be sure the propane torch is not about empty. Also Al tape is very handy. See you next week.

1 Like

I will showcase mine, I am only about 30 mins away from east lansing, there are a few more Michiganders around this area as well.

Josephā€¦nice to have something to lay on while dumping char. I usually use 50lb. dog food sack opened up on the side and ends. Makes a nice easy to clean 3x4 mat and folds up very small.

I will be driving from Minnesota, if someone on the way wants a ride, please let me know. I can travel through WI or down through Iowa and over.

3 Likes

Bill you are a good guy, always willing to help. God bless you

7 Likes

Thanks for the kind words Al.
This is such a great event I wouldnā€™t want anyone to miss it for any reason if they have time to go.
Iā€™ve attended two wood gas events since my membership on DOW, I have never met such a great bunch of people.

I hope to make one soon, after this hip surgery ever thing is kinda on hold. I hope we have one this fall, should be able to make it. I think I found a good donor truck for my slide in , find out next week. Al

1 Like

Joseph, also donā€™t forget some containers to catch and store the condensate drains in. you will be surprised at how much you will accumulate. I had nothing last trip to Argoā€™s and would have to try and find a car wash to drain mine into, or a dirt road. Also nice to have something to put down on the ground that you can pull out with the dumped char on so it can be placed in a container.

I just look for a car wash, put in $1.00 and let erā€™ go. Camper dump station will work as well.

good idea Carl, I like it.

I am hoping that there will be a way to lift my firetube assembly out at Argos so I can replace the seal on my lower drum! I put a rubber one in and that was a big mistake on my part! I am hoping it will make the 170 mile trip before it gives way to the point where the system is un-runnable. I want to change it out at Argos before i head back home. What a great place to do it! I have all the straps and rigging supplies, just need some muscle or a machine to do the grunt work.

1 Like

Bring a come-along, we can find an rafter somewhere and lift it up. Ron Lemler is also bringing his tractor with front end loader, which may be able to lift it up high enough.