2015 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 29-31

Ten day weather for Argos:

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/US/IN/Argos.html

Chris, good thing they are calling for rain because if they were saying the sun will shine 100% it would be all rain.

Anyhow when I get there give me a shopping list and Iā€™ll fetch some food. I have a supply of paper plates if that helps anyā€¦

Jeff

Hi guys, I was loading up the tractor today to go plow a garden and grade some roads. Should much preferred to be loading up for Argos. Too far and a border inn between. Have fun, post lots of pictures and video.
David Baillie

1 Like

I hear ya brotherā€¦ wish I was going too

Looking forward to seeing you all again . If anyone will be traveling through northwest Wisconsin and needs wood I will gladly donate all you can haul. I will be there sometime on Friday unfortunately I will not have a wood burner again this year but it is still in the works.

I got an email from comfort in today saying that they are unable to accept my reservation for my stayā€¦ Not sure why yet but I payed for it a while ago. The email was from Expedia. Nothing like this last minute.

That blows. Can you camp at the fairgrounds, or does that not sound appealing to you and your spouse?

Last minute stuff is the worstā€¦ I just ordered a new hopper TC gauge, as mine died today. Thank goodness for Amazon and one-day shipping. Bad timing!!

Joseph I just happened to call and confirm my reservations at the comfort suite today. After reading your post I called them and said I had a friend looking for a room for Friday and sat. he said they had rooms available. You might check it out. there #574-540-2764ā€¦good luck Wasnā€™t sure on the # of days so I asked for Friday and sat.

Also joseph check online from someone like expedia for a price at the comfort suiteā€¦ they matched the price for me when I reserved my room when I called and reserved my rooms at the motel.

Wife is all excited about the vacation and wood gas gathering and was anxious to give the Ram a real good bath . ( first bath it has had )

Looks good to me but the boy will not like it. He says anyone that drives a 4WD truck to school without a layer of mud on it is suspected of being queer

The wife has already packed up all kind of clothes , sleeping and camping gear , tent, canopy ect,ect . I had to check the house to make sure the kitchen sink, stove and refrigerator was still in place .

The Ole Ram is even sitting around here snorting smoke and fire wanting to head out . Iā€™m kinda excited also with a big ole grin and had to take a hit off my lemon to straighten my face back out :relaxed:

8 Likes

Gary,

Thanks for the info. The Expedia guy insisted there were no rooms available, and I made him call to be sure. Not sure what happened here, I booked it about a month ago. Anyways They transferred me to the Hampton in Warsaw, which is about 30 mins from Argosā€¦ They covered the price difference. Weā€™ll see. I have been schistered by companies that outsource their customer service to foreign countries before. Tried to take the truck to work today but couldnt get strong enough gas so I had to swap vehicles and take the Nissan as I was running short on time :frowning:

What time are you guys planning on arriving Friday?

Joseph did you call the number I posted for the comfort suite? We stayed in Warsaw last year, pretty good drive to and from. If I remember right you was staying at the comfort Inn, is that correct?

yah I was. I did not call them but Expedia did, as they are the ones who I used to book through. Its alright, got a little upgrade for free I guess. Itā€™s not like driving cost me anything anyways. :smile: Just a little irritating since I booked this May 1st. What gives? They must of had someone more important take my suite and push me aside LOL

Looking Wayne, I thought about washing mine, but it rained all day, and looks like all week so I guess not.

Hereā€™s the proposed schedule. Any changes or suggestions, make them quickā€¦ Iā€™ll print a bunch of these to pass out on site.

###Thursday: Prep and setup
(All day) Come on by if you want to help us set things up!

###Friday
(All day) Register please, donations accepted
(All day) Firetube drawing - enter to win!
(All day) Woodgas truck rides

10:00a Set up your camp
11:00a Meet & greet
12:00p LUNCH
12:30p: Orientation & announcements
2:00p Wood chunker demos
3:00p 101 sessions (see board)
4:00p Small engine showcase
5:00p Charcoal presentation
6:00p: SUPPER
(Dusk): Flare off gasifiers
10:00p: Campfire

###Saturday

(All day) Register please, donations accepted
(All day) Firetube drawing - enter to win!
(All day) Woodgas truck rides
(All day) Charcoal making w/ Gary Gilmore

10:00a Wood Chunker demos
11:00a 101 sessions (see board)
12:00p LUNCH
12:30p Announcements & Firetube Drawing
1:00p Woodgas trucks showcase
2:00p Woodgas Parade
2:30p Truck Lineup, photos
4:00p Q&A session
6:00p SUPPER
9:00p Campfire

###Sunday: Pack up & head home
Hang out as long as you likeā€¦
Hope to see you next year!

3 Likes

Most of my, hmmmm, stuff is loaded and strapped down. I learned today that the trailer should be hitched to the car before loading the Horseā€¦ Well after backing about half way the trailer turned into a nice dump trailer and all the stuff loaded slid out into the drive wayā€¦ sweetā€¦ Oh wellā€¦ now I know what to do when I get to Argos. Only room for one tractor. Maybe next year I can get two on.

Thatā€™s the good news. The bad news is that the canola oil must have taken itā€™s toll on my engine. Today she started to smoke when it comes off idleā€¦!! Pretty good too. Sure didnā€™t lack for power. And I just changed the oil to boot. I thought about swapping the engine out but time is a problem now! Pooh. I did load a spare engine so I can do it at Argos if it totaly dies. After I shut it down for the day I noticed that it was over filled. Soaked up three or four rags and a puddle on the trailer floor when I opened the fill plug. I wonder if that could make it smoke. I will not know until I unload at Argos.

I hope things go better for everybody else going to Argos.

See yah,
Jeff

Overfilling will make it smoke. :slight_smile:

Also I learned last weekend, if you tip lawnmowers over to get to the blade, oil can run into the air filter. If you donā€™t clean all the oil out of the air filter it will get sucked in and smoke too.

The other things I learned was they also make a blade holder, that just uses nubs to hold on the blade. If you try to use it like Henryā€™s prototype chunker, or you try to chunk rocks, curbs, etc too often the nubs shear off. You can weld dots on to replace the nubs, but if you donā€™t balance it, it is enough to make the whole mower wobble. :slight_smile:

Thanks Sean, I hope thatā€™s the problemā€¦

Jeff