2018 Argos reports and pictures

having to use computer when i try to log in i get a unknown error on my samsung moble device and thanks for the response Wayne it is always good see you and Lisa and sometime we all fail to mention how none of this would be possible without the large part you have play in the whole WG movement THANKS FROM ALL OF US

3 Likes

The pictures were great !! Thanks a bunch Mr. Mike .

2 Likes

Every meet-up has been great, but this last one was tops. I know that when I learned that Koen was going to try to make it I decided that I would try also. When I noticed that Gary Gilmore and you were likely to be there I started to realize that this was not going to be ordinary. And I met so many others I hadn’t met before I began to realize that this group was actually much larger -and amazing- that I even had a clue about. I hope that someday we have a gathering that every DOW member says”ok, I have to be there this year!”

I think of it as DOW University, and it only meets for a few days a year, and all the students are some of the most interesting and creative people in America. (And with Koen’s Visit, the University just went international). I have no doubt that everyone there is “on a mission from God” and who knows really how far all this will go, but God is really in all this I have no doubt, and whatever His long-range Plan is, it will not fail… and speaking of God, did you notice all the wonderful servant/angels He provided to feed us and clean up? I pray that He will bless each one of those wonderful ladies and Mike and Ron too.

Oh, and Bruce (and anyone else from DOW passing near) the invitation to visit is still on. June through September is the best time to visit the beautiful state of Maine. But if snow is your thing, feel welcome the rest of the year too.

4 Likes

Here is the first episode of Koen’s Q&A Talk, These clips are 28-29 minutes long, so there are 3. The audio is a bit muddy, so headphones or earbuds help. The other parts will be uploaded soon.

7 Likes

Thanks for capturing the discussion. Unfortunately I had to leave before Koen’s Q & A.

So we farm solar powered “devices” (e.g. trees or bamboo) that take CO2 from the atmosphere and become biomass fuel to run automobiles. So every mile that we drive on biomass, instead of on fossil fuel, lessens the amount of CO2 that would otherwise be in the atmosphere? Is it so only as long as the biomass is sustainably farmed? Is there a net reduction in atmospheric CO2, or only a slowing of the increase in atmospheric CO2 resulting from burning fossil fuels?

Given that CO2 is released by farming biomass, processing biomass into useable fuel and by running ICE powered automobiles on biomass, what weight of bamboo or wood (air dried to 20% moisture) would need to be gasified to deliver a net reduction of one ton atmospheric CO2?

3 Likes

I can’t do the math, but if you use wood/ charcoal to run your “farming” and fuel processing equipment, you are at least leaving the petroleum (sequestered carbon) in the ground for future generations. Your carbons are short cycling instead of thousands [millions] of years cycles. If you are using/ converting waste wood that might be open burned in large piles, you are reducing air pollution as well. You never get something for nothing, no FREE!! energy, just using what you have frugally. Trees/bamboo and all plants clean the air, use CO2 and give off oxygen for us to breathe. The farming part is not as machine dependent as field crops like corn. If it is only a slowing of the increase of CO2, that would be something better than we have now. I don’t really want to have this discussion in the reports and pictures topic, maybe another day in a more appropriate place.

7 Likes

Here is part 2 of the Koen van Looken Q&A Talk. I haven’t QC’ed it yet, but here it is.

5 Likes

Sorry i missed all the fun, If you guys need ram pump ideas i built one three years ago and it pumped all my water ever since. They are truly fantastic pumps.

4 Likes

Here is the end of the presentation by Koen:

2 Likes

Amazing Ron Lemler wood chunks

I put on about 30 miles today using wood chunks from Argos. Truck ran great and would cruise at 55 MPH which is about 10 MPH faster than when I use my NW Douglas fir.
I was also surprised that my hopper drain collected about the normal amount of condensate, now I wish I would have tested the MC but really who cares

So thanks again Ron for the super fuel.

7 Likes

I havent yet looked at all the videos but so far the content is wery interasting. Hat off for your English Koen, wery smooth and understandable, wery litle dialect. Hope to meed you guys in person someday.

7 Likes

What Kristijan said. Maybe next year.

7 Likes

Yes,Yes,Yes. Kristijan. I would like to meet you too.
Bob

6 Likes

Yes, Yes, Yes, again, Jan-Ola. I would like to meet you also.
Bob

7 Likes

Lets hope that Koen has started something with this international participation. Would love to meet all of you.

10 Likes

I’m not categorical, but I think I’m coming with my son who speaks perfect English, to your project rally, next year, and with a desire to meet you all

15 Likes

With all the responds from people from the other sides of the ponds and here in the North, and South America. It seems next year 2019 Argos DOW Event is going to be an event you do not want to miss out on. Start a Argos fund, and plan ahead.
I liked the the June date for Argos, especially for traveling, no snow on any of the mountain highway passes. Out west we have gotten snow in May on the higher pass roads. The weather at Argos was great. A little rain when setting up the tent, but other than that, the weather was beautiful and great.
The event is well worth the time traveling and monies spent.
I’m still trying to sort out in my head everything I learned and saw at the Argos event. It is mind boggling what people can do when they cook wood down and release the gases from it.
I did not see one gasifier that was exactly the same. They all did the same thing, making wood gases.
All the other inventions people built and brought were amazing also.
“Don’t put it off another year. You will just be a year older when you do get there.”
It’s always good to plan ahead and set goals. For me it is Lord Willing in Jesus Name.
Bob

5 Likes

Bruce along time ago someone told me half the mass of a tree is in the roots. I have never dug them all up to see if this is true or not. But to your question yes the biomass needs to be sustainably harvested. But I always figure the roots and carbon which is left over in the form of tar or whatever you get that is cleaned out of a gasifer is all net positive carbon removed from the atmosphere. At the end of the day even if you only count it as carbon neutral it is a huge improvement. Especially for those of us who have the wood on our land and can harvest it ourselves. I was just thinking of a comment Wayne made in one of his videos I watched about a year ago. It was along the lines of once the tree dies the wood will release the CO2 anyway the question with wood gasification is simply do we use that carbon to do useful work first or simply let it rot away.

6 Likes

Hey Dan, While I’m not one who believes that we need less co2 in the atmosphere, I think the theory is that if you use carbon that is already in the atmospheric cycle (in the form of trees) then you are not adding more carbon ( so called sequestered carbon) to that cycle from the petroleum reserves. If I understand Wayne correctly, using the logic from that theory, he gets down the road basically on sunshine alone…

5 Likes

Here is another (Long!) video: Friday Flaring!

Enjoy! :grin:

9 Likes