2024 Kentucky Woodgas Meetup

I guess it’s like that. Dakota been doing good i thought, driving it to work every day. On gas because work is only 5 miles one way. Now when i really want to go somewhere it throws a fit.

5 Likes

Were not forced to leave on Saturday. We can clean and pack on sunday

8 Likes

Alrighty. Got the community building opened up.

9 Likes

Saenz family, rolling out.

13 Likes

Wish l culd be joining you guys but at least l thod l wuld bring out the old DOW hat for the next job lm going on. Im with you in spirit :wink:

26 Likes

Pleasant surprise, they’ve built a really nice playground here since those pictures were taken earlier in this thread. Enjoying a cool morning here after breakfast. Several wood gas trucks already.

23 Likes

Wish I was there!!! I so wanted to reconnect with you guys.

GC

16 Likes

I certainly wanted to meet up this year as well,Turning 65 this month, i am in the process of figuring out how much i pay for medicaid medicare, short on both funds and time this june, next year i should be able, lord willing, i hope to make it ware ever it might be, thanks for posting the visit when get time,GOD BLESS.

17 Likes

Looks like Jacob is there already :slightly_smiling_face:
Wish I could have made it this year

14 Likes

I would also like to join you at the meeting, well, if that were the case, I fired up the gasifier on the Fergi this morning and sawed wood with the Villager electric saw, then with the circular saw and ran the wood splitter, …
I wish you to have a good time. :grinning:

21 Likes

Susan and I were their earlier in the week but we hand to leave abruptly because I got sick was looking forward to it too. Well maybe next time.

13 Likes

Yeah I was sorry to hear that. Hope to see you next time we missed seeing you here.

8 Likes

Thanks Jakob yeah it was along 1000 miles home because between all the bug bites (noseeum) from staying in Mississippi along the Natchez trace and Susan getting what ever I have too it is good to be home and resting now. hopefully this is not starting at trend with me this two times now.

9 Likes

I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to make it back up early enough to say goodbye to everyone this morning. But the time I was able to finally get away from the house it seems like everyone already headed out.

13 Likes

Playing with fire . Whitley City Saturday night

22 Likes

we made it home and unloaded without incident.
My truck sitting int he driveway on a trailer when we got in. Transmission quit on the way up and we had a friend bring us another truck and take this one home for us. Now we’ll have to figure out what’s wrong with it.

Thanks to everyone for the efforts.

Billy

PS, missed seeing a lot of you guys.

25 Likes

I am so glad l had a chance to come by Friday night to spend time with old and new friends I brought a few sawdust stoves to show next year hope to have wife back on her feet l know it’s going to be a long road but with GODS help we will get through it all.Dan

25 Likes

Thank you Thomas and all the good folks that helped with the get together . I really enjoyed the event and saw places in KY and TN I have never seen before.

While packing up at home I tried to estimate my fuel wood so that I would run out just before I got home . ( years past I have been hauling too much back home .)

The round trip was 615 miles. On the way back I filled the hopper before leaving camp and two more fuelings before home . The last fueling traveling home I used all the wood and was 150 miles from home . This is kinda what I had planed so I could experiment hybirding the last 150 miles. The last hopper should have run me about 75-80 miles before running out. Being on the big road ( interstate ) made it very easy to hybrid. I played and controlled the wood gas /gasoline ratio to where I ran out of fuel just as we reached home. .

Thanks again Kentucky group :slightly_smiling_face:

24 Likes

For anyone who was wanting to attend this year, please try and make it a priority for next. @TheIrishEngineer located a nice facility with very accommodating hosts, the food was wonderful as always…thank you Rhonda and crew, I need to learn to eat that well at home, to @BillyAlabama for bringing, and continually repopping, the craziest corn popper I’ve ever seen, to @Chris for ordering shirts and leading the sing along, to @Ron_L who was kind enough to give me a jump, so I’m not the only one still there, and of course @Wayne for developing the WK gasifier and sharing his revolutionary design with us. Also my apologies to the other organizers who I am failing to mention, I know there are many more.

Wood gas certainly attracts some wonderful people.

19 Likes

Thanks to everyones feedback. I seem to have a seizable list of things I want to try accomplishing by next meetup. But that’s not a bad thing. Busy hands keep the mind active

22 Likes