2024 Kentucky Woodgas Meetup

Just a reminder. You better put your harem of chicks on double laying duty. I heard through the grapevine, there was a flare fried egg contest this year where the winner gets a free lunch (2 slices of toasted bread and a packet of Arby’s Horsey Sauce.)

10 Likes

It honestly feels a little surreal. doesnt feel like its been a year already.

5 Likes

Ill swing by my local sign shop and see if i can throw something together so everyone can see a sign at least so they dont have to worry about getting lost

12 Likes

Thomas thank you for your hard work helping to secure a new place for the DOW Meetups! I won’t be able to make it this year due to saving my funds and PTO but I hope to see you next year God Willing and knock on wood.

11 Likes

I’d hoped to make it this year. The campground looked gear. I’d hoped to be able to include Mary in the trip. Alas, I’m swamped with the work involved with the plant cleanup.

10 Likes

19 Likes

Managed to find a sign maker local that was able to get them done with plenty of time. For context on the first sign, the event location is 4.5 miles from the highway (according to Google)

15 Likes

Thanks for all your work Thomas. I only got to visit with you a little bit on Sunday last year and was looking forward to getting to know you more this year, but looks like I will have to wait until next year.

GC

8 Likes

Signs look very professional. Good job. Thanks for all you have done.

10 Likes

Thanks Thomas ! Great job :grinning:

10 Likes

Uploading: IMG_0591.jpeg…Processing: IMG_0591.jpeg…

1 Like

Getting the dakota packed up and ready to head out to Whitley City KY :grinning:

19 Likes

Have fun this year! So bummed I cant make it. But june is so busy with three of the kids birthdays this month and a grad this year too.

Look forward to reading about it though, and hopping for lots of pics!

12 Likes

Im going to set the signs out in the morning, but anyone that is coming early is welcome to shoot me a text if they need help getting there. just shoot me a pm and ill do anything i can to help

12 Likes

Well, left this morning and all going good till first stop about 130 miles. Bathroom break and gas. Went to backup, no reverse. Check fluid and linkage, good. Check internet, looks like reverse band or sevo. If it was my old chevy pickup I’d keep going butnot that familiar with dodge. I guess I’m turning around and heading back home to regroup.

8 Likes

So sorry Randy

You will be missed :slightly_frowning_face:

7 Likes

Hopefully it’s nothing serious and may still make it.

10 Likes

Sorry Randy. I picked up a '92 last fall and it’s been running like a top. And this week, of all weeks, a U joint went bad. I’m going to bring the minivan instead.

8 Likes

Apologies if this was posted above, but what time on Thursday are things getting started? I imagine for most, myself included, it will be primary be a day of travel.

4 Likes

Thursday is primarily a day for us to set things up, the real event starts Friday. So if you get there Thursday afternoon or evening, that will be perfect. Or early Friday is fine too.

8 Likes