A new engine to rebuild for charcoal gasifier

Hi Jim,

This one would need about 50Lbs charcoal per hour, prototyping for generating electric.

About 50 Kwh

Building a new ECU for it, automatic adjustment of the AFR and so on

I have 3 of these ( isuzu 6BG1 )to play with and a few bigger to think of ( 3 RR engines 8 straight and 1 CAT V12 )

This mixture setup comes with its own questions as: how to position the butterfly valves towards the gas inlet and so on… But i can modify and learn with this setup.

4 Likes

That is alot off charcoal. How do you plan to process the charcoal at that rate.

1 Like

Hi Jim,

The setup is, to build a plantation, school, all in one education center, currently building the new shop already.

showing and working with a charcoaling line, able to turn 100Kg raw bamboo into useable fuel , subsequently turning that into energy with a / mine charcoal gasifier / generator set.

The drum system can handle that, or should be able :grin:

Therefore all the tests and setups in all my postings…

after that, copy build this educational program all over other provinces / places

4 Likes

I wish I had all the help you do for fuel processing. That is what it takes to make it possible I guess. How much drying does bamboo take before making charcoal? How much of the waist heat do you use? I am trying to incorporate as many functions as possible to make it feasible to do alone in my home and garden.

3 Likes

You may be doing a speed reduction, not sure exactly what you are doing. However i’ve seen where a farmer used an old tire to make a flexible shaft coupling for an irigation pump. http://www.universaldelhi.org/flexible-tyre-type-coupling.html
Beste,
Rindert