KIMG0276
KIMG0280
KIMG0282
KIMG0284
KIMG0293

14 Likes

Jakob , Do yall ever sleep ?

11 Likes

Wayne, I was thinking on coming down some day and visit you all in your part of the country. If I do I better stop by your place first. And may be think of stopping by the Norths after that. I am sure the North family only sleeps a couple hours a week between them all. Hard working people for sure, and God Blessing them all the way.
Bob

10 Likes

Not as much as we would like. but we have been under a deadline so we are pushing for a while.
I was able to spend a couple days cleaning up my place some.
KIMG0150

KIMG0154

KIMG0160
KIMG0164
I tore out and processed some tongue and groove pine out of a few rooms.
KIMG0207
KIMG0208
I have since burnt another old barn on it but forgot to take pictures.

9 Likes

Not lately. SNORE!.
I’m going back out now to work another round before bedtime.

9 Likes

Billy, I have a lot of respect for working people, it’s a special joy to see a family working together. You are building a nice homestead,… :+1: :wave:

11 Likes

Well, we made it this far at least. The new classroom. First program starts today in a couple hours. A group from Milligan University and

Georgia tech.

10 Likes

12 Likes

19 Likes

Wow I would want to go to classes there. Beautiful and nice place you have built. Congrulations you all.
Bob

10 Likes

Hmm seems its time to atend one of your classes again… when is the next Europe expedition to the US?

10 Likes

We would love to have you K

9 Likes

When do we start? Mon morning 7am? What’s for lunch? :smile:

14 Likes

I see you too are eager to get away from the cold and slippery stuff :smile:

11 Likes

Yeah, how did you know? We’ve had thaw and then freezing again. Everywhere is like a skating rink. Also, I wouldn’t mind some sunlight and get rid of my long-johns :smile:

13 Likes

Because we are in the same shit :smile: we got a real winter after many years. Over 2 feet of snow thats here to stay. In a way lm glad, nature needed this. The dry winters we had lately started to show with water reserves, many springs got dry.

15 Likes

Consider all the snow a blessing of water on the land for this year. When you live in a aired dry places where I live it is all good for the plant life to grow. Oh yes I am looking foreward to spring with the rains that it will bring too.
Bob

8 Likes

Hello Guys
I am working on a charcoal gasifier to power a 6.5 hp (212 cc) engine from harbor freight.
I am basically copying Kristijans BCS build.
I built it for four nozzles. At this point i have them drilled out to 5/16 (8mm).
Is that big enough?
It that enough air coming in?

Also I plan to put a solid grate in it.
Should the grate be all the way up on the bottom of the firetube or should it have a gap for char to slip passed like in a WK?
@KristijanL @Tone @Matt

I will try to post pictures and videos later.

11 Likes

Yeah thats about right for air intake.

I have a 4 inch chamber under the grate for char bed servicing and clean out. Ive added a door to access this grate and simply pull it back to allow packed char down and then shove it back in. Then you drag out what dropped out into the chamber and it should be back to free breathing again.

11 Likes

My bcs is 470cc and l got 5 6mm nozzles so you are good there.

I got a rebar grate just welded on the bottom, fixed. No char sliped. Eventualy it needs a good poking but those litle engines burn so litle fuel and with charcoal you dont need to worry about the charbed so just poke the hell out of it every few hours and youre good.

13 Likes