ADAPTech Projects

impressive, jakob, the load…all the marvellous scrap, also stainless…seeing the trailer, it is clear god helped you to arrive at home…
till the time a little scrapyard was here some kilometers distance, my son goes always there with the bicycle, and returns by foot, because the bicycle was always completely overloaded, scrap pieces everywhere fixed on the bicycle with cords…

13 Likes

Real man have big trailers and everything is bigger in America. How big are you Jakob? Grown a lot since your last trip :grinning::ok_hand:. Wow what a voyage. And just between the soup and potatoes. Like it is nothing. What an experience. :grin:

6 Likes

I can confirm that Jakob is what we refer to in the South as “Cornbread Biscuit Fed” or what others may call “Burly”.

7 Likes

I’m about 6’
245 lbs

I have noticed that mist of the world doesn’t use trailers like we do. and the mid west and west coast uses much bigger trailers than we tend to on the east side.

10 Likes

:grinning::grinning::grinning: big enough to drive a trailer like that. And yes we dont have trailers like that and you wouldnt get far with it. No problem with police? Most of the time I am lucky with those guys but you were really pushing it. Cool. Just do it. How many miles was your trip? Remember I live in a country were you can drive two maybe three hours and hit a border.:grinning:

6 Likes

Same here. I dubt Jakob wuld make 10 miles here before being pulled over and stripped off for a couple of hundred euros.

7 Likes

No problems with the police. but quite frankly I am surprised that they left me alone. it was about 2700 miles one way. that is really close to coast to coast for us.

11 Likes

God works in wonderful ways for you Jakob, you must have been driving in invisible mode for 2700 miles. I call it God Speed.

11 Likes

Pfoe, 1000 miles is ok, 1500 is far. Double that is real far, cape to cape in Europe is what you travelled. :smiley: cool, and not even 20 years old!

9 Likes

Wow it has been a while. I am very far behind on this forum.
I have had a lot going on lots of work and projects happening.

back in the first of June I had a bad day with this. I bought the truck about a month before. I had just put a clutch and starter in it. this was the first load I hauled with it.

So bye bye dump truck.

I bought a couple acres back over Thanksgiving time.

it has two junk hoses on it and a big giant mess. so I spent a couple weeks when I wasn’t at work cleaning it up.
I had more equipment in that job than any I have ever done.

2 skis stees
1 crane truck.
2 dozers
1 trackhoe.
and a stack of trailers.
that much equipment made that job much easier.

Uploading: KIMG1560.JPG…

13 Likes

did the hinge pins fail the box rotten the cylinder collapse a cross member break? what happened?? or just overloaded and got wonky on the way up? and are you alright? no damage to you right??

10 Likes

I bought it in Mississippi from a soybean farmer. they said they used to haul 50,000 lbs of soybeans on it. I drove it home tuned it up and I took it out to haul dirt about 3 miles from the house. I loaded I guessed about 50,000 lbs of dirt. I was loading from the left side so it was a little heavy left. I pulled out of there and hit the first hill and what was left of the clutch peeled out of it. it sat there on the edge of a driveway till we were able to get the clutch rebuilt. because I couldn’t drag it with my friend’s 2030 JD and my skid steer.
Dad and Jesse put the clutch back in it while I was out of town and it made it out driveway and there is a small ditch to drive through. and when the truck twisted the clutch linkage came out. I got that put back together later that week but the starter quit. so it two weeks to get a starter.
so for about 5 weeks it sat loaded leaning left and got rained on a bunch so it was really heavy left. we went to dump it and it immediately started twisting so I went and my uncle’s crane and pulled in beside it and helped hold the bed from twisting while Dad raised the bed. we got it most of the way up. I was driving the crane dad was in the dump truck. when the dirt broke loose it rocked the bed and it didn’t get light enough fast enough and the chain hooked to the crane broke. it was kinda slow motion after that. it kinda danced for a moment. I yelled at Dad that it was about to go. and I started praying that it wouldn’t smash the crane when it fell. Dad braced himself and it layed down. it missed the hood of the crane by 2 inches. so yeah everyone is good it just kinda sucks.

I am uploading more pics its just slow.

15 Likes

9 Likes

I had help a couple different days.

13 Likes

we painted the sawmill and built a sawmill shed out of the trailer frame I pulled back from Oregon but I don’t have any pictures of that in my phone.

We sold the ice business in June so I’m not doing that anymore.But a couple weeks ago I did go help set the ice truck back up for the new owner.

no one was hurt except a bruise where he landed on the gear shifter. basically someone passed him then stopped in front of him. it was either go to the ditch or plow 7 cars. it was empty so we were able to get it stood up and drove it home. although it is totalled.

9 Likes

11 Likes

We also have basically finished our classroom this summer there is a little more plumbing to do.

this the best picture I have of the room mostly finished.

we built a septic system. it didn’t cost us anything except diesel fuel. and a can of pipe glue.
the concrete and the block came from my property. the steel pans came from there as well. the pipe is stuff we have collected for years.

11 Likes

“quit” or “slow” just is not in your vocabulary is it?

9 Likes

I am also working on another prototype charcoal gasifier
for the boat project. I don’t have pictures with me. I am on vacation now I am going a trip to a church revival in PA for my birthday. but when I get home I’m going to need some design help.

here is one more I found.

11 Likes

something else y’all might find interesting
I usually build the portable storage sheds for work. but my boss is short handed on the cabin crew so have been building these log cabins for the past few weeks. it is different than metal barns but this working out in the sun when it’s 105 F and has a heat index over 150 F sometimes is making me happy to go back to the shop and work in the shade.

14 Likes