Air Carbon Fuel Cell

Made it back from Cleveland. Hate to say it but no good news. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

After seeing the world more clearly I really feel blessed that I never had children and it’s better that I never became married, it would break my heat to leave a loving spouse.

I am happy to have the ACFC to keep my mind going in the positive direction, not to mention all those other forestry items of interest.

Thanks for reading my stuff ! ! !

:sunglasses:

7 Likes

So sad to hear your news, but glad you are willing to share the ups and downs with us on DOW. Keeping us informed about your trial is binding us together, shaping our community and helping me do some necessary soul searching. Thanks for being our brother.

8 Likes

:pray::pray::pray:. For you Plus 20 characters

6 Likes

This frog pond scheme was something I posted on another topic here on DOW. I should add that most people, if not all, don’t like my pond because it is too shallow for a fish pond not to mention weedy to the max. I would venture a guess that through the eyes a of a frog it is heaven. This summer about every other day I would get a bucket of water for my pumpkins. All the frogs but one would jump into the water as soon as they detected me. But, there was one frog that would stay and watch me as I fetch my bucket of water. At least he or she looked like the same frog.

I’ve been working on this crazy idea of frog ponds. We like our super markets feed by super farms. All the land tends to be read or used as one continues plot. In my area of the world I can not see that. I see dry spots here and there and lookie there is a wet spot.

The plan that I started was to make the wet spots into what I call a frog pond, I have one so far. Yes, frogs and salamanders love this (me to). I have room for one below this first frog pond. So the spillage from pond one would feed pond number two. I also have other places for these frog ponds.

Maybe some trees to slow evaporation and produce leaf compost. This pond grows a lot of water plants and sediment that would be normally lost. The plan is to harvest some of this pond sediment to make my own soil for raised bed gardens. However these water plants can be poisonous to land plants so the pond sediment would need to be composted along with grass, weeds and leaf matter.

7 Likes

You might be able to grow wild rice in a pond like that, so long as the seed doesn’t freeze on the bottom.

Ponds are natural collection points for phosphate, particularly the ones that have been around for centuries or millenia, so collecting the muck from there to use as fertilizer makes good sense, keep the nutrients in circulation.

6 Likes

Jeff,

I don’t know what to say or even how to start saying something wise…

Stay with us as long as it goes… Build your stuff , we will enjoy to see the results…
On this side of the globe, we keep praying…

13 Likes

Thanks Koen and Garry!

Working on making a youTube video of this new version of the ACFC. For Christmas I received a present in the form of a drone. The drone has a Go-Pro clone camera that will be put to good use, I hope!

DOW means a lot to me because of the members. Feel good to focus, it always has.

9 Likes

Below is the first video. Let me know how the sound is, it seems lacking to me. Maybe I need to invest in a fangled Go-Pro camera???

Some interesting information from this New York forester:

9 Likes

I can hear and understand very well. Thanks for the step by step instructions and tips.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feed back, Bruce!

I am intrigued with the idea of making or should I say casting bread in the ACFC for insulation. The trick is to protect the working surface.

On the trail of Wonder Bread:

4 Likes

Below is update number two:

Here is an iron battery build:

And his main video page for people interested in making iron batteries:

5 Likes

Hi Jeff,
From a math, chemistry, science nut thanks for the post. For my tenth birthday
my dad got me a Gilbert chemistry set. Man, I was amazed and hooked!
Pepe

1 Like

Hi Pepe,

Here is the one I’m interested in. More slanted to charcoal. Hour plus video but the end is more interesting.

His video collection:

I wonder if this battery is worth getting?

And for our entertainment:

Of course we all know what fossil fuels are but I do not recall our fuels referred to as “Solar Fuels”. I think solar fuel is a good way to explain our type of fuel, better than renewable.

6 Likes

Ha, different video but same guy, same tractor I posted the other day :smile:

3 Likes

Your “stuff” and your builds are epic. Thank you for sharing it all. Lots of folks are praying for better days for you.

5 Likes

Exactly. Solar-fuel. How I heat my house for 250 days of the year. One wheelbarrow of wood splits at a time. And my conifer fir trees do grow some year around. Storing the solar energy for me, millions/billions/trillions of hard working cells just doing their things, naturally.
Makes all other energy systems seem so artificial, overly complex and contrived.
S.U.

6 Likes

JO_Olsson,

That is one of my favorite videos! Here is another (happy young man!):

Thanks Carl ! ! ! In an odd way I am enjoying life better now with cancer than before cancer.

SteveU, thanks for fine tuning “Solar-Fuel”, I now will be signing posts with that ! ! !

Solar-Fuel

7 Likes

Here is update #3:

This is an enjoyable project, I’m learning a lot! Feel extra tired today, hope to wake up tomorrow to work on the gas mantel part of this and say hi to ya all ! ! !

Solar-Fuel, onward !

P. S. Tom Reed may have wrote about “solar fuel” or some subject close to that.

4 Likes

In case I don’t wake up I wanted to share my hair brained idea for making a gas cooler. Purchase an Eastwood bead roller to make lines of beads in two sheets metal sheets. Join the two sheets to make tubes running through the lengths of sandwiched sheet metal. Have a top and bottom gutter that can be opened and a brush run through the tubes (beads) for cleaning. Paired sheets could be bent to curve partially around the ACFC.

Solar-Fuel, onward !

4 Likes

That looks like a nice addition to the shop.
I believe @SteveUnruh referred wood to stored solar fuel years back.

3 Likes