All stainless Imbert

Congratulations! First driving video of someone else always puts a smile on my face.

12 Likes

I have to congratulate on an excellent build. It isn’t very often that we see a first time builder, that gets to take a ride the first time they fire it up—be it only around the block a few times. I don’t know how things are where you live, but up here those old square bodied Chevys are getting hard to find and expensive. Good you didn’t cut your body up too much. Good Job! TomC

9 Likes

I’m still amazed when Gary Langworthy first finished his gasifier and he fired it up and drove to Argos umteen miles from home!

10 Likes

Tom, this definitely isn’t Kyle’s first circle around the block. Him and his brother built Jesse James’ wood powered Corvette for Monster Garage, and before that they woodgassed their grandpa’s Ford Pickup.

11 Likes

Cody; have we ever seen that wood powered Corvette? TomC

1 Like

You have to watch it on the Discovery+ website but he linked it. His youtube has some videos of it after the filming of the episode.

5 Likes

Wow! Cody, you are sure right. This wasn’t his first dance. I still say I am envious of anyone that builds a first build or tenth build, and starts it right up and drives it away. TomC.

7 Likes

Don; Is Gary from somewhere in Wisconsin? TomC

Tom, He is in Missouri.

Coffieville Kansas I think

2 Likes

Yah, that sounds right. I did’nt take time to look it up.

Found another one. Problem is that the old man just passed away so I’m in limbo until I can contact the family or wait for an auction.

Here is my fuel pile so far. Buddy of mine has a sawmill and always hosts a bonfire every year. So why not use a pinch for me to enjoy driving. Had to use some of that $5.50 diesel to fill the bed of my dodge with fuel. I’m about to the point of buying a centrifuge to filter out waste oil for my first gen Cummins. It’s getting rough to enjoy a drive as you all know.

8 Likes

I see an old Wisconsin there

It would be kind of nice to save that

Gasoline is 9 dollars a gallon here

7 Likes

Beauty of a truck you have there, been looking for one for many years but have not found the right one. Thinking I’ll end up with a 1 ton gasser to get a clean body and cheap, then swap the 12v and nv4500 into it. I can buy the motor and trans for decent price, but put that package together into a first gen and it’s 30,000$ and the whole plan to getting that truck is making black diesel just like you said

5 Likes

I got my '93 Cummins about 5 years ago for $3600. It 2wd auto with a tool box utility bed. I swear it’s the cheapest first gen I was able to find. Most reliable vehicle I’ve had including me rebuilding the front end twice. Best average is 25mpg and I’ve burned over 200 gallons of waste oil and veggie at times. Highly in need of the WVO Designs centrifuge to get that diesel on a cheaper diet.

8 Likes

Same one I have been looking at :+1:

6 Likes

I have a centrifuge similar to the one you showed. I did a lot of settling and filtering first. The centrifuge really helped cleaning the oil. I had been making biodiesel for a long time and the methyl alcohol went from $.50 a gal here to $3.00 overnight.Then I was working on a 94 ford with a 7.3 and I put a homemade Elbett system in it. The ford loved that straight veggie oil.

10 Likes

News station just called and left a message about making a story about my truck. Any advice? @Wayne
Or from anyone who has experience in this type of exposure? :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Kyle,
You have already been through the ultimate media experience. I think you can adapt. Just keep it pg13. I hope we get to see it.

9 Likes

I hope it’s a video interview. Articles are nice and all but they don’t show enough.

6 Likes