All stainless Imbert

Nice looking unit :smiley: wonderful!
If it’s not a secret, what kind of filtration do you use?

5 Likes

PURE NUCLEAR RADIATION! All my woodgas stuff is never kept in secret. Even tho the looks I get in public suggests I may have to tone it down sometimes. haha, it’ll just be hay and a couple layers of foam filtration media in the filter housing. I’ll show pics once i get further in getting it running.

8 Likes

Ok, thanks :smiley:
Looking forward to see it up and running.

6 Likes

Kyle,
Thanks for the update–great photos. Always good to see your progress.

7 Likes

Truck ran on woodgas today. Still letting it setup a good char-bed but it’s looking like tomorrow will be a driving day. Lemons are ready.

13 Likes

Heyooooo!

Definitely need to film a drive for us.

8 Likes

I’m exciting to see the under the hood portion, your fab work is top notch so I’m sure it is pretty

6 Likes

Congratulation Kyle .

What Cody said :grinning:

8 Likes

7 Likes
14 Likes

Do you have it set up for the lower RPM range for cruising, or for more of a mid range for the hills? I’m not hands on familiar enough with Ben P’s designs so I don’t know what their turn-down ratio is like.

4 Likes

The first run earlier today was just a soft drive around the block. Getting the charcoal settled in mostly. Did as many laps as I could and got it up to maybe 40mph. Not pushing it. Had the mixture locked with the adjustment screw and no pull cable just yet. Got a bit excited to drive lol. I could tell it was ok at idle but higher speeds was bogging. So I’ll start on installing my automixer soon. I’ll still have to see if this Peterson style will be a good fit. It should be but I always have a Keith ready to build for it if it’s not producing enough :wink:.

8 Likes

Sounds good to me! 40mph with a fresh char bed sounds like there’s nowhere to go but up once it’s settled in.

6 Likes

Sounds rowdy! I like it

7 Likes

Thanks for the ride Kyle .

Looks like it is running well :smiley:

9 Likes

So I clocked 20 miles today and she runs well. Turndown ratio could be better so far but that’s why I have tunable options. If it wasn’t the horrible downpour halfway thru the drive then I could have got another sack of wood worth in. Made a stop at at friend’s house to grace his family and witness a refuel but had to keep moving shortly after due to the fuel getting weak at idle. Still had them giddy with excitement as much as I was. Open highway driving at 50mph is happy. It’s just the stop and go that is touchy right now. So I won’t be going to work in this soon till I get it right. Pic is ten miles into the trip.

20 Likes

Congratulations, you better have those lemons ready when it becomes your daily work DOW.
Bob

8 Likes

Stopped by to inquire about a old flat belt buzz saw powered by a twin cylinder Wisconsin the other day. Hope they sell so I can catch up on my fuel supply. I’m wearing out my table saw at the moment. My current buzz saw is just a blade and shaft.
But I agree, definitely going to be putting lemon wedges in-between the cheek and gum when that happens.

6 Likes

Kyle, did you build your buzz saw yourself or is it an antique piece?
I’m trying to figure a build to reproduce those cradled buzzsaws still kicking around in Sweden. You put the log in the cradle and rock it into the saw.

4 Likes

I was gifted a antique from my hit-miss collector buddy. Just need to make the A Frame and swing cradle. It’s fairly easy if you got some angle iron to work with. Mine has babbit bearings seized onto the shaft but it’s all just putting the time into it.

8 Likes