All stainless Imbert

Congratulation Kyle .

Yes keep the lemons handy and smile with every mile !

7 Likes

I see an Allied Signal duo-tone siren in that lot….

The horn should be painted red and the frame black
Mount it high above your shop to scare the Jesus out of people who drop by for a good laugh

2 Likes

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdqwqRK7/

2 Likes

Ya that’s sweat!!!

Get that fixed up and clean installed

I worked in a plant from the 50s with a bunch of those in it. Nothing says smarten up and all hands on deck like those allied signal sirens lol. Federal signal but I was close

I have a neighbor I don’t get on with well
I bet if I put that up on this roof it might keep him out of my yard.

It would also serve as a lovely warning that one of the generators is about to start an excessive cycle.

Ya place it on the peak right here.

7 Likes

Visiting friends today. Made another 25 miles.
Gasifier is feeling better so I think I’ll be ready to commute to work with it soon. Restoring my buzz saw currently so I can keep up my fuel. That’ll be the only holdback from making this truck a daily.

21 Likes

Congratulations on your success.

10 Likes

Thanks for the ride Kyle . Hope you have plenty of lemons handy :blush:

9 Likes

You should send some videos to Ben Peterson, I’m sure that will put a smile on his face. “See? It isn’t just for generators!”

8 Likes

Thanks for the wonderful ride Kyle. Yup it is all about keeping up with the wood fuel now. Build a chunker and go into the tree triming service for your wood if you need a supply of wood. Get paid to make your own fuel. Congratulations on your wood gasifier truck.
Bob

8 Likes

I’ve thought about getting signs made with my phone number offering a limb and waste wood pickup service. It would definitely be a good bolster for when I have to wait for coppiced trees to dry out.

8 Likes

Very nice sounds like it’s running real smooth! Only way to afford to drive a V8 these days without a second mortgage that I know of :grin:

9 Likes

Congratulations! First driving video of someone else always puts a smile on my face.

12 Likes

I have to congratulate on an excellent build. It isn’t very often that we see a first time builder, that gets to take a ride the first time they fire it up—be it only around the block a few times. I don’t know how things are where you live, but up here those old square bodied Chevys are getting hard to find and expensive. Good you didn’t cut your body up too much. Good Job! TomC

9 Likes

I’m still amazed when Gary Langworthy first finished his gasifier and he fired it up and drove to Argos umteen miles from home!

10 Likes

Tom, this definitely isn’t Kyle’s first circle around the block. Him and his brother built Jesse James’ wood powered Corvette for Monster Garage, and before that they woodgassed their grandpa’s Ford Pickup.

11 Likes

Cody; have we ever seen that wood powered Corvette? TomC

1 Like

You have to watch it on the Discovery+ website but he linked it. His youtube has some videos of it after the filming of the episode.

5 Likes

Wow! Cody, you are sure right. This wasn’t his first dance. I still say I am envious of anyone that builds a first build or tenth build, and starts it right up and drives it away. TomC.

7 Likes

Don; Is Gary from somewhere in Wisconsin? TomC

Tom, He is in Missouri.