Argos 2021 Reports and Pictures

I hope nobody objects to getting this going a little early for preparation pics.
I have been working on getting small things done on the truck to get ready for the trip. I put the wood hauling cage on the trailer and rebuilt the lights. I haven’t yet decided how much wood I am going to haul. I am waiting to hear back from Ron or Ronda about the amount of wood they actually have. I could probably haul my wood for there and back easier than others who are traveling further, but if they would have the wood I would rather not haul all the weight. I took the truck on a 140 mile test drive to Wayne’s place to put some miles down before I head north.
KIMG0051

KIMG0059
KIMG0060
KIMG0065

17 Likes

Cloned from my thread, this is probably a better thread for my last post:)

Ok the M-1 base for Brian is ready and the M-1 Ute R1 RTR for Danny Moore is coming along. Should have that near completion tomorrow, so should be in good shape for next week :fire:

!

6 Likes

Hey Jakob . That is a rough looking bum you have in the picture with you . You caught me right before shave time and Lisa giving me a hair cut. You can also tell from the overalls it was a long day of maintaining and greasing hay machines and tractors .

9 Likes

being dirty only proves you are working. ask anyone else in my family they will tell you that is my normal state. usually covered in grease or char dust.

5 Likes

Looks to me like y’all are dressed best for how you worship God on a daily basis. IMHO.
Don’t know about the facial hair though.:thinking:

6 Likes

Hi, Jakob!
I was going to start this thread today anyway, so thank you!! :grin: So I broke the piggy bank today and bought a mobile hotspot device. There should be enough data to upload lots of pictures and videos. It uses T-Mobile towers, so should work in Argos. Works great at home, I am using it now. The new service is called “Simple Mobile” and was the best deal I could find on data rate.

8 Likes

Well, i have a few half baked projects, but none ready to go yet. On the bright side, today was my last day of work until the event is over so ive got a week to get something finished.

9 Likes

We have a saying up here

Dirty hands make clean money

8 Likes

I got all the work done that I really needed to do, except pack my clothes and stick my thumb out on Sunday morning a hitch a ride with Mike Gibb when he passes by my place, on the way to Argos. And what I did not get done will be waiting for me when I get back. Right?
Bob

7 Likes

I loved the picture Wayne, lots of old and new, borrowed and blue.
Bob and I will have a whole extra day for the 1500 mile cruise across the West.
The 7.5 liter F250 is packed and ready to go. Unfortunately it will all be on gasoline as it would have to pull a loaded car trailer of chunks and a fuel stop every 25 miles would be tedious

6 Likes

Good morning Michael.

It will be great to see you and Bob again . Please be safe and see ya Thursday or Friday . :smile:

A couple days back I had a hard fall while working in the hay field that put my right arm and shoulder out of business . My doctor wanted to suggest canceling our trip to Argos, resting and keeping my arm in a sling.

We will be at Argos but Lisa my have some sooty hands and smell of smoke :smile:

8 Likes

Sorry to hear Wayne. Maybe on the way back we can travel together and I can refuel your tuck for you.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I have extra used band-saw blades that I use for fining material on gasifiers . If anyone coming to Argos that may be interested in a dozen or so blades let me know and I will bring them to the meet .

2 Likes

Here is Danny’s M-1 Ute R1 with Fusion. Parts came in for the VersiFire chimney system as well, pics of that later. A few more things to wrap up Monday and the builds will all be complete for the show.

3 Likes

Here is the chimney set up for the VersiFire. Hopefully this chimney will have enough draft, generally I have twice this chimney. But it worked on the first proto so I think it will work fine on this unit for show.

6 Likes

My Samsung galaxy 5 phone died to day pluge in the phone not working correctly. It charges if I rubber band the charging cord down a certain way. I will have to manually load my contacts because it would not bluetooth over to the new phone. I will have to type them in by hand.
Good news is the new Samsung phone will take high resolution videos and pictures I will need to reload all of my apps. too and figure things out. One way to weed out old obsolete phone numbers is by starting over.
Bob

4 Likes

Bob, When i got a new device google transferred over all my contacts, apps, bookmarks etc. Its a little disturbing they have all that saved, but convenient that time.

4 Likes

Hello, all! As far as I know everything is going OK. We might be getting some rainy weather on Thursday, less chance on Friday. Saturday looking nice. Daytime temps in mid 70’s to mid 80’s. Looking nice for the weekend. Of course, this is Indiana so expect changes! The T-shirts are printed, and I think they look marvelous! Thanks to my brother, Jamie. Sometime I will be able to talk him into visiting Argos. :blush:

6 Likes

Did you try a new cable? Typically the cable micro USB connectors fail causing this issue and the phone usb port are generally fine.

3 Likes