Argos Meetup 2019

I guess the big question is, how much does it actually cost for ticket from Slovenia? Need to know our target.

5 Likes

Ha, PayPal… hadnt thod of that.

Well l talked to my brother the other day, he is good at finding cheap tickets. He will take a look to the matter when the date is set. Now, a quick search by me and my wife reveals a cost of around $750 (±100). I think l will be able to save about a third of the amount till June (l shuld realy get back to driving on wood :smile:slight_smile:

7 Likes

A visit from our friends across the pond would be great .

8 Likes

K, you could also plan to come here before the event if you wanted to. I don’t think it will matter too much to us on either end. And Louisiana is down our way. Then Bill can haul you up to Minneapolis.

4 Likes

Paypal is the easiest and cheapest (free). Do you have a Paypal yet? If not I’ll help you set one up, PM me.

8 Likes

Hello all,
We talked to the fair ground people and they have us down from Wednesday (May 29, 2019 to Sunday (June 2, 2019). This gives us one additional day to enjoy the fun. The rent is a little more this year but, it sounds like a lot of people would like to come a day earlier. We will be there setting up on Wednesday late morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Ron and Ronda L.

10 Likes

Sorry for the delay. It’s been a busy weekend.
Chances are we might actually make it. I would love to be able to inspect your rig.

Thank you! I’m honored. That would be a dream coming true.
Also I gave the consultant thing some thought. Kristijan and I talked quite a lot about our common lack of skills in social interaction. If things work out, I hope there’s a woodpile or two, in any form, waiting for us to handle. Should have a calming effect, while spending time amongst strangers. Consultants in wood - that would be something :smile:

14 Likes

Somehow I do not consider either one of you “strangers”. Last year when Koen came it seemed like I was talking to my brother who I had not talked with for a couple weeks.

13 Likes

Thanks Don, I appreciate your approach. I feel I know you already too. I just tend to do more thinking than necessary.

12 Likes

I would like to ask that we do something special about ‘’ name ‘’ tags . It sounds like we are going to have these very special guest and we may recognize them but it would be much easier for the to join into the conversation if they don’t have to ask our names. ( I am being selfish, because at 81 my memory is failing. I have been there a couple of times and met many of you but a reminder would be helpful.) Something substantial that would hold up for at least four days. In the past we have had hand printed ones that people don’t wear after the fist day. TomC

7 Likes

Tom, l am 24 and am realy crappy at remembering names and faces (JO mentioned we have the lack of social skills in comon). I did notice a lot of us woodgasers are a special breed of people (not a bad thing!)

JO, a woodpile in a faraway land is how l imagine a perfect vaication :smile:

Don, while you mentioned @k_vanlooken, we havent heared from him in a while, l realy hope he culd make it. I wuld love to meet him!

11 Likes

As i do read DOW, but almost don’t find time to DO things unless its talking…

I am looking forward to find a gap or else i will make a gap…

I am just so stupid busy and keep forgetting things ( more from being just plain lazy i think )

If my planning is better then last year, i would love to come over for a few days longer, either to Wisconsin/ Bill Schiller ( i still own him some honey but i am to lazy to run to the postoffice , shame on me :disappointed_relieved: )
or else to alabama, Wayne Keith , to see the original birthplace of WK gasifiers…

Jo, Kristijan, be aware, the jetlag/long travel is most painfull going back to your place…
For me its a long travel, for you guy’s a bit shorter…

Count me in for a few $ to Kristijan’s travel expenses

12 Likes

Tom,
I can’t wait to meet you finally, with or without tag. The photo of you on the lawnmover wearing your space suit stuck to my mind and I’ll probably recognize you right away :smile:

Good news @k_vanlooken,
That would be great if you were able to make it too.
Btw, I can’t remember you ever mentioned, where in Thailand do you live? I traveled as a backpacker through the country (almost 30 years ago :thinking:)
Jetlag? Ha, we’re both shift-workers. That’s our normal state :smile:

7 Likes

These work nice.

5 Likes

Hi J.O., KristijanL. and KoenVL,
Consultants is a very appropriate tag for you three.

I have come to understand that true woodgas does not really work by science and maths and such . . . but more by human determination.
You three have proven this well with your accomplishments.

So on your visa applications proudly state: Teaching Consultant. Attending a Conference.

Group social, here?
Yup. It will vary. But be assured but the rural living attendees and sponsors you will have friends and common interests.

I’m in too for some financial kick-in. My current contribution beyond words and old videos.
Especially considering I no longer have the brain depth and speed to pull it off anymore live-active.

Regards
tree-farmer Steve unruh

8 Likes

Hey, I just dug out my login for paypal - I have not used it in years - and I found there was 10$ in there that I had forgotten I had. Do you have an account set up? It looks like there is a flat fee for transfers to the EU, 0.99$ for sums up to 49.99, and 2.99 for a transfer of more than 50$. There is also a percentage fee if you use a credit card, but its easy to link a bank account. Post your e-mail if you have an account and I will fire off 49.99$ and we can see how much shows up :grinning:

7 Likes

Ok guys here it is.

[email protected]

We will report as soon as we see a transfer.

Thank you guys wery much :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Steve, we have the boys from across the pond coming to Argos, The only way this year could get any better is if we can get you there as well.
What say you?

8 Likes

What Bill sayd! 20 characters

9 Likes

This is probably a good time to mention this, I will not be able to make Argos this year. We are expecting our first child to arrive around that time. We’re very happy, but it’s still a bummer on the timing.

Very jealous of you guys. Please take lots of photos and videos of our European friends. I may get in on a video call if one is going.

Of course if anyone wants to stop by and say hi, we’re an hour east of Louisville (most of the southern folk go that way).

15 Likes