2018 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | June 1-3

Finally made it home on Monday after breaking down in Ohio. The ac pump pulley had seized and we fried the starter solenoid trying to start the truck. Had to replace the starter and get a shorter serpentine belt to bypass the ac pump. 16.5 hours turned into about 36.5 hours.

The joys of road trips

2 Likes

ouch…twenty times

3 Likes

Koen,
Get home alright? Thanks for posting all those great pictures!

3 Likes

Hi Mike,
Yes i did arrived well at home, now already dreaming of coming back to Argos next edition…
Thanks everybody for the overwhelming experience, great people, great mindset.
Thumbs up to all… :+1: times a million

12 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you again Koen at the next Argos DOW meet up.
Michael Gibb and I got home on Tuesday after noon, and evening for Michael. You were home before us I bet. Thanks again for your input, nice to know how things work in other countries.
Bob

4 Likes

Hi Bob Mack nice meeting you at the argos, glad you enjoyed your long trip from west coast too nearly east coast, along with mike gib. Those long trip travel are the kind of trips you have too get done before old age sets in, my dad allways was going too travel too alaska till he past the time he just would not enjoy the travel anymore. He is 83 and bed riden the last few mounths. I had enjoyed the trip the most after blowing out two tires on chuck holes, and puting gas in my tank too see that i was getting 35 mpg with a 3.4 04 grand am. Hope We all can make it next year, and of coase any one else with DOW interest.

5 Likes

Thanks Kevin, it was a pleasure meeting you and everyone else. I was sure glad I put new tires on the truck before heading out. I lost count of how many chuck holes we hit, it caused my timing advancement to move into wood gas timing, that caused my truck to hiccup. Haha. It also caused a air leak on my wood gas mixer, causing idle problems. The biggest problem was my charcoal bed. I should not have filled my hopper with a full load of wood on top of the char bed. 2000 mile trip messed it up good. Thank you Chris, Wayne, Greg, Billy and all the others for the help on my truck.
I drove over 2000 miles just half way for a tune up on my wood gas truck. It was well worth it.
Bob

8 Likes

Yep.Yep. Bob mac.
A NOT Working, continuously outgasing “fluffing” gasifier charbed, traveled around with WILL travel vibrations crush/grind itself producing fines, and ashsheds, and then flows clogs itself for later active useage.
Might just as well before trip dump out that char bed and bucket store for later manual relayering.
If not . . . once traveled-there you will be dumping it out anyhow for re-sifting and hand re-laying anyhow.

Ha! Ask me how I know this!!
tree-farmer Steve unruh

7 Likes

Hi Steve, Haha , does the other 75% of the learning curve of gasification ever go down. I was hoping some day I might make it to the other 50%. At least I won’t do that one again. Michael was going to bring extra charcoal but for got it. If I only had not put all that wood on top of my char bed, filling the hopper to the top it would have been fine.
When you have the 2 former owners of the truck helping you fix the char bed they got it back to normal pretty quickly. Chris S. had a great time driving his old truck checking the char bed out. I could tell by the SWEM on his face. I asked him if he ever wished had not sold the 92 Dodge Dakota. He said no, because the truck went to a good home. I took that as a great complement to me.
Bob

7 Likes

And i am a witness of your offer to put the truck in your WILL to go back to Chris

6 Likes

Oh yes the 1992 Dodge Dakota (from the book) will stay in the DOW family, and will go back to @Chris Saenz. When, I go to be with the Lord. Now everyone is a witness to my words. Now just to let everyone know that I’m doing fine, and I’m healthy, not planning on leaving any time soon. Lord Willing. Got a lot more work to do for Jesus before I’m done. Amen
Bob

12 Likes

Keep up the good fight bob, thats a nice looking dakota, i can sure tell it was a southern truck. You might have too rust proff it if you lived in michigan, for there too be any thing left of it in later years.

3 Likes

I was watching a video on how they treat and protect vehicles in your area. If you don’t, they say, “vehicles don’t wear out, they rust out.”
Bob

7 Likes

@Chris, when will the 2019 argos meet be? Thanks, Tyler.

2 Likes

Good morning Tyler .

Below is what has been planed for Argos 2019

3 Likes

thanks, planning to finish and bring my simple FEMA gasifier to run a small engine around 8 hp, sounds like a lot of fun!

3 Likes

Just wanted to say to everyone out there that we really appreciate this group and how helpful everyone is. Not many such groups would be as interested in helping each other and even donating money to bring people from around the world to visit and share ideas, and encouraging those attempting to make an economic venture out of it. Just wanted to encourage everyone to take notice of what we have here and appreciate it.

I hope everyone can make it to Argos this year. It seems to be a good one adding up.

Also, I appreciate very much all of you who have helped Jakob with his projects. He is getting pretty close to attempting a flare on the Dakota I think.

14 Likes

I culdnt put it better my self. Its a real pleasure and honor to be a psrt of such a generous society!

11 Likes

Kristijan,
Your accomplishments and posts have been inspiring! How does one man get so much accomplished?!
Are there like 40 hours a day in that part of the world? Thank you.
Pepe

6 Likes

I think we’re posting on an out dated thread, I posted a question on Argos 2019 thread.

2 Likes