BIOCHAR The Science Behind It

Hi Don. My impression is that it could be a combination of factors, warming being possibly the most significant in the spring, just like how grass sprouts faster next toa foundation in the spring. There could also be nutrients in the ash associated with the char that the soil lacks.

Regards,

1 Like

Looks like our local council is now taking notice on the benefit’s of charcoal /biochar and the huge savings from having to dump there green waste/ , Brian sent me some photo’s of the local council yard and what they have made

Dave

7 Likes
3 Likes

If you haven’t yet watched these videos, you should. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Witch videos do you refer to Mike?

Abner,
I try to watch all the videos you put up, but especially the last two, (Power Point Lecture and TEDx Hilo) presentations about the “Eureka” experience that Bio-Char (charcoal) IS the missing link to many of our pressing environmental soil clean-up and food growing issues! Plus, it can be a side business and appropriate technology income opportunity for local people.
Mike

That´s right Mike. I´m gathering information videos that touch those specific themes. It´s a slow job because my internet here is VEY VERY SLOOOOOW. I also came up with a guy in Germany for big kilns with cheap any local materials. They focused on asian an african countries but there´s a guy in New England who built one. I´ll try to post them soon.

New video:

1 Like

First Zucchinies of 2016 with BIOHAR (Activated biochar)

Hi people! I was updateing my PC and it took 4 days! They are niiiice and beatyful. They are still growing!!!

5 Likes

Yesterdays batch. Awsome!! Notice there´s bamboo pieces, they give nice gas for the rest of the wood and keeps flame high.

2 Likes

Excelent short video!!

Biochar – Putting the carbon Genie back in the bottle: Rob Lerner at TEDxSanMiguelDeAllende (2013)

1 Like

Zucchini always grows fast anyway! Slice it up and pan fried, or make a zucchini /egg /biscuit mix / veg oil baked casserole. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Mike, thats exactly what we did with the first one. They were very good, nice texture and taste.

2 Likes

NEW VIDEO FIRST PART

The Promise of Biochar – Part 1 (09:35)

3 Likes

NEW VIDEO SECOND PART

The Promise of Biochar - Part 2 (Biochar on the Farm)

2 Likes

TEDxBerkeley - Lopa Brunjes - Biochar: An Ancient Solution to a Modern Problem (18:33)

1 Like

UPDATE

Biochar: The Oldest New Thing You’ve Never Heard Of: Wae Nelson at TEDxOrlando
TEDx Talks

1 Like

Abner,
This talk is OK, It is a good overview and introduction. What I am not that crazy about is his math (Two USA football fields are 96,000 square feet, not 9000) and the lack of original work. Most of his data and pictures are others’ work from the internet. (some credited).
The BBC4 documentary he mentions (about El Dorado) is worth watching if your internet allows, about an hour long!

I agree Mike, sometimes people are not totally sincere, either they omit or just past the page. I posted it because I think that we have to spread this information. Most of the people are ignorants of this very usefull information. We, in our family, are pationates of sustainable farming. Aldo I´m an anaesthesiologist, I live in a farm about 450 miles from work, but without the farm life I couldn´t live. The farm gives me the energy to attack city life.

8 Likes

Found a good resume video.

Hope you like it. :+1:

1 Like