Blowers used for the gasifiers

That must be a charco fuel mizer. With that size fan, it dont need any expert operating instructions i supose, i could like too make a char system too for smaller motors,thanks.

2 Likes

Can any wood gasifier enthousiest coment on useing a leaf blower/vacuem too heat up a real size gasifier, from the truck areena.A gas leaf blower/vacuem dont sound too bad in a weak charging system sinario/ loading wood from the woods. That needs too be dryed/ECT.

Good morning Kevin

Back in the early days I experimented with several type blower / vacuums . So fare I haven’t found anything that severs the purpose better than the the little bilge bowers .

Below are a couple of pictures firing up the old ford with a gasoline leaf blower .

Not sure of the date but I took pictures of my son the same day ( catcher , got the game ball and a sucker :blush: )

10 Likes

Now if you would have let Tally start smoking back then, he would be an average height today :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for the expert addvice, i will consider the maltable fans more as a best overall choice, hope you all are staying cool and collecting lots of hay.God is good.And yes the kid sure grew fast too his late teens before long.&

3 Likes

My little 10$ airmattress blower stopped working.
It’s been used for hours and hours of flaring and for startups ever since I started to DOW. Also it was dripping wet of tary water when I was drying out my under water gasifier error.
I opened up the housing and did some cleaning.
It now runs as good as new :grin:

14 Likes

Reminded me of my arly atemps on woodgas… updraft gasifier with sapy pine. The fan looked like it was pumping bitumen :blush: never cleaned the poor guy…

6 Likes

J.O.,
I can see why you like that little air-mover. Inexpensive, repairable and it does the job intended! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey JO do you have any more info on that blower?

Brand etc…?

Made in China. Pulls 6" static and usually 3-5" on the gasifier with a good flow. Comes with a cig lighter plug.
I think Koen uses the same.
There’s a plastic screen on both in and outlet that has to be cut out.

2 Likes

Kevin - I haven’t tried it on my gasifier. But I did build an aluminum smelter last year and used a pretty big shop vac (one of the bigger craftsman, 5 HP I think). It turned out to be overkill, big time. I had to choke it way down to keep from melting the whole shop.

On my charcoal gasifier, I just use 1 bilge blower, like Wayne uses. It seems more than adequate in that application.

I think Matt is on to something with using the smog pumps, if you want something pretty bullet-proof that is going to have a long life.

2 Likes

Thanks kyle yes if it is built well and can be taken apart for cleaning times,probbly should be considered.Not sure a gas leaf blower would be over kill, though the size of the fan area is way over size too match the fuel pluming sizes,may have been the flow problem,VS the boat fans in combination power, i gess i will have too see for myself witch fan i like best, off road or in the back yard.

2 Likes

Thanks JO that’s what I wanted to see

1 Like

Hi Jo,
Yes those are the same, but i use them after the/some filtering :wink:

2 Likes

hello Mr.koen, Jusy a quick questain about the smog pumps. Any ideas on what sort of inches of water vac they will pull with maybe a heater fan from car’ on a v8 wood gas set up. Or are there any measure chart of sorts.Thanks

1 Like

Hi Kevin,

I will see on what i can find to post here.

Hi Kevin, our new blower systems you will never have to clean. The gas never touches them they only push air. In lighting mode they run an injector to pull vacuum, once its lit we push directly through the gasifier for warm up. The machine light up very fast, and pushing through vs pulling is much more effective and requires only a third the power of pulling. So durability is no longer any factor nor is cleaning maintenance,

5 Likes

Ok thanks matt on the push VS pull, allthough that wont work with wk as we need forward and reverse for we know why.

1 Like

Ok thanks Koen,are you thinking push or pull smog pump would work best.and thanks on the comparison to some of the other fans.

1 Like

Matt is using Bernoulli effect, like a carburetor, atomizer, or paint gun to pull (a vacuum) air through, like using a water jet to pull (push?) additional water through a larger pipe. :rocket:

2 Likes