Bug Reports & New Features

where the contact address for payment ,or the paypal button

Hi Roy,

Please contact us using this form: http://driveonwood.com/contact

Few tweaks and improvements to the site today. Most obvious ones:

on the front page there’s a pager to quickly flip through the different slides - no need to wait for it to change anymore. Just hover over the different numbers.

Forum comment titles have finally been removed. Hooray!

Multi-image upload. Select as many pictures as you like, and upload them in one shot.

As usual, if anything is broken let me know. Enjoy the new goodies!

Great stuff Chris, you spoil us. Many thanks.

Carl

Shrank the size of pictures in forum threads to help our dial-up and slow speed folks. Please be patient as your browser loads the new smaller size pics, they will be much faster to load from now on. You can always click the picture to get the full size.

Hi Chris, I was in the construction area and cliked on the link you put up for david O’s angle iron on the fire tube. It gave me a page saying not able to acsess and to become a premeum member. No big deal caues I knew where to find it. you might want to check it out. I don’t know if my old pc could be the trouble. Great work on the site. I’m on almost every day,just don’t post much.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for that, I’ve fixed the link.

It’s a login issue which puzzled me for a while, because of the link itself. Your computer sees the site differently if it goes to www.driveonwood.com or just plain driveonwood.com. Those www s make it think its a different site, and it think’s you’re not logged in. The default is no W’s, just plain driveonwood.com. If you ever think that might be the issue, check your URL, try the plain address (delete the www’s) and check that you are still logged in.

Can someone on dialup or a slow connection confirm that the picture loading time has improved any? I have made some fairly drastic changes in the way pictures are handled over the last 2 weeks, and I wonder if anyone is seeing an improvement. Quality and overall size have been reduced considerably, but the full quality is still available by clicking the image. Here’s some pics to test it out:

Hey ChrisKY
About 5X faster for me at 15 seconds download now.
In the past I learned after ~10-15% downloading to back click and than all of the new pictures to be seen were alraedy 1/4 screened viewable.
The older long, long threads with lots of already imbeded pictures still give a problem with sometimes a 4-5 minute down load just to see a single recent post comment. The resolution the topic/thread primary person is putting up for me makes a BIG difference. This corrects for awhile once the thread flips over to the 2nd page. DaveO and BrentW at the slowest to load exterme. SeanF at the fasted to load extreme. You and Wayne somewhere in between.

Thanks for the effort. This isn’t about just MikeL and me. A lot of visitor/guests reading are Rural living dial up folk. These are the ones with the tree fuels that will actual be able to fuel feed a Beast. We figure if you have high speed you are still living too Urban dependent.
Steve Unruh

Thank for the feedback Steve.

Hi Chris, I’m on DSL and the uploads seem quicker here also. Thanks, I’m really enjoying the site, great job.
Pepe

Chris,

Not a bug necessarily but I noticed this;

While browsing the site with FireFox (my standard browser) I noticed recently that the right side frame/column is no longer restrained to the formatted area of the screen. With Internet Explorer, however it still looks correct. Not sure exactly when I first noticed this, probabl;y in the last week or two?

I attempted to attach a screen shot from each browser but they do not show up in the preview so I have no idea if they uploaded properly or not.

Cheers!.

Oh good they did go through. Notice on the top screenshot (firefox) how the image and text just skew off the right side of the window. It only seems to do this on the home page, the rest of the site shows up like normal.

Hi Henry,

Thanks for telling me, I’ll look into it.

mine does it too on IE 9
really cool site
Tom

Mine does too on Vista. I’m using Firefox also.

Mine is OK… Firefox 14.0.1
That image has some action on it… it is animated so it appears to slide in from the right edge of the screen.
Probably some java or other animation code compatability issue…

New feature today; photo gallery. Each person has a tab on their profile page listing all their pictures. Plus there is a sitewide picture gallery, under “Forum>Photos”. http://driveonwood.com/photos

Also introducing the lightbox photo viewer, tell me what you think! Click any picture on a post and it should pop up a larger version right on the same page. Try it out below:

That is great. I like it.

ChrisS: The new photo galleries look great. I think it could make good use of a “caption” feature though. As a newbie, I am looking at most of these pictures and think to myself: “Wow, that welding looks great. I don’t really know what is being welded to what, but the welds look pretty clean.” Having a blurb below (or above) the picture that says “I just finished welding the pipe between (gasifier part ‘X’) and (gasifier part ‘Y’)!” would help us newbies visualize what needs to go where.

Thanks for all your hard work to keep the site going and improving it!