Bug Reports & New Features

hey chris
i just tried the photo tab you put in my profile
WOW thats really cool
thanks a lot for your work on this site
Tom

Hi ChrisKY
The new picture system working OK for me too on dial up. About the same for members loading at low resolution. Faster for me on members high resolution pictures. Handier to be able to scroll through picture sets like Chris Seymore puts up.
Regards
Steve Unruh

Hi Chris, I guess there is a bug loose. If I go to someones personal page, ie click on “Carl Zinn” I get that page alright, and all the tabs work (really like the photo tab), but the contact tab gives me a picture. :frowning:

Fixed. Thanks for telling me!

Brian, captions are in the works. Agreed that the pictures need explaining.

Steve, glad it’s working OK for you. I always worry about fancy stuff on dialup. The full res photos are available on the “View Original” link.

Working good for me, Chris. Pepe

I have temporarily locked posts for editing. Bear with us as we improve the system for everyone.

BUG - clicking REPLY places the reply at the bottom of the page instead inline indented to the thread you clicked to reply to… would be a good improvement - scrolling to the bottom or having to read through all of the other posts wastes in not effective… check other forums - inline indented makes it so much better and effective at content…

Doug,

Thanks for your input. Actually this isn’t a bug, it’s designed this way. You will find many forums that use this exact format. There are two ways to go about this issue and this is the way I’ve chosen.

Chris, the no edits and reply features are important. If Douglas had of edited his typo then I would
have never have been able to find it and learn from it. And inserting replys defeats the flow
when reading older threads leaving you wondering why all the fuss when the numbers are all there
I make many mistakes when talk off the top…it is only when I am challenged that am forced to rehtink
and correct myself. Without the challenge, I don’t learn and get myself stuck into a pretty deep rut.

Post editing has returned. Please do not abuse the system.

Chris - with the return of post editing is it only on new posts - I need to edit a few items on prior posts and the edit button is not appearing for me - advise.
Thanks
Doug

Logged out and back in to test post editing - no edit button for the above post - please return post editing.
Thanks
Doug

Chris,
I like the “Recent Photos” on the left side instead of recent posts, I usually use the what’s new tab anyway.

Derek

thanks Chris
i didn’t know to use the whats new button
Tom

BUG - the need to scroll to the bottom of multiple pages to reach new content is time consuming and a pain in the butt - new content should be at the TOP of each forum item reading down into older posts. Please consider modernizing.

Clicking in Whats New on each item NEW ITEM is a good work around.

There are a few issues using Chrome when clicking back and the page does not displace - the menu at the top is covered over and not available.

Website had a hiccup today, you may have noticed new posts were not getting published right away. Nothing was lost, all posts have now been published. Posting should work smoothly again. Sorry for the delay!

It might be a good idea to have it so every page of a thread has the title of the thread at the top. I just clicked some “recent pictures”, had to go back several pages in the thread to figure out which thread I was looking at before I could go back to the page I was originally reading. Not so much of an issue from the “What’s New” tab, but the recent pictures don’t list where they are located.

It is the flauws and the miss information in all lthe “nubee” post and the advice of the pros that give me the info that I need to build
my system that will work well. I have to leave now because my wife needs her elecric blanket hooked up…
Back now… mission accompished…I am now a hero in my household… She is 72 years old now and she finds it hard to crawl undernieth
the bed to find the cord.
The stupid questions and the good advice of the pros need to be read over and over again to to get it in to practicle mind set
of the people that wish to try this…A person that gets aDegree in POT THROWING will never equill the person that has been
throwing pots for 20 years But I have this pressure inside me that has to lean and create…
You guys that already have yor systems worked out; have pity on us 'WANT TO BES" we have the desire, but have to
go through the learning curve We need the experience you have , But if you continualy tell us we have no
idea what to hope for we will simply give up…And nothing is advanced THE OLD RULES ALWASE APPLY
Some of us have to give up because the numbers simply donot support the new theory …
But it was worth a shoght because I learned so much from it
I tinker, I try,I test,If it does not work in my home, it is just a pipe dream
Not everyone wonts to dive a big rig from NY to CA on wood;.
Some of us just want to heat ouw homes and say warm in the winter
on what ever fuel is avalible…
I boughtn a gasifier from Mitt Ryde… It works as good as anything I can imagine…
But it producise 10 times he amount of heat that I need to heat my house.
If you people that want to see biofuels made usefull … Then work on a unit that
1/10 the amount of fuel … A replacement for a pellet stove. Burns slow… burns long
even heat, comfortable homelife…
I want to be able to gun my truck douwn the road at 80 MPH but I am more concered
about keeping my wife warm so I can keep her around as long as possible
That takes LOW AND SLOW…
I am looking for the ssmallest gasifier that I can get to heat my house

Updated the photo gallery. It’s a little closer to what I wanted, check it out. http://driveonwood.com/photos

Page 1 works great, but the other pages don’t. Sorry. But it’s gonna be great. U da man! And if I click on “more” comments, it defaults to the home page.