Bug Reports & New Features

Thanks Carl! Getting my bug zapper out…

OK, it’s a confirmed bug… I’ve got the solution but my webserver IT guy has to apply it. Could be awhile, depending on his schedule.

Meanwhile, at least page 1 is working!

Chris,

wondering if you can swap the order that the posts in the forums are displayed so that the most recent post is at the top of page 1 rather than the bottom of page-x?

Hey ChrisKY
I was able to scroll through the photos pages.
Sloww to load at ~3 minutes per page, but that part is my download speed capability.
Regards
Steve Unruh

Steve, sorry it’s slow, but that’s just pictures for ya. At least you’re getting 36 thumbnails per page, and you can choose which ones to load the bigger version.

Henry, I think most folks want to start reading at the beginning. If you want to start with the last post, just click Last Post on any thread, and scroll up from there. To pick up where you left off, go to the What’s New page, or click First Unread on the thread itself.

Chris,

Ever look into the Drupal Chat module? I was thinking it might be nice for the Currently Online users to be able to chat if they wanted to?

Just a thought.

Hi Henry, looks neat, and it is certainly possible for the future.

Photo gallery is fixed, page 2 and so forth should display correctly now. http://driveonwood.com/forum/photos

Greetings Chris,

I try to look in on the site at least once each day. In the last two weeks I have been getting a “Failure to conect to the website” message. I get this messege approximately 60% of the time, using different computers and different internet providers. Is this something on my end? Help!

Hi Richard,

I don’t know, it’s been working fine here. There are a few tests you can do to see what’s up. Will email you with details.

Thanks Chris,
I am about to push to get the Wood Hawg running again (still in the middle of an engine change). Is your Dodge going to be running again soon?

Soon! I just gotta set aside some time to fix it up. Whole list of things need doing to it.

Hey Chris,
now that some of the blogs are close to or into their 3rd page, is there a faster way to read the latest post without scrolling to the bottom of each page and clicking on “next” or “page 2” etc. and then scrolling down till the last post is visible? Am I missing the “last post” button or isn’t there any?
Don M

Hi Don,

The blog pages are not formatted like the forum posts (they’re basically out of the box Drupal pages). Like you said, there is a pager at the bottom, which has a “last page” link. Also the What’s New page will show a link to the last unread post, if there is one. There’s no last post button (yet).

I know the navigation buttons need work. It’s on the list once I’m back in site upgrade mode.

Whenever I try to upload a picture into either a comment or a main post I get a warning message saying “CAPTCHA reuse attack detected” and then “Incorrect CAPTCHA code” when I actually try to post. Reentering the new CAPTCHA code usually works but sometimes I have to start over fresh. Any ideas? Android Tablet using Opera Mobile Ver. 12.10.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the heads up. There shouldn’t be a captcha code at all. Did this just start happening?

Question to everyone; is there a captcha code for you? If so then something’s not set right. I’ll look further into this.

OK, I double checked and comments don’t need CAPTCHAs so it’s just posting a new post. It happens on both Premium and Non-Premium sides of the forum for me. Also, I’ve always had CAPTCHAs for posting new threads.

OK, I’ve removed all CAPTCHAs except for new accounts. I do trust you guys :slight_smile: … just a default setting that never got fixed.

We’ll see if the spam levels go up any, I’m not expecting them to.

Some of you have surely noticed this… it took me a while though. The dropdown menus aren’t working on the front page for some reason. All other pages seem to work. I’ll investigate, I know it used to work - and not that long ago either. For now, just know that you need to get off the homepage bofore the menus will work properly.

Also there’s a basic version of the menu at the bottom of every page, which is very reliable, if a bit ugly.

Fixed the front page problem. Also recovered some “lost” content in the Learn section. Check it out, for example the Vehicle Roster I did in May 2011: http://driveonwood.com/learn/vehicle-roster