Building a Hybrid electric-charcoal

Wow Koen, you two have some impressive building going on there. Looking forward in seeing it go down the road. Thanks for keeping us updated on what you are building.
Bob

2 Likes

looks nice but one heck of a blind spot I imagine. :grinning:

4 Likes

Hi koen, i was just wondering what kind of light batterys them are,and if your old style trike is being mass produced yet. Yes thanks for the design’ing updates.And if my english looks off, it likely is.

3 Likes

Hi all,

Voltage on board, 60 V
5 deep cycle battery’s 130 Ah
inverter, 3000 watts, 240 V 50 Hz
3 solar panels, Pmax 280 watts per unit
Alternator on GX200 Honda, standard 24 Volts 80 amps, modified to charge 60 Volts
Manipulating the field coil with PWM and voltage limiter.

Charcoal gasifier good for up to 12 Hp engine
GX200 can be belted to either the alternator or a centrifugal pump ( 30 cbm/hr )

Electric motor for the trike is a shunt type, 1200 watts

Electric water pumps can be used , even on the solar panels/inverter only.

The GX200@4000 Rpm, on charcoal gas, driving the alternator, produces 2200 watts.

Viewing angle from seat position, 180 degree’s

a fun toy to be prepared for offgrid living :grin:

5 Likes

Hi Kevin,
The battery’s are 130 amps, deep cycle
The old style trike is “hanging around” being a show object , special for selfies :grin:
next monday, things are moving to the university show, also MOU’s signing, for teaching program’s

3 Likes

Hi paul, yes, its a narrow view, but still ok at 180 degree’s

3 Likes

Thanks for the curtius intelijent responce. It will be intetesting following your hybrid project designs.great explanation of the build.

3 Likes

WOW!!! All that you have accomplished is just amazing. Can’t say anything but WOOW!!! Put some truck rear view mirrors on TomC

5 Likes

Nice build, I am not a safety fanatic but I would suggest taping all but the working end of any metal tools being used around battery banks. I have worked on a few and find that my anxiety level is lower if I am working with insulated tools. I just use electrical tape from one end to the other and then run a knife down the tool to remove afterwards.

4 Likes

It looks pretty sweet! Hopefully it works out as an extremely useful tool for you as well. I love how the panels fold up!

3 Likes

Had a new show to attend…
University to sign an MOU for community and university to work together, partial my work to teach.

One minister from the Prime ministers office, head off National Research Council Thailand getting a tour and posing on the pictures…

Also, the Governor could not withstand taking a tour on the trike… had to give him a sip of lemon juice…

BTW… 11 th, showing off for the King’s daughter , in Bangkok, also have to prepare a set as a gift to her…

16 Likes

Congratulations Koen. You travel in high circles with important people.
What is the green tank in the background with the blue hose for?

6 Likes

Hi Don,

That is a water tank, to show off with the waterpump…

2 Likes

10 likes for Koen. What a great opportunity and privilege. Though we live in different cultures, your “char gas world” is so very appealing… We celebrate with you on every mile/ Km

6 Likes

What Carl said. You are making some inroads for future people in your country. What a great accomplishment for a citizen with out huge corporate funding.TomC

3 Likes

What Carl said .

Please keep the lemons handy

2 Likes

Right man, in the right place, at the right time, making a difference in the right way. Thanks for letting us share in your joy.

3 Likes

Congratulations Koen! Next time let’em dirt their hands some. Bring’em o the wood pile and charcoal making. Let’em feel and smell our wonderful world of gasification :sunny:

2 Likes

Congratulations two you both, what wonderful accomplishments you both have made in Gasification for your Country and people’s, also what Carl said. I like your Hipster look too. You are Styling and Working it! I think You are on your way to the Big Time in Gasification with a Great Support Group.
Bob

1 Like

Great stuff Koen,

Glad you are getting recognition at such a high level for all your hard work. Ideas only become reality when people like you push the envelope past the known barriers and explore new possibilities. I very much enjoy seeing your work, it is always an inspiration!

Bryan

1 Like