Building a Hybrid electric-charcoal

So… just back from Bangkok…
The Royal Forest Department
Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment

The Minister, The Director General, The Deputy Director General… and The Royal Princess…

The Ministry is a fan of our work… ( planning for doing more with wood to energy by gasification)

He presented our work to the Princess, made a huge portfolio book, and, as a gift to her project, the set with waterpump…
Gift from the community,
Enjoy the pictures,

The man in Blue is the Minister ( does not look as me, The other in Blue is me, the Lady in Blue is the Princess… ) In white are the high rankings…

6 Likes

Oh yeah… The book…

And in answer to all the kind words here on DOW:

Nothing would have been possible was it not for all those on DOW who did take the time to give advice in my builds…

10 Likes

Hi Koen
that means “phapang”?

2 Likes

Hi Thierry,

Phapang is the name from the village i live here in Thailand, with a great Community named Phapang .
So i dedicated my work towards this community and named the gasifiers also Phapang Gasifier…

9 Likes

You are too modest KVL.
You would have still achieved much of your progress even without DOW inputs.

Maybe gone off on tangents, taking longer, though. (this is a SteveU dry-humor joke, by the way)

Regards
SteveU.

10 Likes

Driving hybrid … lemons needed…

7 Likes

keep the lemons coming…

8 Likes

Does that mean your new logo is approved? If so, congratulations!
Great pictures! Never mind the lemons, you deserve to wear a big smile! :grinning:

3 Likes

added another driving on charcoal… it has wheels and it moves when running the engine… :grin:

This was the gift for the Princess

5 Likes

Hi Mike,
Yes, logo approved, smiles all the way…

4 Likes

Me , trying to speak english…
Making ready to test drive the hybrid to go waterpumping on the land.
In preperation for a documentary for the Royal forest department, coming for a show 26 and 27

It handles quite well with the generator running to support the load on the battery’s

Picked up speed up to 35 Km / hour, flat that is, downhill who knows i can fly with the wings folded open…

7 Likes

a link to youtube for all the video’s, for those who desire…

5 Likes

Hi Koen
How you handle the voltage of the dc motor, the regulation of battery charge, the steering alternator …
Could you give us a sketch in “principle schematics of renewable energiy …” when you have time?

Thierry

2 Likes

Hi Thierry,

I will make some pictures and a description, soon as…

2 Likes

Showing the Hybrid in pumping action…

3 Likes

one more…

edit : 2 more :grin:

3 Likes

Hi Thierry, here pics from the inside:

1: Voltage and amp meter on the front panel of the control box

2: Side view, 2 switches and 1 load adjustment knob ( PWM)
one switch activates the control box electric supply, the other switch then can switch on or off the PWM
Voltage and load read out at the front panel ( only manual control with this box setup, but possible to build an automation ad on module )

3: Inside view of the control box:
Top from left to right:
Amp shunt, voltage regulator for the led meters, amp meter volt meter
Bottom left to right:
Voltage/Amp regulator/limiter for the coil/field to limit /control the alternator
PWM controller to adjust the output from the limiter towards the field coil.
This coil/control is fully disconnected from the main output of the alternator.

3 Likes

Hi Koen
this “coil / control” is essential?
could you do connect directly, PWM, on the brushes of the alternator?

Thierry

2 Likes

Hi Thierry,

The PWM output is connected to the field coil ( brushes if present, in my case is brushless)
The input from the PWM is limited to ensure easy control of that field control

So this limiter reduces the max voltage and the max amps towards the alternator and the PWM regulates then from zero to max ( max from limiter)

3 Likes

My alternator has brushes, no coil / control
how I can protect the generator from excessive current?

2 Likes