Building kinda of an gasifier, raw bamboo is the aim

Happy birthday Koen! I think I will quit having birthdays so you can catch up. :laughing:

10 Likes

Or you could get Superman to reverse the rotation of the earth. Somehow that turns back time. Really. I saw it in a movie. I don’t know it it’s the same with movies but my mother used to insist that if it’s on TV it has to be true. That was a rule.

11 Likes

Well happy birthday Koen.
You made it! 60 y.o.
My Nurse wife says doing that then you are most likely good for another 10 years.
I’m 69, soon to be 70. She appears to be correct.
I’ll leave it up to “others” to comment about the great-beyond, 70.

You coming off of covid nice of you to mask up and keep any possible lingering viruses to yourself. No. It seems that wine alcohol does not kill them.
Regards
Steve unruh

8 Likes

Steve if you had as hard working of a life as my dad I think you’ll still be splitting logs at 80. Dad’s 72 and still outdoing the guys left in Detail.

6 Likes

Happy birthday Koen, even if you’re probably already sleeping it off by now. Maybe tomorrow will be a day off? :smile:

7 Likes

Happy birthday Koen. Thanks for your many contributions to DOW.

7 Likes

Gefeliciflapstaart Koen, probably it wil sound like that by now. Enjoy your birthday and that there may come many more.

Yes wonderful community here very helpful and inspiring. Especially Mr Steve got me out of my armchair. Now the last steps….

6 Likes

Happy birthday Koen .

I wish you many more !!

Keep going and you will be as old as Don and I :grinning:

9 Likes

Happy birthday. Awesome build

3 Likes

Happy Birthday and what everyone said.
Bob

2 Likes

a late Thanks for the birthday wishes, but have been busy/occupied with health issues, requiring surgery next week. ( to remove some tumor but so far not considered malign, hopefull it stays that way )

But for the diehards amongst us

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PlGdkLcqbloXXp9EZfGSzlEcskWVllcL?usp=sharing

There is software for viewing and analysing the thermal scans i made from the first run gasifier, had not the time yet to decipher them into jpeg’s.

Next batch off pictures will be the teardown for inspection before modifications to be made.

How the fuel went from hopper into the grate zone.

Since i had no grate shaker, it kinda clogged up, burned a cavity just under the choke plate.

Let me upload and then your opinions …:grin:

7 Likes

Step 1 , hopper removal

7 Likes

Residu in and view into hopper

6 Likes

Layer by layer

5 Likes

4 Likes

getting at the nozzles…

7 Likes

poke a hole …

9 Likes

Next step is add the shaker , lower the grate, install sensors for all possible data collection…

Will upload now some video on youtube from the first testing…

7 Likes
15 Likes

videos are private, can’t watch

3 Likes