Charcoal gasification methods

HI Daucie,
Why you want maintain plasma arc if you have secondary induction cone? If you add resonance LC on this coil you have enough energy for split also water supersteam. Also I remember to you that plasma consume a lot of energy and emit RF radiations on TV, radio etc… in this way and you can’t use inside an home. Regards

Well, I’m happy to say that Wayne Keith has again shown us the way; How simple it is.
When he posted the “cold gasifier, no fan start up” vidio, it made all the the complication
of my posts totally unnesisary and “nubee in” nature. Whitch of course I fully admit.

My only quest was to hide the start up smoke so the neogbors would not be offended .
And the CHP would not know. To all that see the tanks in my truck; I was just a man
hauling stuff to his job.

Now, building a gasifier that runs on “Tumbleweed pellets” is just sizing the cone
properly. even multiple cones if nessisary.

Either way it is doable and practical. Even in California…THANK YOU
Daucie

Thanks Mr. Rose,

I am humbled!

Hello Mr. Wayne,
Can you post the video link referred to “cold gasifier, no fan start up”? Thanks in advance

HI Daucie,
Can you explain me why your project is obtain methanol? For use into home and on engines? Please answer me … Regards

Marco, here’s the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsOHdtFwKhQ

Hello Chris, thanks for reply me but is possible have little explaination? Him add gasoline as starter into reactor? Thanks in advance…

Good Morning Mr. Cioni,

The only gasoline used was to power motor to create vacuum to pull the gasifier until the gasifier was making good enough gas to power motor and then all gasoline turned off.

Hello Mr. Wayne, Thanks for reply to me. OK let me know if I have understand, you use the vacuum produced from engine for create an negative pressure (depression)at bottom of gasifier and the inital heat is added just one time with gas burner on video, and after you add additional wood over, is correct? Thanks in advance…

Hello Mr. Wayne, where the vacuum is drawn from the engine? Regards Marco

Hello Mr. Marco,

The air for motor operation is being drown ( vacuum ) through the gasifier to create vacuum needed for wood gas production .

A good gasifier should make good gas in two minutes with no visible smoke ( little haze or fog OK)

Hello Mr. Wayne, your new gasifier model is very interested. But as good italian I have other little questions for you. The gas produced inside new gasifier is just syngas? The stechiometric value is just 1:1 (air/syngas) or different? You use filter or cyclone in the middle from reactor and engine? Thanks in advance …

Hello again… You connect air manifold directly with output of gasifier? The cap of gasifier is open for aspire air? From video seem closed … Is possible see an little diagram also by hand? Regards Marco

Hi Marco,

All the detailed information about Wayne’s gasifier is available in the Premium area. Contact me directly if you’d like to get signed up. http://driveonwood.com/contact

Hello Marco,

Have you read this ? http://driveonwood.com/sites/default/files/pdf/Keith%20Final%20Report.pdf

The scientist like this type of paper , but it’s over my head.

The control of the valve you ask about is near drives door so it can be open/closed from standing beside door or when in the bed of the truck.

Many of my videos show me opening the valve before driving.

I use no cyclone.

I wish to give an explanation of induction heating for those that are courius.
Now this is a simple curcuit that will cost about $20 to build.

This unit will draw maybe 10 amps from your battery.
the transisters are cheap and low power.
They don’t even get hot powering this unit.

The power comes from the resonation of the tuning of
the coil and capacitor. multiplies by maybe 1000.

The 10 amps of power “bounces” between the coil and
capacitor at very high frequincy. multiplying the forces
and adding to the EFFECTIVE power of the current.

The capacitor stores and adds to the power in the circuit
each and every time it is charged.
And it “theoretically” can build up to infinity.

But, with the resisance of the wire, it will limit itself to
a certain point.

Magnetics is the most powerful force in the cosmos.

Hello Daucie, this is simple and working induction resonance circuit, of course you need to calculate coil and capacitor with LC calculator. About methanol… can you explain why you want obtain that? I have read that isn’t usable in all USA maybe for security usage. Regards

OK, Marco, the only reason i am interested in methonal is
because it is a liquid and can be stored in tanks.
And be used quicklly and instantly.

The wood gas is efficient and very doable for even the people
in dry deseart climates. Anything that will burn can be reformed into
a fuel. But it must be closely watched and requires a trainned operator.

A liquid fuel can be used by even people that do not understand
how it works. My “Baby Love” can even use it safely

If I asked her to load up a gasifier, and light it off and then drive,
She would get splinters, burn her hands and die of carbon monixide.

It is the responability of us that UNDERSTAND to protect those who don’t.

You cannot give a pistal to a child. They will find only greif and regret.
Because they cannot understand the Power that they have.

If you look at this technollogy and donot understand it instantly,
PLEASE let someone that does build it for you .

Opperating a system and understanding it is two dfferent things.

I am so sorry Marco, but I will not respond to you agin

Hello Daucie, we don’t have to forget that methanol have more energetic power than syngas and is good for use on engine better if modified (more compression, etc…) and can be used also as fuel for stoves. Regards

Dear all,
I am new at this site and well impressed with the knowledge you all have.

I am trying to build stationary, portable power, to use in rural area’s here in Thailand , for the poor farmers.

I know for a fact that the original design of the gasification units where for charcoal use.
Wood was a substitute and wood gasifiers a next step.
As we all can learn from our ancestors :slight_smile:

The higher temperature we could maintain, the higher energy content in the gas will be…
Restrictions are; the ash melting point and the materials used for the contruction of the gasifier.

High temperature between 1200°C and 1500°C will crack water and carbon dioxide ( all oxygen will be used during oxidation )
Lower temperatures will also start cracking, but not all ( more water and carbon dioxide in the gas )
The higher temperature, the more water and carbon dioxide injected, the less Nitrogen from the intake air will flow to the gas, the more powerful the gas will be.
(replacing the nitrogen with hydrogen and carbon monoxide )

The good news for all of you: Gasifying is the solution for the future… since gasifying can turn Carbon dioxide into a fuel !!

The bad news still is however that to little people have sufficient knowledge or experience to proceed in a quick pass.

I am trying to use all of your knowledge and experiences to build exact that what we need… power from gasification.

I will start posting pictures and diagrams soon, i am also inviting everyone to discuss any idea’s i might have, ( most off my idea’s comes from the granddad from my granddads granddad :wink: )

Since i want to build stationary and or portable units and also want to avoid pollution everywhere my choise goes for the charcoal.
i succeeded already to build an inexpensive, fast and reliable charcoaling unit ( indirect retort system ) that produces great clean charcoal, next step is to build the gasifier.

I forgot; besides just building gasifiers , charcoalers and so on, my goal is to convert all green waste into energy and show the world that all your efforts in building and driving with wood gas is really driving with “Green Renewable Energy” and Carbon neutral.

Since i am not a writer, but just a reader, student and builder, it will take some time before i am able to write the right words into the right perspectives :slight_smile:

So, to all the people on this forum; Thumbs up, you are doing great jobs and i hope my little knowledge can be a small contribution.

I have a huge collection of useful data to share just have to find the proper way to do so.

1 Like