Chevrolet s10 4.3

Maybe with your birch the gas is more potent, and you could do with opening your air valve slightly?

2 Likes

There was soot on the valve, (I have never cleaned the intake), so the valve was almost stuck, so maybe it caused the engine to get too little air, it started to run more smoothly at idle now.

5 Likes

I don’t think my 2011 4.3 has this valve. I have a plastic intake so it is likely more convoluted in air flow for increased torque.

4 Likes

Yes, ha, now it’s the same again, too high co values, does anyone have an idea what I should do?
The top paper is from the first time I inspected since then I have changed.
catalyst
pcv valve
temp sensor intake
map sensor
removed air filter.
When she inspected, the engine became ticking rattling at the 2500rpm test, when I then went home the engine light is on for something wrong with the erg valve, could it have something to do with the co level?

4 Likes

Hi Jan, egr valves may affect the co-level, leaking, affecting the idle, not opening.

5 Likes

I removed the erg valve, and it was stuck in the open position, due to a piece of soot, do you think this was the fault?

6 Likes

Hard to say, open egr valves can affect a lot of stuff, many new’er cars doesn’t run at all, mostly the idle and low revs are disturbed.
Do you know some smaller workshop that maybe have saved a co meter?
I have one, but it’s a little bit to far away.

6 Likes

I have tried to find a co meter but have not found one.
If I go to a workshop, it costs the same as an inspection.

3 Likes

Jan, I forget, but did you ever install your pwm? At inspection I turn the pump voltage down until they are satisfied with their numbers.

5 Likes

No, I might have to install pwm.

3 Likes

Are you usually up for sales in RĂ€ttvik?

1 Like

My friend has a 1989/1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo that refused to run smoothly because the EGR was opening at idle. I blocked off the vacuum port to keep it closed and all is well.

4 Likes

That was my thinking, find a small village shop, cars,tractors,bicycle repair, where they could help you just check the co level for some kanelbullar/fikalĂ€ngd :grinning: or even let you borrow a co-meter, it’s not something you use everyday at shop’s, bigger workshops probably dont know what it is, only obd scannings for$$$.

5 Likes

I just checked, and i have 3 co-meters, this one is a spare, if i was sure it runs and measures correct, i could maybe send it to you Jan?
Free, ofcourse, i got it for free myself :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe something Dalarna woodgassers could split? :smiley:

10 Likes

:grinning::grinning::grinning:made in W Germany. Please consider opening a museum. If Prof Balthazar doesnt have it, no one does.

6 Likes

I would be very grateful if I could buy this from you, I have the same problem every year with the carbon content and never know if I’m doing something right, this year I changed almost all the sensors but to no avail, so possibly it’s the erg valve that messed up every year

7 Likes

@JO_Olsson , how far down can you get co levels with pwm?

4 Likes

I would go ahead and replace that valve if it’s found to be malfunctioning. It’s part of the Emissions system.

3 Likes

You mean the market? No, I haven’t been in several years. Maybe I’ll get the time to when I retire :smile:

4 Likes

I don’t really know, but enough to pass the tests.
Also, the fuelpumps react differently to low voltage.The Volvo pump seems to deliver fuel pressure in proportion to the voltage, while the Mazda pump needs close to 12V to even start spinning.

8 Likes