DOW Driving Habits

They all make look like good deal with no warrentee too speak of. Hopefully next one last longer, i may have crossed a ground for hot on that one, not sure but i think it was hooked up too my 11" probe on my big truck gasifier. HWWT HAPPY NEW YEAR.

1 Like

Be sure to waterproof the probe connections on those thermocouples.

I still occasionally have goofy readings during wet weather. Then it self corrects when dry.

I think mine are inturnal ground wired. Some were grounded at the probe when built. That gauge has been going bad since i had it.Thanks Mike Gibb

Michael is right about moisture. My probe terminals are in a water tight box, rubber grommet wire connection. Check that out first. If water gets in the box it can’t get back out easily.
Bob

Hi Bob i dont really understand how you could water proff out on the pipe the probe bolted too the conector, the wire is exturnal wire mesh ss. Or were you,s talking about the inside by the gauge side.?? THANKS

THE ABOVE WAS TOO BOB M OR MIKE G, thanks.

It’s dark here now, I will send a picture tomorrow of the water tight wire/probe terminal box.
Bob

Hi mike and bob i think i know what kind of terminals too water proff, Thats probly why my gauge failed on the one probe i had one

of this type, this one even cracked the porcelin holding the eliment wire conection.the probes i have now are made on too the wire, So i gess the questain is how too water proff these type probes, Thanks

That shows that there was water inside. Clean it up real good, and use RTV silicon caulking or something water prove where the wire comes into it,
Coat the stainless steel braided shield at the end of the wires going into the junction box. Seal around the lid and you should be ready to go.
Test it after you reconnect to make sure it works, be for doing all the caulking sealing the box up.
Bob

That should work thanks, i was getting in a hurry too see if it actually ran on wood.i think i can save it with silicone.

2 Likes

Hello All.

We have had a record breaking cold spell down south but the old trucks have good heaters so I have been doing plenty DOW.

5 Likes

Good Evening mr.Wayne Keith, Thanks for the driveing vidios of the deep south in winter time, as you know i live in michigan and last time i drove a Barrel of wood through my gasifier it was probbly 50 below driveing down the road and the water in the drain tanks looked like frozen slush when looking at the pipe below my hay filter, it never did lock up the hay filter but the drains being the lowest point froze down low though no damage as i think the ice is week in wood gas condensation. That hot weather in the south wood put me in a dakota with AC on HIGH. Though you southerners shore get some nice miled winters :tired_face:

3 Likes

I took that Beautiful January drive today. Made the video short for you data only guys. Where did I go? Just down the road no to where and back again. For some reason, that’s my favorite thing to do when DOW. Enjoy.
Thanks Wayne for the inspiration by putting one of your old videos of the 92 Dodge Dakota up on my thread page.

Bob
Edit: okay something happen when I was cleaning out my files, I deleted this one…so I guess I will just have to go for another drive and reload it oh darn .
edit: Okay I got some of the video back out of the saved file. hope it works.

11 Likes

Thanks for the ride :grinning:

That V8 sounds really good.

2 Likes

How did you see it. It said it had been removed both times I tried. TomC

You must have broke it Mr. Tom

Now I can;t see it either .

1 Like

The video is working fine on my DOW site. Tom, try closing the DOW site down and then reopening it up. I have had that problem in the past.
Bob

Oops me too. Now it will not run. Will check it out. May be they saw me touch my camera when I was driving.
Bob

2 Likes

Okay the video worked on my end, it is a lot shorter now lost some of it. Enjoy.
Bob

Thanks for the ride’ truck is running good.
One question though, what is that bright spot in the sky?
Well another one would be is your windshield wipers broken?

2 Likes