Erawan Energy Solutions

Downdraft charcoal gasifier?

4 Likes

Hi Don,
Nope, this is a test “raw wood” downdraft set, fuel = small bamboo chunks and palm nutt shell,
even might be pre carbonized chunks.

Just trying to build some scrap together and check what it can become :wink:
Made my own design charts instead of the standard “imberts”
Will release data after firing up and testing.

7 Likes

I was going to guess raw wood first but then I still think of you as the bamboo charcoal man so I changed my guess.:smile:

8 Likes

Build a charcoal unit for its bottom. Over drive the top unit and inject steam into just like the lower.

4 Likes

Koen,
Somewhere in your posts I have seen a page showing CO2 emissions of various fuels and there is also a chart comparing energy values from standard fuels. It is stated in the first one that the numbers do not include the amount of energy used and CO2 produced to make the fuel. Do you have any statistics for the amount of energy used and CO2 produced to make the various fuels listed?

4 Likes

finding purposed for anythings… have found 2 scrapped gasoline golfcarts standing around…

15 Likes

Build one for your corporate sponsor. Let them drive and use it daily around the plant.

7 Likes

Interesting project koen , caint wait too see the results, probley beat the polution limits of those golf carts easily. less charco and more bambo would be nicer if it works out good.?

2 Likes