Erawan Energy Solutions

Hi Kevin,
Yes it is the material i use
And yes the price looks normal since its transport included.
Succes with your project

3 Likes

Thanks Koen how is your latest test unit rolling along,havent seen any updates in a while. my sodium metasilicate is on its way, will i need any sodium hydroxide or lye, or is it allready in the powder. Thanks. keep us posted on your latest charco experiment project.

2 Likes

Hi Kevin,

anything is already in the powder to make waterglass (only water needed)
Struggling with some health issue’s at the moment, waiting on the experts verdict…

4 Likes

Thanks much KOEN for the new info on the better way makeing water glass.Hope all is fine in short time, my prayer os yours,I caught i think the worst flue or bug ever this year, i had a bad bad head ake for two solid days in row, took two 800 gram moltrin asperns every 3 too 4 hours too main tain.had too cut fire wood on third day standing and then sitting too regain balance for few seconds rest on milk crate chair. went too doc for annual check up, and wanted too shoot the chicken pox vaxinations, I passed on that note.felt much better after a week or so after the 3 day jolt.

4 Likes

last test i burned the heating wire…

now making a new one…

8 Likes

Koen,
Thanks for posting these pictures. I have a couple questions. First, any idea why the first heating element failed?
Second, what types of refractory did you use here, Are they insulated (lightweight), or hard? (heavy)? Nice work, by the way, and hope you are feeling better! :smiley: I know the ceramic kiln I once had used lightweight cut and shaped refractory bricks with grooves cut in them lengthwise for the bare heating elements.

4 Likes

Do the drying stages at the temperature rise. at first, I destroyed all my ceramic pieces.

2 Likes

Hi Mike,
The coil failed because i overdosed the amps in to short time… eager to get results but lack of patience…

The refractory is Cast 16T, the hard and heavy type, rings as a bell when comes out of the oven when done with patience :grin:

This piece will require about 80 hours in the oven with slowly rising and long holding temperature times,

Health issue is going to be cumbersome… 1: a pain in the neck, nerve pinched, left arm and same time the nerve leading to the heart…
2: high risk for DVT
Both still under control, but…

6 Likes

Koen, thanks for the answers to my questions, The DVT sounds kind of nasty, will be adding you to our (mine and my wife’s) prayer list.

4 Likes

For me it was a problem of poorly balanced teething, the lack of molar, made me work the front teeth, which caused an overactivity of the muscles in the cervical which manages to pinch the nerve that controls the arm and the heart, so I went to the dentist and gave me money, and everything became normal in a week.
I know how painful it is when I tell you that you are the same creature.

6 Likes

Found some stuff in the scrapyard… they might come in handy… 2,5" pipe and about 60" long and 8" diameter

10 Likes

STUFF? Heck, that’s TREASURE!:star_struck:
Pepe

4 Likes

Getting the rig back up and red hot…

Testing heating up slowly towards the 1000ºC marker

9 Likes

Good too see your still Geting around, how is your new insulated test unit, it looks hot enough too throw a percentage of bambo chunks in too cool flame temps. Or is it running much hotter with the ceramic blanket added and insulated outer, than your all metal units.

1 Like

Besides playing around…

Now toy arrived…

Fuel Injection conversion kit with full programable ECU, dual fuel capable, auto switch over, wideband sensor capable… for 1 cylinder engines…
Injector timing from and quantity controllable from 0 to 100%,

Finally, they decided to listen to my inquiry… :grin:

Lemons please…

13 Likes

Engine size range usability, Please?
Regards
Steve Unruh

3 Likes

Hi Steve,

Full range 1 cylinder engines, i have seen throttlebody size 60 mm available.
ECU can handle 2 injectors

The body in the picture is for my trike, its a 30 mm, with map, IAT and TPS sensor
I will scan the documentation and post it.

This shop has a lot of parts available to modify bikes, as valves, cam, pressure regulators for gasoline etc…

5 Likes

This is great Koen, for the single and double piston engines that run on wood or charcoal gasifiers. Keep us posted on this application and findings on how you will use it. It sounds like the trike is going to be going down the road with better performance in the near future.
Bob

5 Likes

i have to find use for this beauty… This original cover ID is 4"
The set is the top of a generator / radiator… heavy aluminium…

10 Likes

Building some scrap into?

9 Likes