Gassifer to power Engine

Hi Guys,

I purchased a Dead gassifer plant recently with a 400Kw engine. The system was corroded and demaged we spend a quiet a good time repairing the system. When fired the gassifer produces good smoke and when the smoke is lighted it produces a good blue flame but the happiness doesn’t last long the flame dies 20 mins of operation. Then white smoke comes out of the chimney and the system heat goes way up.

Any advices from you guys are appriciated

2 Likes

Hello,

for advice, you need photos.

cordially

1 Like

hi Faazil,
Check the grate shaker and or the fuel shaker… most likely you have bridgeforming inside the gasifier
(no more fuel dropping down and or cavity forming just above the reduction zone )

3 Likes

Do you need photos of the smoke or gassifer

1 Like

Yes, fuel was once stuck above the reduction zone. Therefore we did some poking and the whole think collapsed and fell into the grate. How can i avoid the jamming. I am using rice husk also about 20 percent

1 Like

Photo of gasifier without fuel, and a picture of all, I’m curious, when there is vault, it is important to mix the fuels with different density to avoid this problem and also to use the driest fuel possible. then with the photos to see if you have no perforation with a long time without activity, because the vinegar of the wood is very corrosive.

3 Likes

I see, i will share you the pictures tommrow as i am out on vacations today. The perforation in steal was all rectified and pressure tested for leaks. We suspect there is air intake from the airlocks installed in the cyclones. The temperate is above 350C when we remove the fly ash. I have uploaded the vedio that i have at moment of the flame

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L1S21mn-O1nUP-nxBSe7q3_C0gED5Hts/view?usp=drivesdk

1 Like

The video does not appear viewable.

I believe the only way to upload a video here is to upload it to YouTube first, and then post the link here.

Regards,

1 Like

Sorry for that. The YouTube link is attached below

1 Like

whats the suitable wood chip size and moisture that is to be feed to the gassifer

1 Like

If you are in a country in the sun, it is easy to dry your wood on a black tar yard that absorbs the temperature of the sun, from time to time to scratch with a tool the wood in such a way to turn it with a tool of garden finally have a humidity around 10%, for the size of your gasifier, I think about 30x90 mm grain size, but photos of the entire device will allow me to properly assess your needs, while telling me the types of fuel you have.

3 Likes

8 Likes

The humidity of the wood chip is about 20-30%. Sometimes randomly reaches 50 will it be a problem. And size varries about between 14mm x14mm

1 Like

The system doesnt have a vibrator to shake the grate. The ash moves to the screw through gravity. But ash never comes out though the screw.

1 Like

question /

is there a lid on top of the gasifier ?.

In any case, you have to lower the moisture content of your fuel, the more dry you are, the warmer the temperature and the better the gas, all the firemen in the world will tell you that the water extinguishes the fire.

so provide a platform for drying where a ventilated shed ect …

and give me the characteristics of your fuel to develop a mixture.

3 Likes

holy mother of all filtration systems… I am sure you get really clean gas with that.

I would try cutting down on the moisture, it is most likely caking since hot wet small pieces of cellulose have a tendency to stick together.

I am guessing it will still bridge with lower moisture content just not as often. You might need to add something to poke or stir it every once in a while. You could monitor for temp and when it starts to go up poke it.

3 Likes

There is no Lid on top of the gassifer. at the moment we use about 100Kg wood and 30 kg rice husk. Problem is we dont have a dryer system.Characteristic mean can you kindly clarify it. The flame in the system is not visible sometimes can i know the reason for this

1 Like

Gas is clean but we are getting alot of water, tar and mosture in the gas And we cannot keep the flame constant. I will design a stir device and keep you posted

1 Like

That filtration system should be taking all of the tar out. it is massive with multiple cyclones.

I was just thinking like ring with rods that can fall into it for a stirrer.

You could be operating it wrong. It might be designed to run as an open top gasifier like the Drizzler, you need a bed of char build up underneath to get it to work right. Then, you have to be careful about the feed rate so you maintain the fire on top… You might not have enough char built up. Rice hulls have a really high ash content which causes bridging well.

The DriZzleR - open top gasifier

2 Likes

As far as a drying system. you can lay them out on a tarp in the sun a few inches thick, and they should dry out fairly fast. You can get fancier and cover it in plastic to trap heat in, or even a barrel but you need airflow to let the moisture out.

2 Likes