Generator-Gas Book from Switzerland 1944

Dear Community,
Koen suggested to share a link for the book, as I have often cited it already.
So here it is:

PIN: CH1944
It is very comprehensive, from scientific background to practical applications and discussion of different designs.
BUT it is written in German and the scan is sometimes of modest quality.

So I suggest that we can use this thread to discuss any questions related to this book, may it be language and translation problems or technical aspects.
Regards,
Til

6 Likes

Hi Til,
Tried to download 3 times now, it makes a zip file that would not extract because damaged data.

1 Like

Hi Koen,
this is weird. Sorry. If I use the link it works for me.

Anyone else had Koen’s problem with downloading it? Or worked it for others?
Any suggestions how to solve it?

1 Like

Worked good here…

1 Like

It worked for me. Only problem my translate will not work not sure why.
Bob

1 Like

Thanks Tilman
It was a Swiss who is the only documented to have developed and flew on a chargas in-plane system.

J.O. and BobMac how many pages does this download into??
10 cents USD a page to have this hard copied down loaded for me at my public Library.

Thanks, all
tree-farmer for fuels Steve unruh

1 Like

262 pdf pages. The original paper book has twice that number.

1 Like

Hi Koen, do you have the opportunity to try another browser or computer? Or do you have limited data? It’s an 30 MB pdf.

Maybe because this scan is more like a photograph and not a text-document. There is some free OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software availlable. Tray to search it in the web. With this you can extract the text and let the computer translate it.

You’re welcome. I have seen some pictures of this plane. Amazing what you can do with a gas generator system.

3 Likes

Thank you for this great book. I’m trying to get into my google docs account so i can translate. Google is NOT cooperating?!

1 Like

Hi Bruce,
you are welcome. Never tried it on Google.

1 Like

It downloads just fine. Google Translate fails because the document is too large.
Forty years ago, I lived in Germany, so I can read some of what is written, but it would be nice to have an English translation. I did notice some fins on a copper nozzle in a charcoal gasifier. Still reading…

1 Like

Hi,Tilman!
Thank you for the book! It shows as 30,8 MB.
It took many excursions to find and download; Firefox on Yahoo = nothing.
Then Google, brought me to Webb.de, which said: You are using a forbidden address!
Then a few more rounds with Google with another identity check,
and then it came up in two versions: zip and pdf.
I am on the pdf.
Thank you a lot!
It’s like reading the classic Swedish GENGAS from 1950, but seems to have many different aspects; commenting after reading a long while!..
Once more, Thank You!

3 Likes

Thank you Sir!

My RaspberryPi and Chromium had no problem downloading it.

Check the file
Click on download
Type in Pin

Thanks, time to open the file.

1 Like

I used another browser, went thru in 10 seconds… time to read now :grinning:

2 Likes

I have the PDF, Thanks, Til! I can certainly look at the pictures and diagrams!
Charcoal gasifier lid designs on P.19, Wood gasifier lids on P.20! :relaxed:

3 Likes

@Til
This is a top notch book , thanks for sharing, lucky me i have no trouble reading and understanding german.
it is very comprehensive, with a very detailed explanation on different aspects.
So, as far as my spare time allows me, i will help to answer questions and translate.

:+1: * 1000 for this book

7 Likes

Hey everyone, Koen, can translate it for us, hope he can speak all the languages that every one speaks on this site. I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN GERMAN IN HIGH SCHOOL.
Bob

1 Like

Bob,
I took German in high school, but it is not helping me much. On page 47, I do see “air nozzles for charcoal gasifiers” including a massive “flake resistant steel” nozzle, a copper nozzle, nozzle with metal coolant, water cooled nozzle and air cooled nozzle.

5 Likes

I cant open the link. It just opens a icone saying “warnung”.

1 Like

Does it have pictures for us that don’t speak/understand German and still gain some information TomC

1 Like