Gilmore style?

Mmm Gary,

I think a wood gasifier could run on charcoal only ?

Perhaps but what would be the point? It would need a different setup, I know my generator will not run when there is no wood pyrolysing.

Yeah, there is no point in changing a working system…
Today i learned something from another study here in Thailand, almost the same principle which i wanted to use with the rice husks…
Something i would definitely try…
Same time in preparation for next week, also making another project… a rubber tapping knife, motorized… inventions on demand :wink:

Gilmore style on wheels…
After a lot off kicks, the engine runs and gave me a great feeling driving without dyno-fuel…

monday i will post the video’s, here is a still picture, ready for take of

The engine was very weak, ( clock stopped counting at 97800 Kms ) with a lot of engine trouble, still managed to drive it with the gasifier
Engine Honda 110 cc with half automatic 4 gear

Preparing the fuel for the test drive
Bamboo charcoal, cut in small pieces and meticulous checked with a caliper :wink:
http://jamclasses.drbanjo.com/static/dimages/DPP_0197.JPG
http://jamclasses.drbanjo.com/static/dimages/DPP_0198.JPG
http://jamclasses.drbanjo.com/static/dimages/DPP_0199.JPG

Preparing the fuel for the test drive
Bamboo charcoal, cut in small pieces and meticulous checked with a caliper :wink:

During start up with the bamboo charcoal on the bike, i did find the nozzle tip was covered with molten charcoal from the excessive vacuum pulled by the vacuum suction blower.
Changed the tip and reduced the airspeed during startup. another lesson learned.

New gismo added after the test ride, a stainless coil on the outside on the reactor, to drip in water and…
should be up and running before the exhibition
Very tight fit, had to counter force it to open it width enough to fit on the outside of the reactor.
water dripping + exhaust gasses will be “super” heated before they enter the reactor… ( i hope )

Here some more pictures from the Drive on Wood show :wink:
I will post the movies on Monday

Good Job,
Looks like fun!

Garry

Hey Koen ,

I like it!!

KVL, That is quite a load for that little old worn-out engine! Regarding the water drip, you might try a column of filtered rain water above a 1/8" needle valve that would drip into your heated stainless steel coil. With a three foot column, it looks like you could vary the flow rate between 10 and 100 mL/Minute. Here is a link to a project that got a steam exit velocity of 180 m/sec., with a maximum flow rate of 0.09 mL/sec. http://stoves.bioenergylists.org/stovesdoc/Andreatta/Continuous_Flow_Steam_Generator.pdf They were injecting the steam through a 0.050" drilled hole. Hopefully, this reduce the chances of flooding with excess water, and you could start the drip only when the coils are hot enough to make steam. What are you doing with the end of the tubing that enters the charcoal reactor? What size hole do you have in the end of the tubing?

No one there would even think there was anything unusual with that bike, except a Farang (westerner) riding it.

Do you think you can carry enough fuel to do a visa run?

Hi Garry, Ray, Wayne, Gary, all…
The bike is extremly worn out on his piston rings. I was amazed it started any way…
I will upload the video’s later on, had quit a few try 's to start for it actualy was able to drive…
The coil is a 3/4" pipe , stainless for almosst free (7$)
I will try to connect it to the T 3/4" on the lightning port, but with a leak porting downwards. This for avoiding liquid entering the reactor without it being vaporised.
The amount of water will be determined by the heat i will use and partial calculated on a theoretical value of air replacement.
Important will be as DJ once wrote; “its the amount of power you realy use whats count”
The set can be stripped down from his legs and be bolted on the back of the side car and i think i can run it with only one filter housing…
That would give me place for sufficient charcoal to do a visa run :-p

Probably cost well under 1000 Baht to put a new set of rings in the motor even if you paid someone to do the job.

Gary, yeah, but that would be just for starters… what else could be needed… you know Thailand and maintnance…

Gary, the people around here, they are all aware what this farang is doing… but they don’t stop being amazed…

Ok, the first video’s me finaly being DOW :wink:

And with the lady on the back seat

Hey Koen,
Great videos, really enjoyed the laughter!
Nice work keep them videos coming.
TerryL

Good work Koen …Enjoyed the videos