Gilmore style?

I installed this gas flow meter to give me an exact read out of the gas flow i am pulling ot the gasifier.
Works great and gives me a good insight

What is the range travel distanc goal on that baby / looks like quality work .

What is the range travel distanc goal on that baby / looks like quality work / how much wood does the 2.5 k generator use in 5 hours / THANKS ,COEN.

My sets are running on Charcoal
It takes about 0,5 kg per KwH ( less with full water drip)

Working on cam shaft timing and valve lift improvement. ( adding 2mm valve lift, 9 ° advanced )
Ported the intake from 9 mm to 13 mm
Fitting 1/2" ball valves
Making a pick up sensor for Rpm and digital ignition home made CDI unit

1 Like

Hereby a drawing with the main dimensions from the RET Gasifier.
For those who want to start building one…

2 Likes

That looks very doable. Is the cross section area of the nozzle a critical factor to hp. I plan on using the 8hp 5kw gen set I currently have.

1 Like

Koen,
Al D. had a simple fire set up in Arkansas at the meet up. We sprayed water in the ignition port with a spray bottle with a fine mist and a direct stream. We were unable to notice any increase in gas. Do you have any idea as to what we were missing?

1 Like

Yes, the size of the nozzle is a critical factor.
If you can give me some detail about your engine displacement and RPM, i can give you a pre- calculated size for starters.
Are you running it with standard carb or something modified ?

1 Like

There are a few possibility’s:
-Running already on the “rich side” and at a “choked” level from carburator restriction
( once my gas was so rich it needed the gas tube disconnected to give it more air )
-Your air intake valve might be on the small size, so not enough air to increase the RPM

• The engine was already running at high rpm ?
  • The temperature in the reactor was to low to convert it into H2 ?

i will work on a explanatory how i see things and why i do them the way i do… ( knowledge for the advanced ? )
It might be helpful for those who want to know…

I’m not Carl but what size nozzle would you use for a 458 cc engine running at 2800 rpm with a standard carb?

It is about 300cc and runs at 3600 on a 5kw gen set. It has served my well over the years as we get lots of power outages, 5 days being the longest. Thanks for the help.

working on 4 projects same time… actually the rectangle at the left is a raw wood… going to build a 2 stage raw wood - charcoal gasifier with the rectangle and the second from the right, fire tube with inner stainless coil
the stranger at the far right side and single picture is a long overdue test…
outer cylinder holds the charcoal gasifier, producing gas and heat…
the inner tube is holding waste plastic or waste oils
the gas from the inner tube can be used directly or be routed trough the charcoal bed

Both of you can work in the range from 8 - 10 and 12 mm nozzles ( use the biggest nozzle for full load but start with the smallest )
Since it looks both working with standard carbs and not able to pull the total volume ( volume efficiency) plus the carb will almost never go - stay at full throttle…
second benefit is : if temperature apears to be “to hot” then the egr can reduce better ( starving the oxygen ) or the water drip becomes more effectivefor producing H2 and tempering the nozzle…

of the above gasifier in the picture

I’m planing to take the carb off and mount it on a “T” to make it a dual fuel system.

About the nozzle size and more…
I keep my nozzle speed at idle >25M/sec
The water-steam keeps the klinker soft.
Also the temperature can be held in check with either EGR or water drip
I use any possible heat loss to pre heat whatever i want to get into the reactor…
The vertical nozzle pointing to the feedstock and the gas output at the top section of the gasifier, retaining the heat in the feedstock
temperature exit gas +/- 40°C

they build the second trike by them selves…
still a few problems to solve, but looking great
they did hide the filters under the chassis and made the gasifier small sized, but lets give it a go…
green is beautiful…

1 Like

Look good Koen, Hardly know it is there. How long will it run between fuel fills?

The tank is really “small”, about 6 liters
My guess they can drive about 20 miles before to refill, but test will show…
I just got this one today, have to make it run…
They had it started, but experienced some beginners issue’s…

Anyhow, i have to prepare 6 different setups for the “provincial” innovation exhibit , by the 15Th next month
The trike, the 2,5 kw gen set, the small baby cooker, the small 12 v gen set with battery and converter, one set with water pump, and the plastic waste to energy set…
The 12V set, i want to install that on a small “golfcart” driven by battery and dc motor, charging the battery with the small GX35-gasifier set