Gilmore style?

My next build would be with the “floating coil” inside the reactor. tubing size 5/4", keeping the windings about 1/4" apart for heat absorption.

the heat from the burn would be retained by the charcoal, not to much of “hot” zones outer walls :wink:

Maybe i would try to fit the coil in a 55 Gallon tank.

mmm… your question did provoke my imagination…

i hope the quality is ok

they are already building another way to crunch the charcoal…

The director from the state department Nong Khai
visiting us for promoting the possibility’s of the technology.

For us to develop small units… a small challenge and making huge leap forward

The Co2 Converter build is getting shape

Installing 2 Kw gen set and a lot of tubing…

The director of the energy department , visiting the workshop, looking at the “baby” model gasifier ( 0,2 - 1 Kwh )
for the recharging of the battery ( 37cc Honda ) and for a small cooking unit

Today in color, ready for its first burn in…
The “baby” green waste charcoal gasifier.
For very small engines and for cooking.
approx 50 liter gas per minute…

what kind of fan and burner do you use for cooking?

The airpump is shown on the picture = an pump for aquarium, tuned a bit.

second picture is a charcoal shaker on solar power , a student build it.

me looking sweaty and charcoaled…

student with his “Co2 to energy converter” T-shirt

Tomorrow the director of the energy department is comming to pick up his Gismo to show it in Bangkok.
Same time he already foreseen a budget to make a large build, 250 Kwh charcoal to electric plant…
input for the charcoal = bamboo…

working hard in convincing people…
ministery from Bangkok energy department is comming friday…

1 Like

Very nice ! Keep up the good work !
Thanks Patrick

Thanks for the picture Koen

Thanks for making a difference, Koen! What you’re doing is presenting solutions that will change peoples lives.

What Troy said!

I can’t drill for and refine oil, but I sure can grow and harvest trees. Koen, your real-world proven results speak for themselves.

lets build some more…

I have approximately 150 gal. of charcoal stored up with the potential for 100 more tomorrow. I have been deep in developing a gasifed truck-- not a WK design. Now with all of this charcoal I am starting to think about powering a generator and or a lawn mower with charcoal gasifier. Just watch that TV station video of you demoing your unit. A few questions that come to mind. 1) do you always use the charcoal when it is crushed so fine? 2) how are you cooling your gas in the burn area. I don’t see an exhaust being directed to the air inlet. I remember reading about you using water drip. It appears that you have a copper tube wrapped around your “fire tube” with water going into it. It is directed into the bottom of the “fire tube” (?) Does the vaporization of the water force the steam into the fire, or does vacuum pull the water/steam into the fire. (3) It appears that you are using plastic fixtures where the gas exits your generator. Is the gas really that cool at that point? (4) Finally, I think, what kind of filter material do you have in the blue tubes to filter the gas?
I’m sure you have covered all of this in great detail in your 400+ posts but I’m too lazy to go back and read all of the post.TomC

1. the finer the better, it keeps the density in the bed , keeps it free flowing and keeps the heat in check ( i use anything bigger then dust and smaller then 1/4" , Sieved on 2 deck 1/2" and 1/20", also trying to develop a wind sieve for the dust )
    The smaller, the more reactive your charcoal gets
  2. by using smaller nozzles and adjusted water drip, the vapor gets sucked in… the smaller nozzle keeps the heat focussed, the water keeps it tempered, i aim for a range between 1200°C and ash melting point. the vertical nozzle prevents metal contact, the water not super heated, keeps the nozzle cool and the klinker soft.
  3. yes the temperature is that low, it is ambient when i drive with the bike and a bit higher when i am stationary, when the tank is getting low level , it reaches about 55°C
  4. foam, steel wool, and charcoal, finaly a motorcycle filter. we will use a cyclone in future development as a pre-filter.

http://youtu.be/taRRH2fdqqU

running smooth

could not wait until tomorrow… of the plain, in the car and paid us first an surprise visit …
They also promised to support further developments…
Tomorrow to present further in the department office Nong Khai

the little one barking out its flames

Nice “little one” Koen. How long will it run on a fill? I’d like to see a video of the start up procedure from filling, to light up, to making gas for the stove. Do you have a video showing that? Thanks for sharing.

Not sure if they taped a few shots on video yet, will ask them.
Tomorrow i will check how much fuel i used so far, yesterday evening it ran 2 hours during the visit from Bangkok.
Estimated power output: 0,2- 1KwH, but have to wait for equipment to measure quantity and quality of the gas.
The air-pump is “China quality” and needs improvement or replacement.

The little one is build on request, a bit smaller then i would like it to have build, but it became nice.
Crazy enough it run’s and “bark out” its flames…