Gilmore style?

Koen,
I noticed you have this running indoors. How long does it take from start u to getting a usable flame? Can a person handle this after shut down to move it outside to cool down? I’m just concerned that people don’t think it’s safe to run indoors without proper ventilation.
Very cool little unit though.I may be interested in something like this. Sounds like it would run on the char from a wood gas ash dump?

its not really “indoors” its an outside “bathroom” with open roof (4"space between the walls and the roof)
we carried the “little one” inside just to be able to see the flames on the movie and the still pictures.

Next i 'll post a picture from the outer surroundings from the “workshop”
( basically my residence on the campus site )

No problem Koen. That little unit is neat. Is it hard to build? Are there available plans? :slight_smile:

Hi Bill , at the background left side you’ll see the mentioned “bathroom”
At the foreground a sneak pre-view of the teaching module…

this one shows a bit more ( nice ) of the testing-learning-exhibition unit
all manual actuated valves and indicators
(most people are still “analog” perceiving)

The “little” is very easy to build,
i used a 4Kg gas bottle, welded two t_junctions on top and bottom ( 2-1/2" * 3/4")
Bottom cap with 3/4" thread and a stainless nozzle 4mm ( secure welding required )
Top Cap, PE . gas outlet 3/4" reduction nipple
Suction device : a small 50L/min aquarium air pump ( but pretty sure its much less )
Full tank is + - 1,5Kg charcoal able to use about 0,5 Kg

the set almost ready

1 Like

What size engine is that, and what kind of run time will you get.

Engine is Honda GX200 (200 cc)
generator rated at 2,5 kwh
runtime about 5 hours
this set is meant for teaching and demonstrations

The “little boy” in a small “home set”
The Green waste Thai Gasifier feeds either the cooking unit or charges the 12V battery-inverter set, the small solar panel, keeps the battery alive when no electricity is needed.
The Engine, Honda GX37, from a weed-wacker drives a car generator with an output of 30 Amps
A perfect solution for small house needs.

that’s awesome.

Hi Koen,
Same comments and kudos as those already posted. Additionally I would like to know exactly what you are using as a “transmission” between motor and generator. I see the final drive is a hexagonal socket that fits onto the generator pulley bolt, I assume.
Thanks, Pepe

You’r correct, Its an hexagonal “pipe wrench” , slipping over the pulley bolt , with in the axial length , central in the pipe wrench, the connection rod into the honda fly-wheel clutch, keeping both parts as original as possible.
I use the gas -tank from the engine as Cussion, ( suspended in rubber ) and bolted that to the bottom frame…
In future i would like to make a “precision” part on a lathe, but first testing this :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice set up.Is that a 2 cycle engine? if so how are you oiling it? Someone a while ago ask about running 2 cycles on wood. Thanks AL

I believe a Honda GX37 is a four cycle. It was me that was trying to run an old Lawn Boy 2-cycle. Right now I’m still trying to get the thing to run on gasoline. Once that’s stable, the idea I have is to try to rig up some way to inject 2-cycle oil into the carb through the primer bulb tube. I think there were a lot of older 2-cycle dirt bikes that had something similar, but I know nothing about motorcycles.

This is a picture I found of a European gasified motorized bicycle that had a 2 cycle engine.
Notice the oil drip canister on the intake that oils the crankcase and piston. Notice also the compression release valve next to the spark plug which allows the operator to pedal the bike using the engine as a pump to get the gasifier up to temperature.

Yes it is a 4 stroke 37cc engine,
Don, that picture is awesome, it shows anything can be done or has been done already…
So … no worry’s,… try it,… it will work…

Hi, Koen! Yes and yes! Still it is a two-cycle Austrian Victoria motor used in Sweden.

Have read the article years ago. They succeeded to get it going after extended pedalling…

Max

the first start up from the tricycle, the first day they got the gasifier

a tuk tuk…still buried under rubbish, been used as a little lorry with a water tank mounted on it
My dream…