Gilmore style?

That little buggy is cool! I might have to build one :slight_smile:

Thanks for the graphic on the CO2 converter… It really puts things into perspective.

Koen;
Did I miss where the CO2 generator is detailed??
Troy;
The experiment with char-coaling the wood chips fascinated me. I tried a small sample last year but my results were not so good.

You guys are doing great work!
Thanks
Garry

Hi Garry,

It’s all about having a hot surface closer than 6-7 inches any from any chip in the retort… We think our new modification – adding fins that extend out into the pile – will even work better. We have yet to test it.

What Koen is doing with CO2 is far more fascinating – and important :slight_smile:

Koen; Was the little red car one of the exhibits you mentioned a couple of post ago? From the looks of the design , you must have had something to do with it but you seem to give all the credit to a technical group. A couple of more pictures showing the filter system and I didn’t see any batteries to store the electric energy. Very interesting project.TomC

Yes its a build of mine, but i enjoy giving them the credit… ( the 12 V set mounted on a small golf cart idea )
its not finished yet, filters to be constructed and installed, the battery comes between the 2 seats and then testing.

Its a Co2 convertor. not a Co2 generator :wink:

Basically it is a converter all the way… :stuck_out_tongue:
Converts carbon into mono, dio, oxides and energy…
damn, i like these hotty’s

1 Like

I agree about the converter. I had just finished enlarging the image showing the generator fed by the converter and gasifier. But still I wonder where the info on the converter is? Have you detailed it and I missed it in this thread. I remember a discussion about the info coming but not the actual info??
The older I get the better my forgetter works.
Garry

There is no released detailed info about this converter since it is patent pending.
There was some commotion from sceptici calling me out on this, stating that there was no way Co2 could be converted back into energetic gas…
Turns out that it can be done :wink: ( by their own admission )
Details will be published at the time the Invention will be published ( patent )

The patent rights are for the benefit of the educational institutes and to protect the local markets for the manufacturing.
No need for China copy’s in US or elswhere, US build in US, CHina can build in China, Europe in Europe…
Thailand will build in Thailand
I just teach :wink:
This diagram was for indicating the perspective of possibility’s
more about my work at www.renewableenergythailand.com and www.facebook.com/renewableenergythailand

showing the world the benefits from using wood as fuel will decrease opposition against it

1 Like

I am sitting here recuperating from a hard days labor in the hot sun so I just Googled CO2 reduction. The first thing was the reduction to formic acid which is explosive with a nickel catalyst. The reactions just go on and on. It seems everybody in a university anywhere wants to make fuel from CO2. It is a whole subject I did not know existed. I hope you have cracked the secret and the technology is affordable and reliable. Good Luck in your patent quest.
Garry

The secret was cracked long time ago… affordable and reliable…
Just now using old knowledge with new technology brings it to a point that its easy and useable.
You can build it at home…

and cooking at the same time…
Using all kind of feedstock, not wasting BTU’s :stuck_out_tongue:
Based on TLUD
Also implementing a thermoelectric element, once fired up , this element takes over the fan
The charcoal obtained from this process is perfect for the gasifiers…
we tested sugar cane and rice husk already.
For the rice husk we make a modification in the TLUD, making it an BLUD ( Bottom lit up draft )
With the BLUD , you use all feedstock for making cooking gas, no wasted biochar…

Koen, when you say thermal electric element, are you referring to a TEG? If so, where and how are you using it? How much electricity does it make? When I finish my truck build, want to implement that on my system some how. I bought a dozen TEGs and heat sinks to go with them.
My thoughts are to maybe use these with some TECs and maybe cool down the gas to lose a little more moisture before the engine.

1 Like

Yes TEG.
On the picture my friend holds a voltmeter, we have about 1,5 volt and connected that to a upper to feed the fan from the cooker.
using the hot side near the heat source as close as possible ( 300°C ) and the sink, cold side, in the ingoing airstream at 30°C would produce 2 amps , 3,6 volts. its all about what TEG you use and where you install it.

Koen; Are these pictures taken in the Nong khai Technical lab? Is that all you have to work with? What about the welding etc. how are you doing that.TomC

This is in front of my house at the campus
These guy’s are from automation classes.
As we just started with the gasification group, there is a lot of planning ahead and budgets to ask for.
The little experiments i prefer to do them exactly where i do them now, closely supervised by me.
For more difficult things i have acces to the other departments, but very bureaucratic for the moment

I have a lot of hand tools and welder available, its a challenge and my nickname now here is Mcgiver.

1 Like

i rebuild their trike to my standard configuration.
Now preparing for testing with gasoline and charcoal.
calculated the nozzle size between 4 and 6 mm ( they tend to run on very low rpm )
stripped the tank, porting and valve timing
after the initial testing will modify ignition ( cdi)
still have to work on some wiring for the lights and the blower, but looking good so far

Very interesting! It appears that a loop of tubing under the reactor assembly is holding the whole thing in place? Do you also have some other mounting tabs? Also, those rear wheels are interesting, and seem to be very old. Some of the “spokes” have parts cut out? Are the wheels made of steel or cast aluminum? Thanks for posting.

The whole reactor is standing on a steel ring, welded to the frame of the bike, a second ring is holding the neck of the set, just below the filling cap at the top.
The tubing around the reactor is for pre-heating the water into steam, before entering at the bottom nozzle intake.
The wheels are steel, the cut outs are rusted away parts…
The Trike is old… many repairs to do before its to “our” standards, but for here this is normal…

KEEP US POSTED /WERE ALL LEARNING.you could make some taxy cash with that trike before long.YOU could use that here in michigan ,except for winters.

Hello… i have read all thread … all interested but … I have few suggestions about. In the middle of thread I have found that you have received charcoal pellet… do you have tested? However the main problem is the dimension of gasifier. Instead to put all the charcoal inside the gasifier why don’t refill in the time with charcoal pellet similarry to an pellet stove with an cochlea? Using that method you solve also gas purification. About air ,water and exaust gas… as you know inside air is present also 78% of nitrogen, in normal condition this is an inert gas but if you add simply an catalyst inside the gasifier all chemical reactions changes… if you use air, water, exaust gas and catalyst you obtain some CH4, NH3 and CO in output port. For purification and for safety I suggest to use an bubbler, gas is bubbled and cooled inside the water and is also an safety device. An Loop Charcoal Gasifier is surely the right way…