Gilmore style?

Hello Koen, just a question about your CO2 converter… it’s an mechanical or an electrical device?

HI Koen,
Finally from your words “Syngas can be used to make other Hydro carbon fuels” I understand how your CO2 converter work… is based just on simple thermo-chemical reaction of syngas in presence of CO2 with an partial oxydation… In fact you sacrifice the syngas to get much more fuel gas but for enhance this thermo-chemical reaction you can add inside the reactor an catalyst. However this reaction isn’t new. Regards Marco

testing the gasifier and the engine … 1

i kept running it for ever…
temperature output gas was as low as ambient… 35°C
the water drip not yet installed and driving with open lightning port… amazing what’s possible with charcoal

Thanks for your comments, i will look into it.

HI Koen,
You don’t have replied about my questions , however exist another method for split CO2 without an thermo-chemical reaction… I have spent two years to research how make an chemical plasma (no electricity) and this is the result… I use just few grams of wood pellet ,not charcoal pellet, and Im able to extract all energy from including creosote, co2, water, etc… all is converted inside the reactor… when i reach the drop point of plasma all purified and invisible gas come outside and when impact with the hot air burn immediately… this is new type of plasma gasifier with very small dimensions… I don’t use propane, methane or other burnable gas… the blue flame is just nitrogen plasma http://chemistry.about.com/od/elementfacts/a/nitrogenfacts.htm. Plasma can split all molecules including CO2 and H2O and an final result inside the reactor I obtain charcoal!! When I cover the energetic blue flames with an SS tube you can see the result… In final photo you can see better that I put manually inside the reactor just few grams of pellet.

Marco, are you adding outside energy to the gas (compressed air, electricity, heat, etc) to generate the plasma or is it generated by the pyrolysis heat from the pellets alone? What is this simple catalyst you talk about?
thanks, David

Sorry, but this topic is not about your work.
This topic is about the gasifier i developed for poor people.
The Co2 converter is a spin off.
So please… put your work and progresses in its own topic…

Koen…we are talking of wood gasifiers… your is standard wood gasifier for poor people and mine is the wood gasifier of future … initially you have started this thread sharing free informations and after you make patent for CO2 converter for make business… however no problem… I have understand fully how your CO2 converter work. no need to open an new thread for my gasifier. People can build simply an similar CO2 converter like yours… They can simply study this patent and use wood gasification as fuel instead of an hydrocarbon fuel. This is free information for all people… http://www.google.com/patents/US4735186

This is the charcoal section, please move your wood gasifier related comments to the appropriated section.
i am glad you fully understood my work, benefits for the poor and for the education.

Koen… Just a simple question based on your system…

If you are able to process the CO2 why you don’t return back the CO2 from exaust gas of engine eliminating completely the charcoal from your reactor doing an CLOSED LOOP ENERGY SYSTEM?? An reply from you is appreciated. Regards

1. Stop trolling.
  2. It is here a charcoal gasifier topic.
    if i would only gasify co2 then the tread should be moved to the co2 gasifier topic
  3. Since your statement is that you fully understand the co2 converter, then you are trolling. Stop with that PLEASE

Koen… New thread on CO2 converter is open … http://www.driveonwood.com/forum/1722 I’m wating an your reply about.

Lets keep this on topic only…

First testing from the dual set.
After this picture i redirected the fumes into the bottom nozzle and did start playing…
the color of the flame from the cooking set gives a good indication from the gas quality…

played with water as well, next i will also try used cooking oil :stuck_out_tongue:

today doing some minor modifications and then give it to the students to prepare their presentations…

results are promising, want to try it on an engine

Koen Don’t you put a cap on the top to stop the gas from escaping?TomC

This picture was taken at start up, its just fumes from the plastic inside that tank.
That tank is enclosed separated from the gasifier.
The heat from the gasifying process will pyrolyse the content of the inner tank.

After the picture was taken, i did experiment with hoses and adjusting the suction, passing the fumes trough the nozzle…
Wow, what a fun, looking the flames changing color…
poored a few spoons water into that tank…

don’t try it at home… i am the expert in doing things wrong, but all went well :wink:

posting this picture to honor those who do build and do find way’s

There is alway’s a way to obtain the right results and there is more then one way…

Took the Skylab Trike for a spin around the city
Amazing looks everywhere and no Charcoal at the gas station…

Here a picture in front of the provincial Police headquarters.
More pictures @https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.398030860344452.1073741830.234793800001493&type=1&pnref=story

I think you have a knack for making ordinary charcoal gasifiers look like extraordinary modes of transportation.

Today Channel 5 from Thai TV came …
6 hours early, not a shower, no time for decent clothes, just go for it…
I hope for a link soon
we even took the bike to a trip in the city for going out eating with the class, 6 persons on the back…
SWEM