Gohin Poulenc

Wow François Pal! Great eye, and knowledge, very cool. Sad he was captured.

Pic below shows French resistance fighters

Viva la Résistance!

1 Like

His sacrifice has not been in vain, it must be a grain of wheat moving in the earth in the spring it gives a wheat

1 Like

erreur:His sacrifice was never useless, there must be a grain of wheat killing in the earth in the spring it gives an ear of wheat

1 Like

I found this beautiful photo, a Ford V8 wood gasifier in Sweden during WW2.

Presentation of a wood gasifier brand DULHOSTE: first photo of the bottom of the dolly with hooks held the ashes of the grid

the lower part of the gasifier wood left hooks for maintenance of the grid, at the top left the air supply with the dual parroi around the dolly, two functions the heating air before it enters the dolly and the top keeps the temperature of the dolly, then a small diamond hole sight glass to see inside the home and on the right a trapdoor for ignition kill vaulted wood.

Sur cette photo six buses d"arrivée d’air en décalage sur la hauteur de 2 centimètres de haut en bas, c’est un chiffre pair de ce fait elle ne ce trouve pas directement en face, de même le type imbert, ce sont des chiffres impairs bien qu’au même niveau, alors elle ne sont pas en face pour envoyer l’oxygène.

Diabolo

identification plate DULHOSTE

The hatch with the eye looking down

the eye gaze, the air and the door for cleaning of the ash.

1 Like

The wood gasifier Dulhoste by design mounts in very high temperature, it burns without problem softwood, design very valuable, I hope you have a good read. and thank you to JEAN CLAUDE NADAUD for his collaboration.

1 Like

Thank you for this picture set Pal F.
I ONLY have available to me soft wood fuels. Yes they must be operated at a higher temperature for more complete conversion. And the unit must be able to pass through ~2X the volume of fuel wood chunks to have the same energy output as when fueling on denser fuelwood chunks. Softwoods are generally lower ash woods though.
On the right hand side of the picture is a “T” lock seal with a knob handle on an in and out rod. This is the grate shaker, yes?
The hearth core viewing eye is very interesting to me. Much work to make internal viewing possible. I cannot effectively operate if I cannot see inside for a real time control point. The designer/builder of this believes the same.

Best Regards
Steve Unruh

1 Like

Hello Steve G, it is to shake off the grid nut right at the end of the threaded tube inside there are two half round plastic resists heat, when you intend to move the grid unscrewed and screwed back you you when you’re done to be airtight, if you look closely inside the dolly to make you notice a steel round hollow where the axis of the grid with rest and operated by a set of connecting rod by the rod of the nut. another photo of a logging truck, I love the wood in general, carpenter was my first job that I started at the age of 14 years.

1 Like

Un autre grumier au gazogène bois

1 Like

Presentation of the last Russian wood gasifier, series production ended in 1956. the Ural ZIS 354

1 Like

Bus de la ratp à PARIS durant la ww2 au gazogène bois

2 Likes

Very interesting this ZIS 354 system picture F.Pal
I can sent you a link to some detailed discussion to the ZIS 17 and 18 forestry equipment if you want.
This one it appears the gas cooler is built around the fuel hopper section. Do you agree?
Regards
Steve Unruh

1 Like

hi steve and frances
I saw your russian gasifier pics didn’t the russians have a wet wood gasifier?
I was never able to find much on it but somewhere i think i heard that they had to blow the steam off and then burn the dried wood.
I heard they really did a lot with gasification
if you have any pics i would love to look at them
thanks
Tom M.

The wet wood gasifier comes from a 1952 book :Logging Mechinization in the USSR by A. Koroleff. I borrowed mine from an interloan library system through Michigan State Unniversity. Here are some of my pics from when the woods powered their own harvest.

1 Like