Gohin Poulenc

On the photo above, you could see a move moped engine thanks to a gasifier below the car JEAN FAUCHER a citroen cx imbert the gasifier.

1 Like

Thank you for all these great images! I keep scrolling through them
gleaning ideas.

1 Like

Early 80’s Sawdust gasifier sized to power a small air cooled home generator. Designed and Mfd by Missouri Gasification Systems, Raymond Rissler. Sawdust is periodically poured into the unit through the large red cap in the top left.

http://freedombiomass.com/News/Peak-Biomass-Energy-Research-1983

1 Like

Great picture and article reference you have put up DougB.
I had only seen/read of the sawmill sized “Missouri Gasifier”.
I really like the sensible cooler/condensate/gas wash unit shown in the illustration.
Also in this early 80’s period is a searchable Alaska fellows sawdust engine powering gasifer. He was compacting the sawdust into a center hollow fuel slug then controlled gasified from the inside out. Also the same time frame of the LaFontaine/Fema, India H.S. Mukunda developments, the Hill stove and the others like the Larry Dobson works.
Yep. Lived through this time period too. I was there, involved with DYI electric vehicle work.
ALL KILLED OFF AS YOU SHOW BY PLUMMETING CHEAP OIL. Thats how the smart money people did it back then.
Today the development killing factors will be from then oil and coal companies now morphed into Energy companies in bed with the now evoled organized Urban Eco-Greens to make all biomass (Trees!) harvesting and burning for any reason as “polluting”, “Resource Selfish, Greedy”, and therefore needing registering, regulating and then step by step illeagalized.
I have family in Missouri, Kansas and Texas. They do not see, or live with this . . . . YET.
Living in one of the three west coast “Green” states this has been a reality very apparent since the early 90’s. Many places in California now illegal to burn anything, anytime even in the most advanced fireplaces and woodstoves. They now have the homeowners insurance companies on board with restricting all residence biomass space heating now too. State regs here in “Green” Evergreen Washington are stricter than the Fed EPA or California CARB driving manufactures out of the market and 2-3X driving up the costs of all buyable systems today. State chartered Insurance companies here now buying into restricting any form of “woodheating” now too.
Very apparent this time the smart money does not want to lose the profit dollars suppressing the energy “competition” with price pulldown (our recent single last Spring refinery incedent driving up three state prices for 8 monthe to $4.50-5.00+ a gallon) but use Eco-Greens politics and voters to regulate suppress any supply competition to them in favor of their own controlled “clean”, “lowest carbon emitting” Natural Gas production and supplies monopolies.
The politically active urban Eco-Greens do not seem to realize they are being monopoly used. Not living Rural with thier own solar/bio-mass resources I now often get regionally even locally the attitude commonly that I AM THE greedy resource hoarder.
And I and the other Rural living here think they are just too lazy, self absorbed and indulgent to IPod/electronicaly/Matrix disconnect, put down the pizza pies, green energy drinks and get out and actually hoe the earth to eat and cut some wood to warm with.
Their way is now the anti-thesis of personal human Freedom and Independence. Insect societyists: too busy tweeting, facebook antenna brushing to actually go out and make dirt fly, or welding/fab smoke in the real world. Consumers - not Producers.

Solution? For personal human Freedom keep doing, pushing the regs, the edges, even into DYI energy bootlegging. And as I have to now in Washington state pay actually more per my harvested BTU to retain this personal Independence. Wait for their stupid living off use one time only Earth banked up cheap easy hydrocarbons savings banks to dry up. Keep evolving modern sensible ways to live today, and tomorrow, on the annual energy falling on the face of the planet. Think, live, evolve human sustainably in every day, every way. We are the only species capable of breaking out of the boom and bust population/consumption trap.

Regards
Steve Unruh

1 Like

The charm and chic French, found good in this 1935 Panhard X75 DS to gasifier

PANHARD LEVASEUR

1 Like

Hi Wayne,new guy here from belgium and hello to all members.
I use expat shield to watch bbc,itv,channel4 and australian programs.

Hope it works for you to.

cheers.

Michel.

1 Like

Hello Michel,

Welcome aboard sir! Glad to have you here.

Thanks for the link, we can watch TV together now.

I have never been to your part of the world but in my younger days I trained and handled a lot of Malinois imported form there.

1 Like

At the end of a short text année2012 thanks to all participating diveonwood

Description gazoman

species that was endangered
curious and transported by his passion
renews and revives the mechanical
show locomotion and transmit the magic.

by exériance having suffered the vagaries of the machine
carractÚre any one of humulité resurfaces more than we imagine
it is the perfection that research and sharing
ideas and experiences still benefit

in the hardest times these individuals are
who avoided famine in enslaved peoples
the driving force of the poor finish in oblivion
without gratitude and remembrance; wanted

for him the quest of the Holy graale is this blue flame
it haunts his nights and it absorbs every moment
the ideal gas fire would make him a happy man
then he will have some libertée more than facinating.

December 23, 2011 PAL FRANCOIS

1 Like

En francais

1 Like

GASIFIER GAZAUTO WW2

2 Likes

GAZAUTO TRUCK

2 Likes

The older car is no less ingenious. The 1929 Ford Model A Fordor Tudor was originally sold in Spain after being produced at the Barcelona assembly plant. At some point, most likely in the 1930s, the owner added a gasification system, which essentially produces the car’s own synthetic natural gas as a fuel by means of a wood gas generator. The process uses high temperature to turn a wood-based fuel, usually charcoal, into a burnable gas consisting of hydrogen, carbon monoxide and methane. The synthetic gas can then achieve combustion in the vehicle’s engine. Around this time, Spain was embroiled in a brutal civil war and civilian fuel supplies were severely limited. Fuel rationing during World War II resulted in wood-gas systems finding significant use in Europe, Britain and even the United States. They’re still widely used in parts of China.

1 Like

FORD A

2 Likes

GASIFIER FORD A

2 Likes

I really like this car. It appears to be licensed in Georgia or Florida; so is this a modern picture of this car. Can’t imagine giving up something like 20 percent of the power of a Model A to go to woodgas. They weren’t that powerful to star out. One good thing about converting this Model A to woodgas; I believe this one has the gas tank in the cowl just ahead of the windshield. On these when you went up a long hill the level of the gasoline in the tank got lower than the carburetor and the car would stall. You had to get turned around and back up the hill. Woodgas would solve that problem.

2 Likes

Ready for Spring!!!

2 Likes

Too Cool! I like that sled
 and the tug pulling it.
This has to be my favorite thread on the website
 next to the construction video series. If those were on VHS
 I’d have worn them out by now!
Thanks for all the great pics Francois and Chris,
Tim

1 Like

Hi Tim, Thanks for the very nice comments! Francois shares our passion for the past with excellent info , I enjoy all the comments on this thread and site too.
ChrisS

1 Like

What Amazes me is the fact that I had never heard of gasification until about a year ago. and almost 100% of the people I talk to about it have never heard of it, this should be taught in our high schools, at least the principle’s of it. Awesome history I love it !

1 Like