Gohin Poulenc

I"m pleased to say I’ve been invited to our high school AP course on environmental sciences to demo my rig. I’m really looking forward to it.

1 Like

Thank you all for your nice comment and you too Chris S, you have a real culture of the gasifier, to excuse me for my english, I was not at school that day then juqu’à 14 years’ learned the carpenter.

Hey Carl,

You make us proud!

During WW2, the Russians have developed this skidder finally provide their trucks gasifier military logistics, more than 11,000 of such vehicles were manufactured.

Hi Carl, that is great to hear! It is very important to teach others! Wood gasification is a great start in finding out that there is a lot more about the world yet to learn.

Tracked wood gas is great!

What a great collection of pictures Chris. You should publish a book too, I’d buy it!! Do you know if we need permission to use any of these photos in a classroom setting. I’d like to use some to give a little history.

Carl, I see no reason why these images cannot be used. I used to put up a notice on a page of a site I used to be apart of, that if someone who owned the pictures copyright did not want them displayed, that I would remove if asked, not one request made. I have collected around 4300 pictures over the years, or 2.75 gigs worth.

ChrisS

Bugatti 57 Holzvergaser, the middle pic

1 Like

Absolutely amazing. Can the other Chris link this book to our “Book” reference?

1 Like

Sure, Carl. http://driveonwood.com/resources/books

1 Like

This is how to make some charcoal! YouTube TV

A very nice documentary on a motorcycle gasifier charcoal during ww2 the link:

Excellent find again François! I am glad to put a video to one of my most favored pictures, ChrisS

Chris, what is your take on this motorcycle? Wood or charcoal? or something else? Here is what I see. A cross draft charcoal gasifer that uses a total of three cyclone seperators and a cooler. The gas comes out the generator behind the operator, and to the rear most cyclone on the left hand side of the bike. The gas comes out of that cyclone to the one in front of it. Heavy dust from both of these cyclones are captured in the long horizonal cylinder under neath them. The gas then crosses over to the other side of the bike and into the gas cooler. From there it goes through the cyclone next to the cooler and to the engine. What I did not see was the location of the fan to produce suction to pull the smoke from the generator match into the gasifier.
Gary from Pa

1 Like

Pictures motocycle 1944

Hi Gary, I think it is char power, looked powdery too. I love the fuel storage tubes ! Your description sounds accurate, and check out all those cyclones. The moto had a gas tank, It might have been started on gasoline. It’s such a small gasifier, I think one could just blow on it and get it hot, ha!

I have a soft spot for wood choppers, ChrisS

Summer is welcome!

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like