Historic woodgas tractors

Goran, you continue a nice family tradition, the picture shows that your father was a good designer and had a sense of beauty, it probably worked well as well. The inscription on the workshop does not work for me Sweden, … :+1::thinking:

3 Likes

Hi Tone, no it’s not in family, it’s a customer at work, his father done this tractor, the son, 85 years old, know i use woodgas and gave me this old photo. Anyways this business evolved during the years and is now taken over by my brother (he is not interested in woodgas, by the way :roll_eyes:)
The inscription says: Engine and Forging Workshop. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Goran, I’m already “scared” that this is a mass activity in your country, but as I see it, you, like the rest of us, are just a “village special” (my brother told me as a compliment) :grinning: :+1:

7 Likes

Well said, i take it as a compliment too :smiley:

7 Likes

Rare gems indeed, woodgas operators. At one in a million.

Whereas brothers; and brothers-in-law, are quite common.
I’ve had six in total so far, with only one even mildly interested in wood-for-powers.
S.U.

7 Likes

As the population is going up faster then ever and more and more people are getting into gasification of some way or another, like cooking, generating , vehicle driving, even new ways of heating. It is amazing that we are still only about only 1 out of a million people that do this? I would think by now that number ratio would be going down on the total earth popution ratio? It would be good if it did, maybe with what is going on with all the different types of fuel pricing. They only seem to be going up in costs all across the board in prices and it is now increasing very fast all over the world.
With fuel shortages, and long lines soon to follow. This will surely cause the peoples way of thinking to change. Governments might change their way of thinking if they are wise, when the masses demand it.
EV’s still need in most ways oil, gas, coal to recharge them. The prices are going up so fast that they soon will be out of price range for almost all the people on plant earth. And talk about the battery fires that are happening now. Even in parked vehicles. Not covered by the EV’s companies.
This is a very exciting world we are living in.
I see the WW2 but much improved gasification coming back big time.
Even wood scraps and by products like pruning trimings will be come worth something. Oh just burn it instead. Yes, Yes! Now you have valuable charcoal fuel.
Bob

9 Likes

Download
Download (1)
images (1)

15 Likes

There is a two stroke…

6 Likes

images (2)

5 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

Today, a friend did me a favor and brought me a “new” tractor, which I bought near the Italian border, the owner restored it years ago and saved it from collapse… these are the pictures at the seller’s, when we loaded the tractor, but it is Fiat600 from 1950 with petrol engine 2.3 liters working volume , approx 23 ks , magnetic ignition , manual start ,… Giorgio, I am thinking , would this be suitable for this topic?

17 Likes

Tone, you were right. It wuld be a sin not to buy this. Cutest tractor l ever seen!

11 Likes

tone, gratulation that the tractor is now yours…at you is in the best hands!!! soon with gasifier…crisis resistant because its new gasifier is with ss on the critical parts …than hand crank , a dream…
1000 tractors of this model were produced, how much have gone to scrap!!!
now i know because your wife gets a new kitchen stove…everyone gets his tools and toys…

i am happy for you

9 Likes

hello tone, but the traktor costs 2500 euro and the stove only 800 euro. …your wife has a credit yet from 1700 euro… says my wife…she is good in mathematics ha ha

9 Likes

It will be about 10 minutes after you get home and have a gasifer custom installed on it. :rofl: It is a pretty darn good find!

I kind of like the paint job. I was trying to figure out if that was original, and if it is the one I think it is, it is missing headlights.

The hand crank is all you. I don’t have a big enough hill for one without a starter. :rofl:

4 Likes

https://www.meccagri.it/fiat-600-prima-dell-automobile-ci-fu-il-trattore/

5 Likes

Looking good Tone! Congrats. And looking forward to see the gasifier Tone 2.0 on it.

4 Likes

tone, when you have time, the fiat has a decompression system for hand crancing?
ciao giorgio

4 Likes

I am sure we will see another Beast of Turin when you’re done with it!

5 Likes