Historic woodgas tractors

Congratulations Tone! :+1:
If you donā€™t mind, tell us about your plans for your new workhorse.

6 Likes

Are you going to woodgasify it? Please tell us.
Anyway, nice tractor :smiley:

5 Likes

Giorgio, the Fiat doesnā€™t have a decompressor for easier starting, I started it downhill for the first time, it came to life quickly. Otherwise, I have to seal the leaking water pump. I cleaned the carburettor, replaced the fuel pipe, there will still be quite a bit of workā€¦ well, it has four performances, the fourth one is very fast, it probably reaches 40km/h,ā€¦ of course I intend to install a wood gas gasifier, but I donā€™t have it at the moment time for that,ā€¦ :grinning::fire:

14 Likes

They advertised them as ā€˜easy to work onā€™. They sound like they were designed to compete with the Ford 8N.

And now we know the real reason why you bought it. :slight_smile:

I was going to say you could install a decompression system to make it easier to start. but I think you need antique driving goggles and maybe a leather helmet more. :slight_smile:
The windshield was optional on a Model T so maybe something like these.

5 Likes

Ha, ha, good glasses, but the driving cap should be turned back so that the wind does not blow it away. Giorgio, those of you who donā€™t have a car, this little tractor would be quite a good means of transport, you just need to add lights and balance the tires. :grinning::tractor::tornado:

8 Likes

If you make the ride pleasant, the wife will start using it, and you are out of a tractor and you already got her the stove. :rofl:

9 Likes

tone, thanks for the film, exiting engineā€¦with 40 km/h we have soon the next ā€œwoodrunnerā€!
in my old hanomag handbook i hav seen they have had a lever on the friction pedal for fix it on ā€œopenā€ position for easier hand cranking, shure in winter helpfull when the gear oil is more stiffā€¦

in the swiss woodgas book from @Til in the chapter about converting diesels to spark ignition, there is a valve over the cylinder in the motorhead called ā€œzischhahnā€ā€¦is this for decompression??

5 Likes

kristijan, here is also one for you, not so expensive , a benzina, near veniceā€¦Subito - AF Rappresentanze srl - FIAT 312 - Veicoli commerciali In vendita a Vicenza

i look a bit more, maybee find othersā€¦

3 Likes

and here some nice iron wheels Subito - AF Rappresentanze srl - AGRIFULL gabbie per trattore landini - Veicoli commerciali In vendita a Vicenza

2 Likes

or this one ā€¦ cost less and better conserved ( benzina)

3 Likes

or this , one is benzina, but expensive, another -the 601- is the same like tone`s, only with chainsā€¦for 750 euro - to restoreā€¦

3 Likes

this is a bit expensive , but interesting rear wheels with old tires also benzinaā€¦all this tractors are to convert for woodgas

3 Likes

some other interessting modells with spark ignition ( benzina petrolio)- for woodgas converting- only a bit pocket money is needed

3 Likes

this one cost lessā€¦

4 Likes

small one with 9 hp for the childrenā€¦

5 Likes

also this a gasoline ( benzina) tractor from 1931

2 Likes

https://www.agriaffaires.it/usato/trattori-epoca/42525703/fiat-700.html
ā€¦but the price ā€¦ a lot of new stoves for the wife ā€¦

4 Likes

9hpā€¦ for the children :smile: you made me laugh Giorgio. My current tractor is just a bit more powerfull and at some times it scares the crap out of me :smile:

7 Likes

hello tone
i have found some drawings, of the fiat 601ā€¦ motor should be the same as yours

ciao giorgio

3 Likes

Thanks Giorgio, good link, Iā€™m especially interested in how the clutch is designed, whether it has the possibility of adjustment, because it grabs at the end.

1 Like